View Full Version : Anti afk addon?

Nivellen
20-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Does anyone know an anti-afk addon? Something that stops you from getting the /afk flag.

I find this quite annoying when waiting in bg queue. I have auto-join on, and I get a loud bell signal when I join. But recently I find that I get the /afk flag for being idle, then join the bg, then get booted out of it for having it. (Isn't joining a BG supposed to reset your afk flag?) It's kind of annoying having to come to the computer and make my character jump every 10+ minutes.

Are anti-afk addons illegal?

Know any other ways of avoiding getting the afk flag? :?

Turiel
20-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Yes, they're illegal.

TheFallen
20-09-2005, 04:38 PM
It's illegal, lots of problems with ppl running arround in circles in AV and such while others is grinding rep and honor for them;) Unfair, no? :wink:

but if i remember correctly, afk flag resets when you join, changed since patch 1.7 i believe, saw this in a blue post about afk flag resestting when joining though, forgot what patch/if it already was released and stuff.

But when in AV and you gotta eat or such, i find placing a small wait on 2 of my movement keys(in a zone where i won't get killed) a very effective method;)

Tsarina
20-09-2005, 06:22 PM
but if i remember correctly, afk flag resets when you join, changed since patch 1.7 i believe, saw this in a blue post about afk flag resestting when joining though, forgot what patch/if it already was released and stuff.

It was 1.7, but apparently it isn't working. Not only Nive has been kicked out.

Nive: Turn on AFK when you get out and turn your sound up.

JeFF
20-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Autorunning against a wall gets you AFK too. Thank god for that.

Platonas
20-09-2005, 09:34 PM
as does /follow >

Muley
20-09-2005, 10:33 PM
you could get those toy woodpecker things like homer had on the simpsons...have one woodpecker mashing W and the other pecking S...now thats a plan :D

Nivellen
21-09-2005, 11:10 AM
So this one time I was playing, woot, after 1 hour of waiting got into a game, and the horde were putting up a good fight. Then I type a message into the chat window to find out that it displays as [AFK]Nivellen: bla bla. So happily I turn off my /afk flag. The next second I get ported out of the BG. . ... ... . . .. :smt097 stupid bastard blizzard grrr :D

So now this second time while waiting for more than 30 minutes I turn on my /afk flag thinking, kk going to give my eyes a rest and notify my mates that I'm not looking at the monitor. Then 10 minutes later I hear a loud gong signal, which notifies me that I'm joining the BG. Yay, all this waiting, this will certainly be a good game. Hmm, what's this, a different loading screen than usual? Wait, why am I at the BG entrance?! omg :E AFK flag did not get reset and got ported out :evil:

This about sums up my AFK adventures. Nowadays I know to come up to my rig and make my char jump once in a while. I'll probably end up finding some "auto-fire" program on the net, that simply hits a key once every 10 minutes. Like the space key. Eagerly awaiting a Blizzard hotfix for the /afk flag reset on joining BG as well.

Unfortunately I do not have a wooden um woodpecker that will smash my keyboard. And autorunning against a wall doesn't work as you say.

Jarelan
21-09-2005, 11:42 AM
i wedge a piece of paper between my down and left cursor keys so i run in a circle backwards, thats kept me not AFK for up to 40 minutes before.

Nivellen
21-09-2005, 11:47 AM
i wedge a piece of paper between my down and left cursor keys so i run in a circle backwards, thats kept me not AFK for up to 40 minutes before.
Thanks, that's all I needed to know. 8)

Turiel
21-09-2005, 11:52 AM
You can turn "Auto clear AFK" off in the Interface options, which will stop you getting ported out straight after you enter a BG while AFK.

Tsarina
21-09-2005, 12:17 PM
The AFK flag doesn't mean anything. Its the time you have been idle that matters. Get an addon that does NOT port you into the BG while AFK. Like betterbattlegrounds. Have autoclear AFK on. When the invite comes and the sound plays, hit spacebar. After a lot of experimenting and missed BGs, I found that to be the best method. Turn the sound up loud and run to your computer when you hear the signal. Having two addicts paying attention helps too.

Nivellen
21-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Btw, checked this, and it doesn't work. You still go afk after 5 minutes of walking in circles.

Thanks for more tips Turiel and Tsarina. I will certainly check them. I've actually started scripting an AutoIt (http://www.autoitscript.com) script that will make my character jump every 2-4 minutes to avoid the afk flag.

I might go for your way Tsarina, get that Betterbattlegrounds that doesn't port when you have afk on but plays a loud signal. That should do the job. Thanks.

TheFallen
21-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Just buy a woodpecker

Turiel
21-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Ah cool, its not a mod so its not illegal. I think :P

Elandar
22-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Thanks for more tips Turiel and Tsarina. I will certainly check them. I've actually started scripting an AutoIt (http://www.autoitscript.com) script that will make my character jump every 2-4 minutes to avoid the afk flag.

It's third party and therefore illegal.

Karlsens
25-09-2005, 09:42 PM
just find a spot by a wall/tree anything and use autorun... Youll get no where and wont be afk cause youre running. I use it sometimes.

Well thats all

Elandar
25-09-2005, 11:00 PM
just find a spot by a wall/tree anything and use autorun... Youll get no where and wont be afk cause youre running. I use it sometimes.

Well thats all

That doesn't work anymore (it shouldn't atleast). :(

Tsarina
25-09-2005, 11:12 PM
That didn't even work in the closed (euro) beta. I don't think you have tried that trick for more than 5 minutes.

Nivellen
26-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Yep, it don't work. Neither does running in circles with two buttons pressed. Basicly any action being done for more than 5 minutes, with no "fresh" impulses from the game client makes you idle and enables /afk flag. There really is no way to bypass the 5 min afk rule without breaking Blizzard rules.

If someone finds something non-illegal then you'll be da man!

Alia
26-09-2005, 06:07 AM
If someone finds something non-illegal then you'll be da man!

Easy, buy a candy bar and tell your baby brother that he can have it but 1st he must click the space bar ever few mins :wink: .

It work geart with me and most the time he dont get the candy bar :twisted: .

This should make me da woman right? :lol:

Chonar
26-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Ehem..

Autorunning doesnt work..

Placing a heavy object on 2 arrow keys of your keyboar at the same time, does.

*cough*

Locowar
26-09-2005, 10:51 AM
a fork or a knife will do:)

Nivellen
26-09-2005, 01:14 PM
I checked, had the left and up arrow key pressed, my character would run in circles. After 5 minutes he got the /afk flag. Did you check it for more than 5 minutes and are you 100% sure?

Chonar
26-09-2005, 10:26 PM
I checked, had the left and up arrow key pressed, my character would run in circles. After 5 minutes he got the /afk flag. Did you check it for more than 5 minutes and are you 100% sure?

I'm sure it worked once, and pretty recently too. :/ More research is required.

Elandar
27-09-2005, 12:50 AM
It worked pre-1.7.

Mitox
06-06-2006, 10:30 AM
I know someone that is using an old optical mouse for WoW, with that mouse you always got a shaking pointer on your screen.
I'm not sure if it helps against going AFK, but it does work against logging off, she can just walk away from WoW for some hours and come back without getting automaticly logged off.
But if it works against logging off it proberly also works against going AFK.

When you have a good mouse that doesn't give a shaking pointer you can maybe place it on a peace of wool or something when you walk away.

Edit: Oops, i just noticed how old this topic is. : /

Alia
06-06-2006, 10:51 AM
hehe Mitox :)

Mitox
06-06-2006, 11:11 AM
/wave Alia :)

Gaeline
06-06-2006, 11:51 AM

I believe they changed it after Haomarush opened, since that server was heavily camped by people using anti-AFK measures due to the long queues. I was even contacted by a GM at one point, right before I was gonna start anti-AFKing :P

Kathra
06-06-2006, 12:59 PM

I believe they changed it after Haomarush opened, since that server was heavily camped by people using anti-AFK measures due to the long queues. I was even contacted by a GM at one point, right before I was gonna start anti-AFKing :P

heh, Ganya was actually one of the people caught afking on the server ques

;D

Nivellen
06-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Nowadays the afk flag isn't a problem, it's the afk for half an hour - get disconnected which is annoying, especially with the long alliance queues. When waiting in BGs with queues of 30 minutes+ I end up coming over to my computer every 20 minutes and pressing some key to not get kicked.

What Mitox says is the best thing you can do - use some piece of hardware, such as an optical mouse that tells the WoW client you're active. Using software for it risks that you'll get detected and banned (although I've never heard of anyone getting banned for just idling on the server, but with Blizzard's no tolerance policy it's a possibility).

Nensec
10-06-2006, 12:07 AM
get an optical mouse, and find an opject whit an somesort of hole in it. place the 'optical' part on the edge of the hole and preste, your mouse should now be slowly moving in an random direction :P
________
volcano vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/volcano-vaporizer)

Thirteen
10-06-2006, 12:22 AM
get an optical mouse, and find an opject whit an somesort of hole in it. place the 'optical' part on the edge of the hole and preste, your mouse should now be slowly moving in an random direction :P

for about 5 seconds till it hits the edge of the screen

kyochi
10-06-2006, 12:42 AM
I once phoned home and told my dad to go and press spacebar on my pc because i was still out at lunch....he was mighty confused

Nensec
11-06-2006, 01:04 AM

not if you put a pice of paper in your right mouse button :o
________
NS400R (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_NS400R)

Thirteen
11-06-2006, 01:03 PM

Arnt we the smart one :)

Nensec
11-06-2006, 01:44 PM

Arnt we the smart one :)

well it works great here, and i liek to share my knowledge whit ppl :P
________
SL350 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_SL350)