View Full Version : Staff of Jordan for a priest?

Felwen
08-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Hi guys,

I am about to hit 40 and I just got Staff of Jordan (http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=873) as a drop off a raptor in STV.

I am already using Illusionary Rod (http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=7713) is the Staff of Jordan worth using as a priest?

Felwen

Turiel
08-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Does it have big boobs?

Elandar
08-10-2005, 05:11 PM
I would sell it if I was a priest.

sara
08-10-2005, 05:20 PM
That's unnecessarily crude! :)

SoJ is pretty nice provided you aren't concerned about the loss of sta. High spirit = better regen, and +healing/damage is always nice.

Illusionary rod is also nice, there's people who use it until level 50+, so it's mostly a question of whether you want a better staff or to rook some mage/warlock for some extra cash.

Coven
10-10-2005, 12:24 PM

I still don't understand why people think this is automatically a mage/lock item.

Priests (maybe druids if heal bots) are the only focussed casters ingame that can use all of the facets of this staff - +Healing, very handy for Locks and Mages...

A sweet priest staff, very lucky to have it drop - +dam and healing is nice for Shadow priests, more face melting + additional healing capabilities. Couple this with the dreamweave set and you have some very handy spell boosts.

Oh, and bragging rights too :)

Illusionary rod is still a sweet staff if you want the 100G+ that this will attract. You can use some of that to buy a better staff when nearing 50.

I'd have kept it if it dropped for me.

dantheman
10-10-2005, 12:40 PM

I still don't understand why people think this is automatically a mage/lock item.

Priests (maybe druids if heal bots) are the only focussed casters ingame that can use all of the facets of this staff - +Healing, very handy for Locks and Mages...

A sweet priest staff, very lucky to have it drop - +dam and healing is nice for Shadow priests, more face melting + additional healing capabilities. Couple this with the dreamweave set and you have some very handy spell boosts.

Oh, and bragging rights too :)

Illusionary rod is still a sweet staff if you want the 100G+ that this will attract. You can use some of that to buy a better staff when nearing 50.

I'd have kept it if it dropped for me.

It's nice for locks and mages because it's not just healing, it's damage as well so a lock/mage can also get the full benefit of the staff.

Edit Sorry, I see what you mean now. However +healing effects death coil and drain life as well, so I guess locks also get the full benefit.

Kabhanda
10-10-2005, 01:03 PM

I agree with what you say (mainly) however this is one arguement i've seen too many times, and its pure crap.

All the 'pure' +dam items are +dam/healing, the full benefit is gained whether you use it for damage, healing or both. In reality if you use a +dam/healing item to boost healing you are being a fool as +dam/healing is far more expensive (in terms of the stat budget used by blizzard) than +healing, ie an equivalent item with +heal will give far more +heal than you can get from +dam/heal.

I know this isn't really that relevant to staff of jordan (as there is no equivalent +heal staff) but the point still remains, this is great as a +dam staff (as the priest would use it for soloing) but is only 'good' as a healing staff.

Coven
10-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Not disagreeing with anything you said. All I was saying is that a priest has two benefits to 2 facets (whether good or great, slightly irrelevant given main topic), whereas a mage will only make use of the + Damage. And that this staff is at least as useable by a priest as a Lock or mage regardless of others saying it's a mage item. No more no less.

And thanks for pointing out the areas a Lock CAN use the + healing, was unaware of this, I'm yet to play a Lock.

dantheman
10-10-2005, 03:51 PM
it's a hunter wep :(

Coven
10-10-2005, 03:53 PM

bu-boom-boom-tschh!!

Felwen
10-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the many replies guys. I had 2 people offer me 100g for the staff but decided to keep it. I decided that it is a great staff and that it would be a real waste to sell a beautiful epic that dropped for me!

TheFallen
10-10-2005, 10:10 PM

Get your ass back to thottbot

Elandar
11-10-2005, 10:34 AM

I would sell it as a mage/warlock too. :)
You get alot of money for it and you would have to get a new weapon in a few levels anyway.

TheFallen
11-10-2005, 10:37 AM
I would sell it as a mage/warlock too. :)
You get alot of money for it and you would have to get a new weapon in a few levels anyway.

QFT, when they're not end-game it won't take long untill you replace them. Sure, you'll be owning aslong as you have it at the cost of alot of money;)

Platonas
04-11-2005, 10:49 PM
"I used it, and i'm the pope!"

Seriously. good staff. used both illu and soj for many many levels.

Bagrok
05-11-2005, 10:09 PM
"I used it, and i'm the pope!"

Seriously. good staff. used both illu and soj for many many levels.

Priestish Elf Has Spoken!

-> Ya should visite Durotar more :)