View Full Version : MC rogue in 1.8

Tengil
26-09-2005, 04:29 PM
What would be the ultimate MC build in 1.8 with the nerfs (or perhaps even a buff for someone)? Build and equipment would be great to know :) I'm a backstabber right now but I'm often outdamaged by others using ss/evisc with rends etc etc. Is sword the way to go in mc aswell? I would prefer it to be daggers and bs :(

TheFallen
26-09-2005, 04:38 PM
aren't the rends being nerfed for you guys in 1.8? Meaning, there will be alot of better options?:)

Leave the rends for the hunters!

Alverion
26-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Its not going to change very much at all, the overall dmg loss on swords is only very little, where as the average gain in dagger dmg is going to little to nil.

In end its going to affect rogues as much as it'll affect warriors, not at all. At least the Brutality Blade and Vis'kag will be a little more desirable.

So we'll be roughly on the same level as we are now. All rogues will be hitting roughly the same damage as they were before, they'd just be closer in damage amounts.

P.S. Rogues will always go for Rends : b, as will warriors and hunters as always : b

Hephaestos
27-09-2005, 12:01 AM
and warlocks! dal rends is obviously a warlock sword set!!!oneon

Ashborn
27-09-2005, 12:08 AM
I need it for uber firestone damage.

Kabhanda
27-09-2005, 12:23 AM
I need it more!

Alia
27-09-2005, 06:21 AM
and warlocks! dal rends is obviously a warlock sword set!!!oneon

I need it for uber firestone damage.

Yes it's Warlock Sword set so leave Azuresong Mageblade for the Mages :evil:

Tengil
28-09-2005, 09:45 AM
....yeah.... exactly what i asked for ;)

But what I got from it was that rogues still wanted dal rends the most with a ss/evisc combat build? So you say dal rend is better than brutality...?

Sinar
05-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Alverion's post was very clear almost zero actual loss on all equip builds will be felt whilst upping some of the current ridiculous epic swords (actually the only two 1handers in game) Vis'Kag and Burtality which both has wtf speeds...The weapons speed will still be the most important factor when choosing your main hand as slower speed will Always have highest range meaning nothing has changed..A mate on the us test server emailed me a few days back using a shanker there reporting an ambush on cloth no longer topping at 1.5k (in half NS/rest best blue) but stopping at 1470 which is negligible

as to talent build Id recommend 31/x/x for obvious reasons