View Full Version : um.......

dantheman
09-10-2005, 04:51 PM
I saw this posted on Gamefaqs (I know.....). Just wondering if this is possible and how?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Karnage891/ss01.jpg

Even with top gear, flasks, buffs, that talisman from mc, I fail to see how this is possible.

Smellyskele
09-10-2005, 05:07 PM
wtf thats some rare shit. gd job shes not on our realm

NERF

Kabhanda
09-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Its becuase of the chromatic nature of alot of the mobs in bwl.

Alot of them have insanely low (ie highly negative) resists to certain magic schools, along with obscenely high resists to others.

Ive also seen screenies of frost bolts critting for 6k+ and the like, it needs good gear too like, but will never happen anywhere else :)

Alia
09-10-2005, 06:25 PM
hmmm wonder how much damage mindblast will do on that mob! :P

dantheman
09-10-2005, 06:28 PM
ah ok, cheers guys :)

Abberare
09-10-2005, 06:32 PM
Dan sign up for BWL next Sunday (if you're attuned), we'll try and get yours to beat that.

dantheman
09-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Can't go, working :(
Although I'm not sure it's wise to go to BWL when we havent even beaten Raggy yet (1 thing at a time). Would like to see the place though.

To the COI members. Is BWL fun or does it get like MC after awhile (still enjoy the boss fights though :) )?

Kabhanda
09-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Well, the learning curve in BWL is far far steeper, when we first took razorgore we pretty much worked out most of it ourselves, even though we watched a few vids and stuff there were no real guides anyway. Anyway, even if you have a guide you really do have to wipe alot to learn BWL.

The zerg during the egg phase of razorgore is very intimidating, the actual razorgore fight although doable with 10 men is also very wipeable with 40, his aggro is, erm, interesting.

Even if you know all of vaelestrasz's abilities getting your dps high enough while not out aggroing the constantly changing tanks takes practise (or B.O.S. :P).

Then as snyone who saw my dodgy movie can see we got butt raped by the first trash in BWL.

Then ofcourse we wiped a fair few times on rag, and now hes just another boss to farm, so ofcourse once you learn the fights well enough they get simpler, but with alot of the BWL stuff just one person cocking up can easily wipe you all, you really can't turn off and not pay attention even when the place is on farm mode.

ZG became a mindless grind very fast for us, (we pretty much veiwed the place as on farm mode first time we killed hakkar, and we were right). But with BWL even razorgore (the first boss) is still a fun fight where you have to pay attention, stay awake and really know how to play your class well.

With fun facts like if a ranged dps pulls aggro on broodlord the raid will wipe, and broodlord constantly reduces tank aggro I can see why BOS whining came about, but (apart from vael) none of the BWL fights need to be rushed at all, so imo bos makes no difference on say broodlord, yes our dps can maintain slightly higher dps, but with a good heal strat you can go on forever, so lower dps doesnt matter. Even with bos you have to learn to control your own dps, you can't go all out.

Meh, anyway all that crap is to say I think its far more fun than MC, and the fights stay fun for longer after you first beat them.

dantheman
10-10-2005, 12:45 AM
Cool, cheers for the info mate :)

Alia
10-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Aha

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8651/imbamb9sc.jpg

Alia
16-10-2005, 05:34 AM
oh yeah :D

http://pacifistguild.org/media/upload/9000.JPG