View Full Version : Query: 1.7 Full BM pets

Meri
16-09-2005, 06:10 AM
So how lethal are they? Can they solo an average non epixed lvl 60 character? How big a difference does the Orc racial 5% increased pet damage do?
And on pet talents, what kind of damage reduction percentages are you seeing if you have bought the 1000 armor skill for a pet with thick hide talent maxed in BM? (this or the highest added life seem to me to be the most useful...fire res? yeah as if the pet will live in MC for 3 seconds in any case. :P )

At a guess, what would be the highest level instance a pet could "solo"? Scarlet Monastery possible?

Oh and is Dash working again? (as in pre 1,5? When pets actually used dash only when you sent them to attack someone)

Too busy in Venture to test it out myself. ;)

Mathawas
16-09-2005, 08:14 AM
Well I am building a tank pet atm (Owl with 10ar, 8sta, screech and growl) but it still needs loyalty and level, so not fully buffed.

The bear pet on test I had, full BM, 10ar and 8 sta, had around 5500armor (51% reduction I think) and 4600 or 4800 hps.

The Bangalash I have atm (prowl, dash, claw, 90+ to all resists) is a bloody pvp machine, esp with the trinket from the quest. Intimidate + prowl + BW + trinket = 3s stun, 300-400 crit, frenzied unCCable pet opener.

The third pet i'll build is a raid pet, probably a wolf with Furious Howl 4, 120 vs Fire, and HPs. Maybe armor.

pegastud
16-09-2005, 08:46 AM
49.5% reduction/4.5K health/ 90 shadow res.

only have a few points in bm, just to get improved health/armor.
MM ftw, although that tree didnt really get boosted

pegastud
16-09-2005, 08:48 AM
btw : they really should higher the amount of pets you can have. Only have 2 lvl60 best friends atm. But with those talents, i'll have to get me a 3rd one :D

Mathawas
16-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Pegastud if you accept advice from a zergolaz, do not fill your third slot with best friends lvl60 until you have learned ALL the skills you can from tamed beasts. Including the Howl 4 from LBRS (I imagine you already have bite 8). Otherwise you will have to throw away a best friend :(

Bleh helping a Horde, I must be getting soft :P

Drauk
16-09-2005, 10:40 AM
The third pet i'll build is a raid pet, probably a wolf with Furious Howl 4, 120 vs Fire, and HPs. Maybe armor.

Good luck keeping howl up in raids - it has an incredibly annoying sound. We are only allowing our hunters to use it on bosses, since that sounds every 10 secs or so is really driving ppl crazy :)

Mathawas
16-09-2005, 11:32 AM
ARWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :)

Anyway, here's a cool link courtesy of WoW US Hunter boards:

http://petcalc.tripod.com/

and here are the 3 builds:

Owl(solo tank/group offtank):
Great Stamina - rank 8 (125pts)
Natural Armor - rank 10 (150pts)
Screech - rank 4 (25pts)
Growl - rank 7 (0pts)

Total spent: 300

Cat(PVP):

Arcane Resist - rank 3 (45pts)
Fire Resist - rank 3 (45pts)
Frost Resist - rank 3 (45pts)
Nature Resist - rank 3 (45pts)
Shadow Resist - rank 3 (45pts)
Claw - rank 8 (25pts)
Dash - rank 3 (25pts)
Prowl - rank 3 (25pts)

Wolf(Group DPS/"buffer"):

Great Stamina - rank 10 (185pts)
Fire Resist - rank 4 (90pts)
Furious Howl - rank 4 (25pts)

Now let's see yours, guys :)

Tsarina
17-09-2005, 03:03 AM
So how lethal are they? Can they solo an average non epixed lvl 60 character?
Yes, they can. I have seen pets solo clothies inside Arathi Basin. And not only gimped ones, but people you would expect to have some clue about how to play their class have been eaten alive by the pet alone. Its an amazing sight. I bet mages hate seeing an enraged pet dashing towards them. Several rogues and druids (that don't realise shapeshifting could be a good idea) struggle too.

dantheman
02-10-2005, 06:14 PM
I struggle against the new hunter talent. Pisses me off. Too overpowered.

Psonica
03-10-2005, 07:31 AM
So what about those Zul'Gurub bats I keep hearing about ... 1.0 attack speed sounds awfully nasty to a caster like me :)

Tsarina
03-10-2005, 01:54 PM
But they are ugly. And annoying. And can't stealth which is a too big advantage in many PvP situations to give up. For other races than NE its of course a very good PvP option. Maybe solo PvE too.

Vighor
09-11-2005, 10:38 AM
But they are ugly. And annoying. And can't stealth which is a too big advantage in many PvP situations to give up. For other races than NE its of course a very good PvP option. Maybe solo PvE too.

The bat not being able to stealth isnt too big a problem in AB imho.
Defending stable / mine or mill allows you to put the bat out of sight - but having it in plain sight is sometimes very nice too (clothies that got eaten by it once or twice usually rethink attacking the place :lol: )

Tsarina
09-11-2005, 12:08 PM
We don't defend like we used to in AB anymore, we go for 5 nodes most of the time. But when we have to, if Spawn for once put up a fight or we have too many randomers, the stealthed attack from pet/hunter is amazing. The virtual look on some poor assaulter's face is hilarious. What I would give to be a fly on the wall in the room of some poor guy thinking he assualts an unprotected node, and suddenly 3 hunters and 3 pets insta kills him... One of my finest WoW moments. Placing out of range... Nah. I did that with cats too before we got prowl. Its not good enough. You have to move far away to place the pet, and the pet spends time geting to your victim. Prowling is instant and the pet is right next to you.

Vighor
09-11-2005, 12:27 PM
The bat is a huge factor faster then a cat.

(i have been bored enough to let them go round IF with eyes of the beast and while the bat can get more then a full round with 2 dives the cat just gets around 3/4 with 2 dashes)

And with regular pugs i rather stay defending a node then go run around with the "force" of headless chickens.
Most of the time i get more then half of the highest attackers hks and even have fun 8) - while when attacking i usually hit the dirt 10 secs after i send pet onto Toshiro (or any other horde priset) which for me isnt too much fun :lol:

Abberare
09-11-2005, 01:18 PM
The main problem I have with those bloody bats is that when one's on you it takes up your whole screen, making it hard to click on people (like the flag carrier in WSG)

Tsarina
09-11-2005, 01:40 PM
And with regular pugs i rather stay defending a node then go run around with the "force" of headless chickens.

Then a cat is a far better choice, no matter how good your bat is in Tour de IF.

Narf
01-12-2005, 09:25 PM
The bats are so ugly, I really don't understand why alot of hunters got a bat -.-'

Jurgan
01-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Fast and it pisses people off trying to target someone else but you got big f'king wings flapping in the way.

Thats why :P

Abberare
02-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Indeed... bloody bats.

Ashborn
15-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Back to the original topic: BM pets don't really bother me at all. There's two ways a fight vs a bm hunter can go. (Yesyes, I know, old topic and all. Pardon me for trying to keep the conversation going.)

1) They catch me unawares, hit intimidation + bestial wrath, so I sit there for a few secs getting beaten by the pet while my succu seduces the hunter. Intimidation fades, I grenade the pet (optional), immolate + corruption + amp coa on hunter, get close (bw = no scattershot), hunter likely wing clips and tries to get range, I hit death coil + possibly a searing, conflagrate, shadowburn - dead hunter. Pet's taken me to half health at best at this point.

2) I catch the hunter before they get bw off. Seduce hunter, fear pet, soul fire + immolate + dots + searing pain or two, possibly a shadowbolt + conflag + shadowburn. Dead hunter, me practically unscathed.

I find it funny when warlocks whine about hunters.

Tyra
15-12-2005, 10:00 PM
The bats are so ugly, I really don't understand why alot of hunters got a bat -.-'

Speedy as hell, big as hell, good for interrupting... as hell! And good for scouting, though I tend to get carried away and let my bat fight 3 warriors at the same time... lucky for my bat I quit? :p

Vighor
16-12-2005, 11:23 AM
1) They catch me unawares, hit intimidation + bestial wrath, ..

hmmmmmm,

just curious .. do you only meet noobs in bg ?
I never hit intimidation and bw at the same time .. specially not when i could get somebody by surprise

Khalam
16-12-2005, 11:46 AM
I find it funny when warlocks whine about hunters.

I find it funny when warlocks whine about anything. Or when they get buffed.

Taurusos
16-12-2005, 11:52 AM
I will find it more so fun when the whines start all over after 1.9 from the locks.

Enrage wont hit us as hard as the counterpart needed nerf on the warlocks.

/Tau

Ashborn
16-12-2005, 12:18 PM
just curious .. do you only meet noobs in bg ?
I never hit intimidation and bw at the same time .. specially not when i could get somebody by surprise
Incidentally, I've been wondering about that. Why waste intimidation right at the start every single time? Basically all the horde bm hunters do it.

Jurgan
16-12-2005, 05:37 PM
I tend to do that only on mages/priests and locks... When I was BM that is. Mainly cos it stops mages from blinking/iceblock for 3 seconds and similarly with priest's shields. *shrug*

Ofc all useless for me now that I'm a different build. But BM was fun.