View Full Version : Priest Addons

Alia
29-09-2005, 09:19 AM
I was checking Priests addons and oh may we got loads of them.

What Addons u guys are using and what each do?

I'm using the Standerd CTRA and CtMod.

Kabhanda
29-09-2005, 10:33 AM
CT_RaidAssist
ItemsMatrix
GoodInspect
AutoBuff
SpellAlert
Sct
Recap
Perl
Mobhealth2
MarsQuestLevel

pthampy
30-09-2005, 06:26 AM
CT_mod (with various addons)
Titan bar
sct
and a vavourite of mine:BIBToolbars( very nice and easy to use)

Felwen
30-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Ayresome's PriestTools 0.7.4

AutoInnerFire 1.31

Coven
03-10-2005, 11:30 AM
How much of a headache are the add-ons to install? How are they affected after each patch?

Where's the best place to look for them?

Cheers,

Erb

Kabhanda
03-10-2005, 12:32 PM
To install, piss easy, just put them in /interface/addons.

After each patch old mods can literally make you game unplayable, and need to be disabled untill you get an updated version. (some mods work fine without updates tho)

I get them mainly from www.curse-gaming.com

Grizo
23-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Well, decursive is without a doubt one of the best addons for priests, if you aks me that is...

Kabhanda
23-10-2005, 08:24 PM
decursive is good if you suck.

meh, I have alot of mods that automate ooc stuff, like self buffs and the like, I also have my target auto re-aquired after fears and equivalent, yet somehow decursive seems like a step too far for me, I can manually target and dispell as fast as the global cooldown will let me, and it means i'm actually doing something instead of simply jabbing a button repeatedly (infact i use a whole 'nother button :P)

hmm, spose the stuff I have automated is simply becuase I hate to forget to rebuff, where as when it comes to in combat actions I find it (although technically it isn't) to be somewhat of a cheat to use something like decursive.

however if you are unable to aquire a new target that needs dispelling / decursing in under 1 second then I suppose decursive id good for you.

Robinvi
23-10-2005, 09:17 PM
decursive is good if you suck.

Ahhhh, I just love your comments on the forums 8)

/hug

sara
23-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Decursive is useful for hordies in MC, where you have to cast dispel on the entire raid and there's less priests than groups.

If they ever manage to ban decursive then they either have to rebalance MC away from ridiculous debuff spams or declare it an alliance only zone.

lokman
24-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Couldn't agree more.
One other addon worth mentioning is Mana Converse. Though CTRaid has a similar function built-in.

Kabhanda
24-10-2005, 11:27 PM
I don't have any problems dispelling people outside of my party without decursive...

i'm also not saying it should be banned, just that its very much not neccessary and yet seems to always be listed as needed.

meh, MC is far too easy as it is, chain mashing one button would make it far worse.

Taurusos
25-10-2005, 01:49 AM
I don't have any problems dispelling people outside of my party without decursive...

i'm also not saying it should be banned, just that its very much not neccessary and yet seems to always be listed as needed.

meh, MC is far too easy as it is, chain mashing one button would make it far worse.

Gonna hand it to you...

You are one arrogant bastard,,,

See, you would not be where you are if it was not for your certain classes special abilities.

Get a grip and be just a _BIT_ humble will ya?

Anyone stepping in this thread saying BoS and or Fear Ward does not make SIGNIFICANT changes to boss-fights, I freaking DARE you......

Seriously STFU.

/Taurusos

Ashborn
25-10-2005, 02:06 AM
Fear Ward

I'll bite. We very rarely even *have* a dwarf priest on raids. ANY encounter is beatable without it, and it doesn't really make that big a difference even in fights where it is useful.

Taurusos
25-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Fear Ward

I'll bite. We very rarely even *have* a dwarf priest on raids. ANY encounter is beatable without it, and it doesn't really make that big a difference even in fights where it is useful.

Take a bit on the other one if you will....

/Taurusos

Segoras
25-10-2005, 03:05 AM
Anyone stepping in this thread saying BoS and or Fear Ward does not make SIGNIFICANT changes to boss-fights, I freaking DARE you......

Why would anyone step in this thread about priest addons and whine about how imba bos is? .. Back to what Khly was talking about, decursive is handy indeed but as most other addons very doable without. All about what your used to.

Ashborn
25-10-2005, 03:06 AM
We could argue for pages, so no :P

Ruargh
25-10-2005, 07:39 AM
Why would anyone step in this thread about priest addons and whine about how imba bos is? .. Back to what Khly was talking about, decursive is handy indeed but as most other addons very doable without. All about what your used to.

i actually think khly was making it overly clear you dont need decursive?

Kabhanda
25-10-2005, 11:18 AM
Indeed, imo decursive is not needed at all, like ashen said we basically dont have a dwarf priest so no fear ward (our one dwarf priest has very low attendance atm).

And how the fuck does BoS relate to dispelling? last I checked the act of manually dispelling targets doesnt generate aggro any differently than using decursive...

This thread is about addons, I like to crusade alot against decursive's supposed 'neccesary' status for raiding, i'm in the right thread for that, you like to whine alot about fear ward and BoS, you are in the wrong thread for that.

Gonna hand it to you...

You are one arrogant bastard,,,

No taur, I'm not arrogant, I'm better than you.

Khalam
25-10-2005, 11:33 AM

/Taurusos

lol stop crying already. We have ONE dwarven priest in the guild and he hasn't been able to raid lately.

And BoS - You got all the way to Rag. BoS is only useful for Rogues at Rag, ranged can just nuke away, it doesn't make any differance.
BoS DOES make a big differance on Vael, but you get ezmode on Razorgore. :p

Aderia
27-10-2005, 09:20 AM

/Taurusos

lol stop crying already. We have ONE dwarven priest in the guild and he hasn't been able to raid lately.

And BoS - You got all the way to Rag. BoS is only useful for Rogues at Rag, ranged can just nuke away, it doesn't make any differance.
BoS DOES make a big differance on Vael, but you get ezmode on Razorgore. :p

Mabye this is an offtopic but /agree to khalam

Aduna
09-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Hi,

My first post :)

I use Group Buttons, CT_RA and decursive (yeah maybe i suck ;), but i cant target that fast in MC :()

Cheers

Alia
10-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Welcome Aduna :)

sillerne
21-12-2005, 07:29 AM
When i look at this i see nothing but arrogant replys from some peopel in COI.... I use decursive ... why?? because i can :o

I dont see in any way that I or anyone else suck because of that.

Maby you feel that you suck if you do but hey!!! Not my problem

Btw did you know babyes comes from a stork's nest :shock: