View Full Version : Talent advice

pegastud
12-09-2005, 09:46 AM
I just started a new warlock alt. They seem very fun to play. But could use some advice on a talent build to speed up lvling and keep my dmgoutput high.

thanks in advance.

Tarun
12-09-2005, 10:01 AM
Ive read some things about warlocks myself and i came up with this build to be quite nice:
EDIT: you have to look for toader his post
http://forums.worldofwar.net/showthread.php?t=349036&page=8&pp=10

This is the build he suggests:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warlocks/talents.html?0500250512201115100000000000000000000 0000000000000

kilnesh
02-11-2005, 10:36 AM
if u want good pve, u take master demon with ruin
if u want good pvp, u take affliction till night fall and the rest ruin (my build : 19/0/32)

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warlocks/talents.html?0500250302200000000000000000000000055 0205102005151

Ashborn
02-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Wrong. Pve, you go affliction up to shadow mastery, and destro up to ruin. Pvp, you go either that, or 7/5/39 (or some variant thereof), or soul link. MD/ruin is just silly, it does nothing well and some things decently, and nightfall/conflag is basically just a copout version of sm/ruin, 'cept without the affli goodies. You don't get enough of what makes destro good for pvp with that talent setup, thus making the entire excercise pointless.

(Also, improved drain life and fel concentration with what's basically a maximum burst damage build? What the hell are you THINKING? Get full suppression at least, and improved coa. And 2/2 improved firebolt? God's sake, if you ever use the imp in a bg you're doing something wrong, put those points in imp. searing or something)

Rey
02-11-2005, 11:02 AM
7/5/39
7/5/39
7/5/39
7/5/39
7/5/39

Ashborn
02-11-2005, 11:06 AM
7/5/39

Now this man knows what they're talking about.

Ashborn
02-11-2005, 11:33 AM
Demo: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warlocks/talents.html?0500200000000000020500331525010510505 0000100000000 (soul link/shadowburn)
or
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warlocks/talents.html?3500200512200000020500311525010510000 0000000000000 (soul link/nightfall)

Destro: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warlocks/talents.html?0500200000000000000500000000000000055 0005122525151 (full destro)
or possibly
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warlocks/talents.html?4500203011200000000000000000000000505 0005101405151 (conflag/nightfall)

Affli: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warlocks/talents.html?5500203012201135000000000000000000505 0005122000100 (my take on sm/ruin)
(Points in imp coa and suppression can be reallocated to fel concentration, I'm just not a big fan of drain life.)
or perhaps even
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warlocks/talents.html?3500203512201145100500000000000000505 0000100000000 (full affli)

kilnesh
03-11-2005, 12:37 AM
Wrong. Pve, you go affliction up to shadow mastery, and destro up to ruin. Pvp, you go either that, or 7/5/39 (or some variant thereof), or soul link. MD/ruin is just silly, it does nothing well and some things decently, and nightfall/conflag is basically just a copout version of sm/ruin, 'cept without the affli goodies. You don't get enough of what makes destro good for pvp with that talent setup, thus making the entire excercise pointless.

(Also, improved drain life and fel concentration with what's basically a maximum burst damage build? What the hell are you THINKING? Get full suppression at least, and improved coa. And 2/2 improved firebolt? God's sake, if you ever use the imp in a bg you're doing something wrong, put those points in imp. searing or something)

well i most of the time run around with imp, for the sta buff, im not that good of a sedder if someone starts wacking at me (but improving that)
that improved life is for my grinding wich i still need to do :(

but since im almost done, im prolly gonna respec so i get that searing pain

Flawless
03-11-2005, 12:53 AM
Don't be sad because Ashen shouted at you, hes a nice person really :-)

Ashborn
03-11-2005, 01:01 AM
Don't be sad because Ashen shouted at you, hes a nice person really :-)

Lies.

Flawless
03-11-2005, 01:08 AM
Well, hes nice when he gets to kill a mage all by himself while defending mill in AB.

Rey
03-11-2005, 08:44 AM
Lies.

Tyrannis
04-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Ok guys what about this build, i made it up while bored at work

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/warlock/talents.html?5500000010000000000500000000000000505 0005102505151

*expects to get ripped to shreads

kilnesh
04-11-2005, 02:15 PM
suprresion ? why? u never use that in pvp :)

i have been testing out what ashen and rey said (7/5/39) and i like it :)
allthough im not sure bout intensity and pyroclasm in that build :x

Ashborn
05-11-2005, 02:03 AM
suprresion ? why? u never use that in pvp :)

i have been testing out what ashen and rey said (7/5/39) and i like it :)
allthough im not sure bout intensity and pyroclasm in that build :x

Suppression helps fear hold. Nuff said. 7/5/39 has pyroclasm, 'cos pyroclasm is now a 26% chance to stun on soul fire, which rocks. But sure, you could put those points in improved healthstone or something.

Ashborn
05-11-2005, 02:21 AM
Ok guys what about this build, i made it up while bored at work

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/warlock/talents.html?5500000010000000000500000000000000505 0005102505151

*expects to get ripped to shreads

Nice 'un. Put two points from suppression into improved life tap tho.

Hephaestos
05-11-2005, 12:08 PM
MD/ruin is just silly, it does nothing well and some things decently, and nightfall/conflag is basically just a copout version of sm/ruin, 'cept without the affli goodies. You don't get enough of what makes destro good for pvp with that talent setup, thus making the entire excercise pointless.

Md/Ruin is for those that dont have BoS and have no other way of doing more dmg with the same threat. Next to that you have improved imp. Improved VW for duels, 10% all dmg in pvp with sucky out (compared the the 10% shadow dmg from SM)

I would LOVE to spec back to SM/Ruin if horde got a form of BoS, but, we dont so MD is the only aggro reducer available.

Ashborn
05-11-2005, 12:29 PM
True enough, but you might as well spec soul link then for at least some pvp viability.

Chimera
17-11-2005, 03:20 PM
SM/Ruin has always done me very nicely for the imba crits.

And if youre talking about mass PvP, Siphon life + Corruption EVERYTHING that moves with red writing above it = NF bonanza + lots of life to life tap or...well...live with.

Kabhanda
17-11-2005, 03:29 PM

And if youre talking about mass PvP, Siphon life + Corruption EVERYTHING that moves with red writing above it = NF bonanza + lots of life to life tap or...well...live with.

I can dispell these faster than you can cast them, good luck on having it work against a team with a priest who is awake :P

Chimera
17-11-2005, 11:58 PM

I can dispell these faster than you can cast them, good luck on having it work against a team with a priest who is awake :P

At which point id gank you...oh and most my DoTs stick in BGs for their entire duration.

The horde from AV the other night should know:D

Nightfall crazy.

Kabhanda
18-11-2005, 12:26 PM

At which point id gank you...oh and most my DoTs stick in BGs for their entire duration.

Nightfall crazy.

All that proves is the horde priests who were there (if any) sucked :P

Chimera
04-12-2005, 02:59 PM

Nightfall crazy.

All that proves is the horde priests who were there (if any) sucked :P

Theres rarely any dispelling going on in the majority of BGs i experience nowadays unless of course im DoTing the priest/mage himself which effectively allows me to sentance half the enemy to 3k hp loss within 2-3 seconds + 50 health to me every 3 seconds per person i DoT + 2% chance for each corruption tick to proc nightfall which is usually ends up in alot of HKs for the chim.

7/5/39 has always been a temptation but iirc shadowbolting has a higher DPS + more mana conservative in raid situations and i dont particularly feel like changing that atm tbh no matter how much destro rocks in PvP environments.

Chimera
12-12-2005, 12:23 AM
After much experimenting with the NF/Conflag build i can whole heartedly approve it. How i ever PvPd without Conflag and the destro goodies god only knows.

It is however not mana efficient and WILL get you killed in instances /fast/. So stick to shadowbolts k?

dantheman
12-12-2005, 12:56 AM
After much experimenting with the NF/Conflag build i can whole heartedly approve it. How i ever PvPd without Conflag and the destro goodies god only knows.

It is however not mana efficient and WILL get you killed in instances /fast/. So stick to shadowbolts k?

PvP build works fine in Raids imo.
I never really have problems anyway but i've never tried a MD build so maybe i'm missing out :(

Azelton
12-12-2005, 02:20 AM
Imo the diffrence between SM/ruin and MD/ruin in raids ain't that big.
That is if you have lowish dam gear, meaning under +250dam.
After lil experimenting I found out that as SM/ruin i could quite much spam sb for my whole mana pool on trash mobs without getting aggro that much. As MD I can do the same with lil lower damage but absolutely no way of getting aggro if i have imp out. Tho for griding/pvp MD/ruin is teh suck.

Chimera
12-12-2005, 10:31 AM

PvP build works fine in Raids imo.
I never really have problems anyway but i've never tried a MD build so maybe i'm missing out :(

Didnt say the build didnt work in raids, was just /strongly/ advising against using fire in the raids to its full potential. I can easily outaggro the tanks in seconds just spamming searing pain...

Myriima
12-12-2005, 12:17 PM
I have tried lots of builds in my playing time and MD/Ruin simply rocks for raiding. MD Imp buff for once and demonic sacrifice on the on the other hand. sacrificing Voidwalker for HP regen means basically unlimited mana and higher survivability, without relying on healers. its the best Raid build imo for a Warlock. I am looking forward to christmas, wanting to test out some other builds :D

Ashborn
12-12-2005, 07:40 PM
I can easily outaggro the tanks in seconds just spamming searing pain...
And that's surprising how? Searing pain generates a *lot* of extra threat. Anyone spamming it when aggro is an issue is basically an idiot.

Kabhanda
12-12-2005, 08:48 PM
Ashen spams searing pain on fire vulnerable wyrmgaurds :(

Ashborn
12-12-2005, 08:52 PM
I do not :P

Solkaner
12-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Tho for griding/pvp MD/ruin is teh suck.

Wrong.

Fast regen or 5% more shadow dmg than a SM/Ruin lock.

Ashborn
12-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Fast regen or 5% more shadow dmg than a SM/Ruin lock.
With no demon.

With a succu, however, a dm/ruin lock should grind just fine.

Chimera
12-12-2005, 11:03 PM

Soulfires more fun tbh, 6k crits FTW i say.

And that's surprising how? Searing pain generates a *lot* of extra threat. Anyone spamming it when aggro is an issue is basically an idiot.

Yup. Was a reply to Dantheman.

Kabhanda
12-12-2005, 11:06 PM
I can hit 6k crits on mind blast on shadow vulnerable wyrmkin, if you hit 6k soulfire crits on fire vuln ones then your gear is shit.

Chimera
12-12-2005, 11:56 PM
I can hit 6k crits on mind blast on shadow vulnerable wyrmkin, if you hit 6k soulfire crits on fire vuln ones then your gear is shit.

One crit judges not ones gear. Its not like one would want to do it often either due to the rapid death it brings either, nub.

dantheman
13-12-2005, 12:35 AM

Soulfires more fun tbh, 6k crits FTW i say.

Yup. Was a reply to Dantheman.

I dont use searing pain that much in instances because of the threat duh. However, I like pvp build so much, and I pvp alot, i'm not going to re-spec unless my guild actually asks me to. I'm just saying that I don't run into many problems with that spec in Raids.

Taurusos
13-12-2005, 07:25 AM
Dantheman chose his name for a reason.
Dan is the man.
His damage is just fine.
You noobs let him be.

Let me scream at him related to threat issues, nothing to see, move along.

/hug Dan

/Tau

Soallus
13-12-2005, 10:11 AM
With no demon.

With a succu, however, a dm/ruin lock should grind just fine.

Yup, and pvp is also better with DM/ruin then SM/ruin imo. I'd rather have 15% more stamina, stronger pets and having the choice between 10% more damage(which applies after the +spell damage from items, SM doesnt do that) or 60 to all resistances than those affliction talents that mostly make ur drains/dots better. Because drains/dots arent as good as direct damage spells in pvp me thinks..

Ashborn
13-12-2005, 11:29 AM
which applies after the +spell damage from items, SM doesnt do that
Yes it does.

The main differences between md/ruin and sm/ruin in pvp (the ones that matter, that is) are 15% sta for md/ruin, and siphon life + instant corruption + amplify curse + curse of exhaustion + nightfall + improved life tap + suppression for sm/ruin. I'd take sm over md any day of the week.

Edit: fixed silly typos

dantheman
13-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Dantheman chose his name for a reason.
Dan is the man.
His damage is just fine.
You noobs let him be.

Let me scream at him related to threat issues, nothing to see, move along.

/hug Dan

/Tau

QFT :)

Soallus
13-12-2005, 01:10 PM
The main differences between md/ruin and sm/ruin in pvp (the ones that matter, that is) are 15% sta for md/ruin, and siphon life + instant corruption + amplify curse + curse of exhaustion + nightfall + improved life tap + suppression for sm/ruin. I'd take sm over md any day of the week.

In each BG there are 5+ priests/paladins, so siphon life and corruption get dispelled 90% of the time (well you're alliance so u dont know how much pali's dispell), so that means suppression also has less use and night fall barely procs. Imp. Life tap and amplify curse are nice yes, but not great, and curse of exhaustion isnt great either.
And why go for dots, you have even more +damage gear then i do so you can 2-shot a lot of ppl with only shadowbolts...

Ashborn
13-12-2005, 01:21 PM
In each BG there are 5+ priests/paladins, so siphon life and corruption get dispelled 90% of the time (well you're alliance so u dont know how much pali's dispell), so that means suppression also has less use and night fall barely procs. Imp. Life tap and amplify curse are nice yes, but not great, and curse of exhaustion isnt great either.
And why go for dots, you have even more +damage gear then i do so you can 2-shot a lot of ppl with only shadowbolts...
Well you're not always fighting pallies, now are you? And yes, I can twoshot people with shadowbolts and whatever, but that requires control. There's a lot of situations where trying to get a shadowbolt off will just get you killed. Sm/ruin gives you a lot more variety and possible tactics in any given encounter than md/ruin, thus is in my opinion superior. Then again, fire spec pwns both in pvp.

Soallus
13-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Well you're not always fighting pallies, now are you? And yes, I can twoshot people with shadowbolts and whatever, but that requires control. There's a lot of situations where trying to get a shadowbolt off will just get you killed. Sm/ruin gives you a lot more variety and possible tactics in any given encounter than md/ruin, thus is in my opinion superior. Then again, fire spec pwns both in pvp.

True, i'm not always fighting pallies, but they show up a lot of the time, but dont forget about the increased dps on the pets, having a succu that does 80+ dps (lash of pain not included) and having longer seduces and 30% more dmg on lash of pain is nice too. Sure there are some situations where shadowbolting will get me killed but i doubt most of those situations cant be saved by just dotting the enemy...
But it all depends on what play style you prefer... and yes fire specs pwns both specs in pvp, only downside is that it both specs pwn fire spec in bwl/mc, that's the only reason i chose MD/ruin over fire...
i really need to respec to fire and see how that is, i will do that... some day...

Immola
13-12-2005, 03:54 PM
I would LOVE to spec back to SM/Ruin if horde got a form of BoS, but, we dont so MD is the only aggro reducer available.

1.9 Patch Notes:
Shaman:
New Spell - Tranquil Air Totem. Creates a totem that reduces the threat caused by nearby party members by 20%

Guess you'll be re-speccing.

Why not roll a shaman while you're at it:
Patch notes continued:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/11/28

Chimera
14-12-2005, 12:48 AM
which applies after the +spell damage from items, SM doesnt do that
Yes it does.

Ill have to agree with him there, affliction has too many goodies to pass up for the demonology tree which lets face it can still be countered for 30seconds with a simple 1.5second spell.

Pfft even in spawn i see /very/ few of my DoTs getting dispelled (back in the days where i was unenlightened to the pwn that is fire) so your statement is very much false Soallus. Your second statement questioning the use for DoTs is also rubbish, when was the last time you managed to get a 2.5second (with talents) cast of whilst being viciously ganked? Its far more effective to DoT everything you can (especially rogues so the cunts cant restealth) for 1.5-2k damage?

Oh and DoTs may not save you, but they can usually finish off what you couldnt finish whilst upright.

And finally Fire spec in ZG/Non fire res instances i find to have a slightly higher DPS than shadowbolt did. Mainly because mobs die way to fast to bother DoTing and in most endgame instances anything other than a phase shifted imp lasts a fight, maybe 2 if youre lucky. It does however have its downsides in MC/BWL but not every mob in BWL is fire resistant.

Ashborn
14-12-2005, 01:06 AM
Its far more effective to DoT everything you can
^ Utterly stupid thing to do.

Kabhanda
14-12-2005, 01:07 AM
He may be stupid, but he is cute too!

Chimera
14-12-2005, 01:13 AM

Im sorry, i forgot, getting a 2.5second cast, which whilst being ganked is likely to be interupted/silenced/feared out of, which will do 500-1200damage (slight chance to crit) is far more effective.

Hell even Searing pain with its 300-900 damage range would be far less effective.

Yes, i know youre going to whine about CCs being broken and the such but one would not use such a measure should that be the case and besides id much rather that pesky rogue be sentanced to lack of stealth for the next 24seconds so they can get a nice ganking.

P.S Back up you claims with a reason.

Tsarina
14-12-2005, 06:42 AM
I can't remember ever being killed by DoTs in a BG. That is unless I already was so low on HP that the lock could have finished me with his staff. Which would have been more mana efficient.

Jurgan
14-12-2005, 07:00 AM
I been killed by dots.

Battling a lock and a rogue and walked away with about 10 or so dots on me and I was well away from the nearest horde healbot.

I was seriously fucking pissed when I keeled over with those damned dots finishing me off.

Azelton
14-12-2005, 07:15 AM
Hmm small side note on Sm/ruin vs MD/ruin on PvP, tis quite fun trying to dot the druid/rogue sneaking around when the only insta cast one you have is CoA. Works so well ;_;

Chimera
14-12-2005, 08:37 AM
Exactly, if theres 3+ people attacking you on your lonesome, its far more effective to DoT the bastards rather than try to get a cast off. So stupid move i find not. The aim being more to annoying or weaken them for the next bunch of friends to come along (or at least mage them waste food/bandage/heal).

Myriima
14-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Dont underestimate DoTs. Shadow Mastery / Demonic Sacrifice build has become very popular in PVP and PVE since the latest changes. Actually thats the one I plan to test next. With that said, for PVP its Destro > Sm/Ruin, SL > MD / Ruin from my experiences, the question is, what do you enjoy most yourself?

Chimera
14-12-2005, 01:57 PM
Dont underestimate DoTs. Shadow Mastery / Demonic Sacrifice build has become very popular in PVP and PVE since the latest changes. Actually thats the one I plan to test next. With that said, for PVP its Destro > Sm/Ruin, SL > MD / Ruin from my experiences, the question is, what do you enjoy most yourself?

Ive been SM/Ruin pretty much from 10-60 with brief dabbling with Dark pact and ive not enjoyed either half as much as i enjoy being NF/Conflag (although thinking of respeccing out of NF). The destro tree obviously rocks in PvP beyond belief IMO when compared to Sm/Ruin which is also a great plus.

Oh and i still want to see Ashen back up his claim tbh.

Khrignibicus
14-12-2005, 03:33 PM

There is nothing more irritating than stupid affliction locks dotting everything, making it impossible to sheep/seduce. And also when you cast dots like that you're asking for every priest (and paladin) to notice.

dantheman
14-12-2005, 05:02 PM

There is nothing more irritating than stupid affliction locks dotting everything, making it impossible to sheep/seduce. And also when you cast dots like that you're asking for every priest (and paladin) to notice.

True, pisses me off when some random lock is dotting everything, when you are outnumbered, it does more harm than good. But what would I know, i'm a tank.

Rey
14-12-2005, 06:25 PM
I was sm/ruin for a short period when AV started, was great fun spamming siphon and corruption on everyone. Almost unlimited health/mana and spammable instant shadowbolts :p

Chimera
14-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Aye rey, that rocked.

And you misinterpret when one would use such a tactic. This would only be used when one was getting ganked with no one else around....unless its a rogue.

Otherwise, yes it is a stupid thing as its far more effective to pumel some horde into the ground than take them all down to 60% health.

Myriima
14-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Ashen backs his claims up every day in the BG´s ask the horde :D

Taurusos
15-12-2005, 07:25 AM
Aye rey, that rocked.

And you misinterpret when one would use such a tactic. This would only be used when one was getting ganked with no one else around....unless its a rogue.

Otherwise, yes it is a stupid thing as its far more effective to pumel some horde into the ground than take them all down to 60% health.

The warlock who doesnt seem to understand the whole warlock idea:

Back up your claim why its better for you to DoT all rather than take down one.

GG at fekking up sedu, sheep, sleep etc etc.

Or maybe is it so that you solo in BG and you are not dependent on your team and the other way around?

/Tau

Chimera
15-12-2005, 08:26 AM
There seems to be a lack of understanding when i was on about this method being far more effective. What i originally said is that when being pumelled by some friendly players of the opposing faction whilst on your lonesome its more effective to DoT them (especially rogues) I by no means claimed this to be valid whilst in active mass PvP with plenty of both sides to go around.

Solkaner
15-12-2005, 10:23 AM
True, pisses me off when some random lock is dotting everything, when you are outnumbered, it does more harm than good. But what would I know, i'm a tank.

You cannot begin to imagine how much i hate locks dotting my seduced targets. Especially when I'm low on hp and i have to control the fight to survive.

Chimera
15-12-2005, 12:50 PM

You cannot begin to imagine how much i hate locks dotting my seduced targets. Especially when I'm low on hp and i have to control the fight to survive.

Same, except replace locks doting with anyone doing damage to the fucking person. The hearts are there for a reason you know.

*stabs*

Whats even worse is when the person hits the git once, and fucks off.

Soallus
15-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Yea, it's strange how some warlock can't understand what seduce does...
like when i seduce a priest and a rogues comes for me and another warlock "backs me up" by dotting and hitting on the priest and i die because they both focus on me :?
Only thing that made me happy was that he died aswell after that....

makes me wish i could sometimes shoot on my teammates :evil:

dantheman
16-12-2005, 12:40 AM
makes me wish i could sometimes shoot on my teammates

that made me laugh......

Hephaestos
16-12-2005, 12:57 PM
just have a mindcontrol helm backfire and hope the person u targeted uses you to kill the one u wanted dead ;-)

Tyrannis
20-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Ok this for all you MC going ppl.

So...thats all of you then.

I am atm a SM/ruin build, good damage with good crits and the downside being aggro, which i get very easily.

Now as we move onto MC is it worth me respeccing to MD/ruin for imp threat reduction or possibly Felhunter fire resistence?

Or is a SL build much more beneficial.

Tyr

Ashborn
20-01-2006, 11:38 AM
MD/ruin if all you plan on doing is raid instances. Soul link/shadowburn if you're gonna do any pvp at all.

Tyrannis
26-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Ok i was thinking of this build

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warlocks/talents.html?0000000000000000023500031325010500505 0025102000100

Comments please b4 i spend 20G

dantheman
26-01-2006, 05:51 PM
I would miss imp corruption too much and if you are going that far into demon tree then surely it would make sense to get soul link. Maybe i'm wrong, i've very rarely used the Demon tree.

Tyrannis
27-01-2006, 01:11 AM
After speaking to Solk, last night and the whole SM/ruin, MDruin pro's and con's i really am back to sqaure one :(

Myriima
27-01-2006, 03:47 AM
Go and find out what suits your playstyle more. MD / Ruin is great for raiding, SM / Ruin on the other hand is a very well balanced build. All have pros and cons, spend some money on respeccs and find out what you enjoy most.

Solkaner
27-01-2006, 02:29 PM
It's not worth losing Soul Link, Imp Corr and Life Tap for Ruin imo.

But if your choice is MD/Ruin, then don't go for Improved Lash of Pain, that's a PvP-talent (still suck though) and as Ashen said a few posts back, don't go MD/Ruin if you're planning to PvP at all.

Tyrannis
27-01-2006, 02:55 PM
ok thanks for your advice just one more thing.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warlocks/talents.html?0500200000000000003500231325010510505 0000100000000

Have 2 points left over, where would you use them?

Ashborn
27-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Suppression or devastation. Would pick suppression myself.

Solkaner
27-01-2006, 09:29 PM
I'd go fullout on Fel Stamina, it's pretty nice with Soul Link.

Ashborn
27-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Mm, or that. Getting a resist on death coil is a bitch tho.

Solkaner
27-01-2006, 09:38 PM
What about removing 2/3 points in improved succubus and throw them in suppression then?

As a Soul Link warlock your primary pet should be felhunter anyway, imo.

Ashborn
27-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Agreed.

Siona
03-02-2006, 09:21 AM
I think i'm going for this build:

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/warlock/talents.html?2500200000000000000500000000000000055 0005122525101

I'm not sure whether to use the remaining 3 points on Suppression, Aftermath or Emberstorm... any advice?

Ashborn
03-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Full emberstorm is a must for any fire build.

Siona
03-02-2006, 09:33 AM
Will remove the two points Suppression when i re-spec next time then...