View Full Version : /macro

Ruargh
24-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Not sure where to put it, this seems like a nice place :)

i've been trying to get a timed delay into a macro.
im pretty sure its possible, i just dont have a clue how to. Does anyone have some bright ideas for me? :)

Tsarina
24-09-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm pretty sure it isn't. You could make some imba sequences if you could. I was looking for something like that in the good old pre 1.7 days when Spirit Bond was bugged. One buttone to cast all three ranks.

TheFallen
24-09-2005, 05:09 PM
you can only cast 1spell with 1 macro at the same time.

Meaning: Clicking it will only make your toon do 1thing, clicking it again could do something else but it is impossible to do 2things with 1command by just 1click

Get it?:p

Ruargh
24-09-2005, 07:19 PM
ah bugger :/ :)

Kathra
25-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Although its been clarified that you cant. Adding a time break would turn a macro into a bot

bot = not allowed

;p

Ruargh
20-10-2005, 03:53 PM
got another that as me wondering...

i think its possible to make a macro say random stuff... does anyone have a clue on how this works? :)

TheFallen
20-10-2005, 04:34 PM
got another that as me wondering...

i think its possible to make a macro say random stuff... does anyone have a clue on how this works? :)

It's possible, came across a macro once that would say something random each time you click it:)

but i don't know how it works though

PS: Love ya sig

Flawless
20-10-2005, 04:46 PM
the Marcos are just simple LUA scripts. /script to start it and your off, if you need some good ones putting a post up in your calss forums can be useful.

Psonica
21-10-2005, 07:39 AM
you can only cast 1spell with 1 macro at the same time.

Actually in some rare cases you can construct a marco that can cast 2 spells/abilities as long as the first one doesn't trigger the global cooldown ... rare but it works.

And no, there is no way to make a small delay in a macro - it's Blizzards way of ensuring you that 2 spells in the same macro doesn't work :)

Gruze
21-10-2005, 08:40 AM
not a macro but a hunter can use raptor strike + wc instantly and normal melee hit, used it in beta and still works. Guess that is about timing tho but perfect in duels.

pegastud
25-10-2005, 01:42 PM
once read something about a certain mod that added the delay ability.
long time ago though.

sara
25-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Cosmos allows you to schedule certain things to happen after a delay (chat messages and stuff), but nothing can invoke a spell after a delay, the code checks to see that it happened because of a user event (keyboard or mouse).

Nivellen
25-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Well, boss mods use timed delays, like the Ragnaros timer for example, shows a message after 2 minutes of fighting, then 20 seconds before sons spawn. Time delay is certainly involved there, if someone tried hard enough, I'll bet you could somehow implement that for spells. (Or as I hear, does the WoW client check for addons/macros trying to use a timed delay between spells?)