View Full Version : Hunters mark fades on death?

Caliban
29-09-2005, 12:07 AM
I, like all rogues, hate hunters mark. Some hunters love to run within the mark range, tag me, and then leave. Drives me nuts.

Often killing that hunter will now become my mission in life (incredible how some let me stealth up to them even with the mark on). Say I kill the bastard. Here's my question: sometimes the mark fades, sometimes it stays. Whats up? Im pretty sure Im not falling for that old fein death thing. Ok, sometimes, but not that often.

Chonsette
29-09-2005, 05:44 AM
until today, I'd of said it fades when the hunter dies, but I was playing in AB as my warrior earlier, got marked by some hyper active NE, killed him, and noticed the mark was still hovering above me.
Not that I was really bothered, since it only helps to get the opposing team to gank the warrior, but I can imagine as a rogue, that could drive you crazy :lol:

Maybe a 1.7 bug? since I've never heard of this before then.
either that, or some other nasty hunter marked me as soon as the last one died, then hid behind a tree, or used that nasty shadowmeld (opinions completely changed on that since rerolling)

Zorg
29-09-2005, 06:08 AM
I, like all rogues, hate hunters mark. Some hunters love to run within the mark range, tag me, and then leave. Drives me nuts.

Often killing that hunter will now become my mission in life (incredible how some let me stealth up to them even with the mark on). Say I kill the bastard. Here's my question: sometimes the mark fades, sometimes it stays. Whats up? Im pretty sure Im not falling for that old fein death thing. Ok, sometimes, but not that often.

I would suspect you can only have one "victim" marked at the time, so he/she probably marked another one.

Llort
29-09-2005, 06:42 AM
or?

Perhaps some other hunter marked you while fighting the hunter that marked you in first place???

And, targeting another mob/player while dead != possible

Chonsette
29-09-2005, 07:27 AM
or?

Perhaps some other hunter marked you while fighting the hunter that marked you in first place???

No.
once a hunter marks their target, it stays until,
1. the two minute timer on the mark runs out.
2. the hunter/poor marked person dies.
3. the hunter casts a new mark not changes targets as was suggested (at least I think thats what you meant), since this would make the mark about as useless "Kill me first!" sign placed upon every one of your opponents backs.

And no, you cannot cast hunters mark whilst your lying dead.

One thing though, I know people like to spam punctuation to make a point, but once I see something ending in "???" I completely lose respect for the entire post, no matter if its a great point or not. presentation ftw and all.

Caliban
29-09-2005, 07:30 AM
or?

Hmm. Possible. But sometimes the mark will fade the same second I kill the hunter. Sometimes it stays, the hunter resses at the graveyard, and comes right for me (now that's annoying). As far as I know hunters can only track their own mark - so the different hunter theory is out.

-Caliban

Locowar
29-09-2005, 07:36 AM
or?

No.
once a hunter marks their target, it stays until,
1. the two minute timer on the mark runs out.
2. the hunter/poor marked person dies.
3. the hunter casts a new mark not changes targets as was suggested (at least I think thats what you meant), since this would make the mark about as useless "Kill me first!" sign placed upon every one of your opponents backs.

And no, you cannot cast hunters mark whilst your lying dead.

One thing though, I know people like to spam punctuation to make a point, but once I see something ending in "???" I completely lose respect for the entire post, no matter if its a great point or not. presentation ftw and all.

Bah, I thought that when I killed the hunter, the mark would fade=/ It's annoying to have this little red pointer above your head, especially when trying to hide in the bushes. :P

ps: Chonsette you play horde now:O?:P

Chonsette
29-09-2005, 07:37 AM
As far as I know hunters can only track their own mark - so the different hunter theory is out.

-Caliban

Nah, once your marked your pretty visable for everyone.

Chonsette
29-09-2005, 07:41 AM

Aye, orc warriors ftw :D
on Lightnings blade though, pvp on shadowsong just seems too political, and crappy.

Locowar
29-09-2005, 07:45 AM
RAWR! Orc warriors ftw:P and indeed shadowsong pvp is drama:)
But hey thats another topic.

TheFallen
29-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Bah, I thought that when I killed the hunter, the mark would fade=/ It's annoying to have this little red pointer above your head, especially when trying to hide in the bushes. :P

I've been begging blizzard to allow us to pick colors of our marks. Would help in instances and i'd love to place a pink arrow on your head :evil:

Ogrosh
30-09-2005, 12:40 PM
As soon as I spot a Rogue he gets a mark, even if I'm not going to fight him, will mark as a many as possible as well :lol:

Rukia
30-09-2005, 12:55 PM

Aye, orc warriors ftw :D
on Lightnings blade though, pvp on shadowsong just seems too political, and crappy.

omfg

Chonsey...that wasn't you?!

I wondered last night in AB...and thought...nah...couldn't be. As a sidenote: yes, LB pvp is hella fun.

Vorian
19-12-2005, 02:40 AM
Has anyone noticed rogues steathing (completely invisible after being marked recently?

Hav had it several times recently, not sure if it was a bug or what

Turiel
19-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Woot! :P

Tsarina
19-12-2005, 03:18 PM
As far as I know hunters can only track their own mark - so the different hunter theory is out.

-Caliban

Nah, once your marked your pretty visable for everyone.
Only the one casting the mark will see you. Tested beyond reasonable doubt.

Azelton
19-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Aye, there has been alot oh crying/whining about hunters mark vs rogues in offical forums. Ppl are trying to make blizz nerf hunters mark to 1min duration on PvP and even some of the hunters are agreeing on that. Not fun when hunter marks you and the mark sticks after the hunters death. Specially if that happends near gy where the hunter can ress, bam dead rogue :(

pegastud
09-03-2006, 02:01 PM
I'd just love to see that hm that stays after dead go away.
Not for pvp purposes but pve, now its a bitch for our raid to find the loose dragon if a hunter dies at raz. otherwise we just could look for the unmarked one.

but in pvp its quite fun it stays on :)