View Full Version : Chonar goes Fury~!

Chonar
11-09-2005, 11:36 PM
And today, magmadar finally dropped the last piece of my Eskhandar set.
Now a fury warrior, I doublewield claws, and I gotta tell ya, it's a totally different experience.

I dont know where I now stand in the whole rock/paper/scissors story. I can beat anything and be beaten by anything. I still am not optimately geared for it (need more strength, and more +hit), but I'll be trying it out for a fair while.

Until Spinal drops, of course. :P

RELEASE THE BEAST! ESKHANDAR LIVES AGAIN!

*aroooooo*

Platonas
11-09-2005, 11:50 PM
It doesn't hurt that much. But then again, I can't do anything while being repeatedly poked with what seems like a pencil strapped to a jackhammer. I shall defeat you though, fear not :)

Ansharok
12-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Great, just great. Make the strong stronger and keep the regular guys out of instances...

Chonar I will look for you on the field of battle, and you shall taste my... blood and bile?

Tsarina
12-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Cool set. And a really fancy set bonus by the looks of it. Don't know how often it procs. But the damage looks a bit.. bleh.
Let me feel your fists when we meet again. I'm curious.

Robinvi
12-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Hmmm, well maybe you can beat me in duels now? Though i don't think a fure warr has ever beaten me :/
We'll see... Looking forward to it.

BTW: Is the server down atm?

Shead
12-09-2005, 01:02 PM
Im gonna go dual wield for a while too =P but ill use the wsg rewards dont got any leet epic claws like chonny but w/e =P im tired of ms and reaper.

Locowar
12-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Lol grats:) I used to be fury too.

Tarun
12-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Any way you can show us some sweet pics of the weapons? =)

JeFF
12-09-2005, 03:02 PM
So you look like.. what? a koala in the full set now?

AnteroVipune
12-09-2005, 03:53 PM
hahahahhaa.
Dorf Koala......it's funny because it's true :/

Sinar
12-09-2005, 04:19 PM
So you look like.. what? a koala in the full set now?

roffle

Flawless
12-09-2005, 05:44 PM
its all about rage building in fury spec, flurry, and all the rest of the rage building stuff, a good fury warrior is as good as a rogue for damage tbh ^_^ watch out for the d0rf run and intercept more now and spam sunder armor =D btw Bloodrage sucks if you dont have the AP ^_^

Chonar
12-09-2005, 10:59 PM
First test tonight in WSG.

I like it, I like it....

Flawless
13-09-2005, 03:02 PM

I like it, I like it....

you can just spam heroic strike alot ^_^

Chonar
13-09-2005, 04:27 PM

I like it, I like it....

you can just spam heroic strike alot ^_^

I can intercept indefinatly.
I can kite indefinatly.
I regain HP. On my own.

o.O

Shead
13-09-2005, 04:32 PM
you got life stealing on em? i plan to get to get +15 agi on my "rare" weapons =P... want epic claws!

Thirteen
17-09-2005, 12:54 AM
in AB today: still not perfect chonar, but getting there... ill be nursing claw wounds for a while

Harr
17-09-2005, 05:20 AM
Seems like I can't beat the Angry Dorf 1on1 anymore :/

Chonar
17-09-2005, 08:24 AM
Final results:

Claws VS Cloth: Chonar wins most of the time.
Compared to MS Spec: They go down slower, but I have more HP left at the end of it. Except, of course, the damn shadow priests, who will still melt my face.

Claws VS Leather: Chonar win/loses 50%.
Compared to MS Spec: Incomparable. With doublewielding, I'm a supercharged rogue without burst damage, stuns or stealth. I will still take down most rogues, but doing a 1:1 with druids has become tougher.

Claws vs Mail: Chonar wins most of the time.
Compared to MS Spec: Hunters still go down, and I can slow em down moreoften. So most 1:1's become a slow-walking chase of impending doom. Shamans are easier with claws, compared to MS Spec. I may not have the Mortal Strike debuff, but with my attack speed it's hard for them to get a single heal in, and I kill totems instantenously.

Claws VS Plate: Chonar loses most of the time.
Compared to MS Spec: Claws are simply not powerful enough to penetrate the immensely thick armor of that which is plate. Combined with a shield, it's hard to have a nice damage output.

Final thoughts: I need more Strength and +Chance to Hit items.

Kabhanda
17-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Final results:

Claws VS Cloth: Chonar wins most of the time.
Compared to MS Spec: They go down slower, but I have more HP left at the end of it. Except, of course, the damn shadow priests, who will still melt my face.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

(but then again, I do have the same damage mitigation as some plate wearers, maybe I shouldn't really count as cloth :lol: )

Tsarina
17-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Compared to MS Spec: Hunters still go down, and I can slow em down moreoften. So most 1:1's become a slow-walking chase of impending doom.
I thought the limited time you were allowed to be hitting a hunter would favour big axes. We usually prefer to run away as often as possible. But of course, if your experience tells you that hunters still go down...

Chonar
17-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Compared to MS Spec: Hunters still go down, and I can slow em down moreoften. So most 1:1's become a slow-walking chase of impending doom.
I thought the limited time you were allowed to be hitting a hunter would favour big axes. We usually prefer to run away as often as possible. But of course, if your experience tells you that hunters still go down...

With claws, I am constantly on a hunter. The proc of the Left claw + Hamstring allows me to constantly stay on them.
Duels withr epeating freeze traps dont count. ;p Talking about real PVP.

Tsarina
17-09-2005, 04:55 PM
pfftt... Excuses. I only used one. (maybe 3) Lets try without traps on our next encounter.

Kathra
17-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Final results:

will still take down most rogues, but doing a 1:1 with druids has become tougher.

All i need to know

Chonar
17-09-2005, 08:24 PM
pfftt... Excuses. I only used one. (maybe 3) Lets try without traps on our next encounter.

No, what I mean to say, is that I dont take duels in account when judging the worth of Fury.

TheFallen
17-09-2005, 09:14 PM
duels are duels, totally different then a real pvp situation, unlike what many may say.

you never act tyhe same in a duel as in real pvp(unless you see it coming from a mile away but that's rarely the case here

Jarelan
17-09-2005, 09:59 PM
duels are duels, totally different then a real pvp situation, unlike what many may say.

you never act tyhe same in a duel as in real pvp(unless you see it coming from a mile away but that's rarely the case here

QFT

Shead
02-10-2005, 10:35 AM
your supose to switch back to the arcanite reaper for the instant skills.
then back to claws again to gain rage and the enemy your facing will be dodging alot more when your using very fast weapons (+flurry) then its arcanite reaper overpower time and a little whirlwind xD! if your just going to keep to the claw you wil be dead mate, specially if your facing some MS warrior.

Chonar
02-10-2005, 05:08 PM
your supose to switch back to the arcanite reaper for the instant skills.
then back to claws again to gain rage and the enemy your facing will be dodging alot more when your using very fast weapons (+flurry) then its arcanite reaper overpower time and a little whirlwind xD! if your just going to keep to the claw you wil be dead mate, specially if your facing some MS warrior.

1. Not quite true
2. Thats a lame tactic in my eyes
3. It's been nerfed with the cooldown-when-switching-weapons after 1.6.

Yswr
03-10-2005, 10:49 AM
I been fury specced about 3 4 weeks now and your pretty much nailed it with your explenations on what it's like to take down different classes. Best advice i can give when fighting an arms warrior is disarm asap and stay behind them or they gonna smash you to pieces

Taurusos
04-10-2005, 06:31 AM
I been fury specced about 3 4 weeks now and your pretty much nailed it with your explenations on what it's like to take down different classes. Best advice i can give when fighting an arms warrior is disarm asap and stay behind them or they gonna smash you to pieces

Deathgrips. Always. And. Forever. Now. Stay. In. Front. Of. Me. While. I. Slash. Through. Your. Privates.

Tnx.

/Taurusos

Alakhai
04-10-2005, 08:23 AM
I´m thinking about respeccing to fury but it´s hard to find good weapons, i have 3/4 (missing the cloak, but i have puissant instead) of the eskhandar set but i think the damage output might be to small. i dunno

Chonar
04-10-2005, 09:03 AM
Deathgrips suck.

JeFF
04-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Deathgrips suck.

They are good to have your minor mount speed enchant on 'em!

Yswr
04-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Was just wondering fury warriors whats your miss percentage beacuse thats the only problem i have at the moment. I'm not sure off the top of my head but i'll edit when i have an idea.

Taurusos
05-10-2005, 06:12 AM
Deathgrips suck.

That comment sucks even more until you the THE plans.

And my comment on using deathgrips was related to someone mentioning disarm.

/Taurusos

Chonar
05-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Deathgrips suck.

/Taurusos

Sorry Taur. It just hurts to sacrifice the insane stats of the Flameguard Gauntlets.. just for not getting disarmed. :P

And yes. Still not either one of the two THE plans, server-wide. Perhaps Shadowsong is bugged?

Taurusos
05-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Deathgrips suck.

/Taurusos

Sorry Taur. It just hurts to sacrifice the insane stats of the Flameguard Gauntlets.. just for not getting disarmed. :P

And yes. Still not either one of the two THE plans, server-wide. Perhaps Shadowsong is bugged?

Hehe, i know, +50 ap is nice indeed. But some warriors / rogues just love to disarm ya, thats the beef.

And yes, how bout u guys try one ugly thing hehe, msg a GM and say you "accidently" sold the plans lol

(yeaaaah right)

bah...

/Taurusos

Yswr
05-10-2005, 01:04 PM
I have a 19%-21% miss rate atm is that the same for 2 handed or is it just dual wield that miss this much.

Kabhanda
05-10-2005, 01:43 PM
dual wield has a far larger miss rate to balance the damage with 2 handers, if you hit just as much you would do far more damage.

Temmink
05-10-2005, 02:13 PM

Deathgrips. Always. And. Forever. Now. Stay. In. Front. Of. Me. While. I. Slash. Through. Your. Privates.

Tnx.

/Taurusos

I prefer a weaponchain

Taurusos
05-10-2005, 02:16 PM

Tnx.

/Taurusos

I prefer a weaponchain

Over a say reaper? or over a OEB?

Have you gone mad man? You scare me good sir!

+15 agi, crusader, +15 str baaah

:P

/Taurusos

Temmink
05-10-2005, 02:23 PM
I prefer a weaponchain

Over a say reaper? or over a OEB?

Have you gone mad man? You scare me good sir!

+15 agi, crusader, +15 str baaah

:P

/Taurusos

It allows me to use Gordok's Handguards which are fuckload better than Deathgrips.

edit: (they're prettier too)

Segoras
05-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Theres a base miss rate of 24% on dual weilding, atm its capped at +5% hit so best you can get is 19%. Hit cap goes for talents too, so the Precission talent of rogues is sort of useless as you get +5%hit and hence make every item with +hit on them useless. Ofc 1.8 removes this cap making +hit items so much better

Yswr
05-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Thnx for that segoras

Artia
24-10-2005, 08:16 PM
its all about rage building in fury spec, flurry, and all the rest of the rage building stuff, a good fury warrior is as good as a rogue for damage tbh ^_^ watch out for the d0rf run and intercept more now and spam sunder armor =D btw Bloodrage sucks if you dont have the AP ^_^

Bull, you've never been able to outdamage me.

dakab
20-04-2006, 07:53 PM
k, going fury, k

Chonar
20-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Chonar went Prot. :(

dantheman
20-04-2006, 11:36 PM

Thats just wrong :(

Azelton
20-04-2006, 11:40 PM

Thats just utterly wrong :(

Cassina
21-04-2006, 02:14 AM

/lol!

Sorry man, I really am. :(
Why? How come?

Thrane
21-04-2006, 02:31 AM
The world is coming to an end I'm telling ye!! It's a sign! A SIGN!!!

Oogie
21-04-2006, 07:47 AM

You are telling me!

In the last few weeks, I have seen so many Signs of the Beast!

I did a crit on Toolman for 666, my bill for my lunch and ciggys at Sainsburys was £6.66, I awoke to see a piece of paper which had 999 on it - it was upside down, was round Tweeds last night and saw him hit an UD for 666 damage! Is it me or am I going to hell?

Thirteen
21-04-2006, 08:04 AM

You are telling me!

I did a crit on Toolman for 666, my bill for my lunch and ciggys at Sainsburys was £6.66, I awoke to see a piece of paper which had 999 on it - it was upside down, was round Tweeds last night and saw him hit an UD for 666 damage! Is it me or am I going to hell?

yes, ill meet you there.

i hear they have great coffee, its just a little hot :(

Chonar
21-04-2006, 09:11 AM
Signs? you want signs of the beast?

Chimera joined COI, by the way.
This means Chimera and Ashen are in one guild. Raiding. Together.

And yes, I specced protection.

If I were you, I'd come to good terms with whatever god you worship, fast. };P

The real reason is that I'm the warrior class leader of COI, and I felt bad that I've never gone 'all the way' into the protection tree, but still have that title. So here I am.

Oogie
21-04-2006, 09:56 AM

You are telling me!

yes, ill meet you there.

i hear they have great coffee, its just a little hot :(

I am not a coffee fan, though I hear they do a mean ruby murry!

plzkthx

Chonar
21-04-2006, 10:23 AM

plzkthx

WTS ace of beasts 5000G PST!!1

Oogie
21-04-2006, 10:28 AM

plzkthx

WTS ace of beasts 5000G PST!!1

I don't have that kind of cash, I am still saving for my epic mount. Rank 11 would take me too long to reach.

Gwynin
21-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Now Chonar will get Thunderfury ;)