View Full Version : Ok, Now im angry. Lets make a moonfire spammer Blacklist

Kathra
05-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Talsin
Ordin

Both UTTER Jokes to this class. You guys deserve to have all your gear deleted and thrown into blackrock mountain naked

ty >_>

soulshift
05-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Rofl you should have heard Xeltor today.
"Wow moonfire spamming works"

Tsarina
05-09-2005, 11:08 PM
I don't know Ordin, but Talsin is one of hordies I respect. Both as PvPer and druid. I can't say this is the image I have of him. I would say Mugdruid used to be one, and of course as a hunter I love that. Nothing is better than a druid playing a mage while I mana drain. But he has changed a lot lately. To the better.

Tarun
06-09-2005, 07:29 AM
How could you drain mana if we have cure poision? -_-

Talsin
06-09-2005, 07:45 AM
actually i was really considering not to even reply to this topic, but alas as you are referring to the game last night, i will comment, as you seem to be appointed by yourself to be the high and mighty uber drood who can decide how others should play a class. Moonfire spamming? please check your druid partner who spammed, im feral specced atm, and i tap people with 1 mf while going to bear ooooh what a spam. i tapped one runner of you 4 times yes in spam and hey look he died cause of it, sheesh what a waste of mana. other was retapping a rogue in a one on one she won by using potions.

then again, your vision might be clouded by walking up the gy at the horde side.

moonfirespamming, only when needed or when it can be effective like on runners. please
stop abusing your potions. it might get to your head. :roll:

whats next? making a list of druids who change to bear form, or maybe inspired by you druids who hide in a room with 6 other people cause our pug actually gave you a fight.

dissapointing thats all i can say. next time ill bear hug you again, love the ne bear carpets for our tunnel.

joke to the class, lol let the one without sin throw the rocks next time

Tsarina
06-09-2005, 10:17 AM
I can usually be found outside our WG entrance. Do /point at me and I'll show you :wink:

Kathra
06-09-2005, 11:11 AM
actually i was really considering not to even reply to this topic, but alas as you are referring to the game last night, i will comment, as you seem to be appointed by yourself to be the high and mighty uber drood who can decide how others should play a class. Moonfire spamming? please check your druid partner who spammed, im feral specced atm, and i tap people with 1 mf while going to bear ooooh what a spam. i tapped one runner of you 4 times yes in spam and hey look he died cause of it, sheesh what a waste of mana. other was retapping a rogue in a one on one she won by using potions.

then again, your vision might be clouded by walking up the gy at the horde side.

moonfirespamming, only when needed or when it can be effective like on runners. please

whats next? making a list of druids who change to bear form, or maybe inspired by you druids who hide in a room with 6 other people cause our pug actually gave you a fight.

dissapointing thats all i can say. next time ill bear hug you again, love the ne bear carpets for our tunnel.

Are you HONESTLY saying that this is how the class is meant to be played?
Yes i AM going to rant about an issue that is EXTREMELY annoying.

You both were using practically all your mana, i even watched ordin innervate to full and start again.

Moonfire is a spell designed to get a Dot on the target, and hit a few times if the target runs away. When your both hitting moonfire when people are on 100%. this ruins the idea. IF YOU WANTED DPS! ROLL A FRICKING MAGE/LOCK/ROGUE

jeez.....

ps. Thanks for the comment about me being "elitist". Thats always welcome

pps. If my "druid mate" was doing it, LIST HIM HERE!!

Talsin
06-09-2005, 11:47 AM
reading comprehension ftw.

you really dont get it do you?
where do i mention how the class is meant to be played, that is up to the player and sure as heck not up to you.
you can rant all you will. have fun doing it aswell.

i was using mana,even using almost all of it, ooh maybe we should make a black list on mana using druids aswell. why, cause i could have rolled a mage if i wanted to use mana.

thanks again on telling me know what the spell does. i perhaps wasnt clear enough on how i use it, then again we must all live up to the kathra standard.

and list a druid mate? damn indeed you never expect the spanish inquisition, sorry not working on your list. maybe keep it in your secret drood club, where you can make lil lists to eachother and dont forget your secret decoder ring. else you might not understand the replies.

and if you take it as a compliment, kudos to you, pls print it out frame it and pin it up your wall with all the other 'compliments' you must have then

Kathra
06-09-2005, 12:03 PM
and if you take it as a compliment, kudos to you, pls print it out frame it and pin it up your wall with all the other 'compliments' you must have then

Am i detecting jealousy? :)

That whole mana-using thing is bullshit. By spamming moonfire you arent playing as a druid, you are trying to be a Mage. The druid class isnt about smashing your moonfire button until your target is dead. A little creativity please.

Kabhanda
06-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Kathra, stop being a fool please.

The aim of pvp is to kill members of the opposing faction. In wsg you also have flags to cap and defend.

If someone chooses to spam moonfire a bit to kill something that is their choice to do so. If it does kill the enemy, stop a flag cap or otherwise benefit the team then its a good thing to do.

If all they do is stand behind their lines spamming till oom then yes, they are doing fuck all, but thats their choice.

I know you like to think you are gods gift to druids, hell, you probably think you are doing a service to the druid community with this thread. You aren't.

In many pvp situations gross mana inneficiency really doesnt matter, its about getting some damage on the oponent. If Talsin chooses to use moonfire for this so be it. From what he says he only does it when the situation demands it. From what I have seen of him, he only does it when the situation demands it.

What next, you try to ban priests from using mind flay and mind blast becuase 'we should have rolled a warlock'?

Harr
06-09-2005, 12:29 PM

Too easy, distract shot + viper sting (or reverse order)... rince&repeat with different stuns when can't do anything. => lots of mana gone...

Rey
06-09-2005, 12:34 PM
So if i spam searing pain that makes ma a mage too?

Kathra
06-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Kathra, stop being a fool please.

The aim of pvp is to kill members of the opposing faction. In wsg you also have flags to cap and defend.

If someone chooses to spam moonfire a bit to kill something that is their choice to do so. If it does kill the enemy, stop a flag cap or otherwise benefit the team then its a good thing to do.

If all they do is stand behind their lines spamming till oom then yes, they are doing fuck all, but thats their choice.

I know you like to think you are gods gift to druids, hell, you probably think you are doing a service to the druid community with this thread. You aren't.

In many pvp situations gross mana inneficiency really doesnt matter, its about getting some damage on the oponent. If Talsin chooses to use moonfire for this so be it. From what he says he only does it when the situation demands it. From what I have seen of him, he only does it when the situation demands it.

What next, you try to ban priests from using mind flay and mind blast becuase 'we should have rolled a warlock'?

Apart from the fact that half of this isnt true. I never claim i'm a decent druid. Actually Talsin sarcastically mocked me because a few others said i was good.

Moonfire spam pisses ME off directly, because its lame, pointless, and defeats the object of being a druid. I've seen Talsin in past games, and yes putting his name down WAS based on the game i played the other night. I'm not sure if it was Talsin or Ordin, but one of them REPEATEDLY spammed moonfire when i was at 100% health, and kept doing it until i was dead. How is this based on situation????

Also, no i dont think im doing a "favour" to the druid community, these people are annoying, i've heard LOADS of ranting about it but people are just too damn scared to write about it on the forum.

And no, i wont ban you from using mindflay etc, because you dont have the ability to turn into combat forms such as cat/bear to do some damage.

Temmink
06-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Moonfire spam pisses ME off directly, because its lame, pointless, and defeats the object of being a druid. I've seen Talsin in past games, and yes putting his name down WAS based on the game i played the other night. I'm not sure if it was Talsin or Ordin, but one of them REPEATEDLY spammed moonfire when i was at 100% health, and kept doing it until i was dead. How is this based on situation????

Sounds like a viable tactic to me.

Talsin
06-09-2005, 02:43 PM
Moonfire spam pisses ME off directly, because its lame, pointless, and defeats the object of being a druid. I've seen Talsin in past games, and yes putting his name down WAS based on the game i played the other night. I'm not sure if it was Talsin or Ordin, but one of them REPEATEDLY spammed moonfire when i was at 100% health, and kept doing it until i was dead. How is this based on situation????.

srry m8 wasnt me, but if the situation was to kill you, and in this case it apparantly did, it doesnt look so pointless. so where is the problem? that someone killed you? that he did it till you were dead? should he have stopped?

And no, i wont ban you from using mindflay etc, because you dont have the ability to turn into combat forms such as cat/bear to do some damage.

Thanks for not banning.. (or finding out about shadowform)
cat/bear for damage omg roll a rogue or warrior, why use energy or rage. thats not druid like *cough*

/sarcasm off have a nice day.

Kathra
06-09-2005, 02:54 PM
srry m8 wasnt me, but if the situation was to kill you, and in this case it apparantly did, it doesnt look so pointless. so where is the problem? that someone killed you? that he did it till you were dead? should he have stopped?

This was an example, he didnt solely kill me with moonfire, there were other players fighting me also. I remember one incident on the ramp to the horde roof where he spammed the hell out of me. I sat there laughing at him and using the odd healing touch. Eventually he just went oom and walked away.

Thanks for not banning.. (or finding out about shadowform)
cat/bear for damage omg roll a rogue or warrior, why use energy or rage. thats not druid like *cough*

/sarcasm off have a nice day.

That makes no sense, bear and cat are DESIGNED to be our combat forms. Caster form is to do some ranged DPS, heal, buff, and debuff.

As far as DPS goes, cat and bear is much higher than starfire/moonfire. Well, this IS blizzards aim, and is why feral is being buffed..

Also Talsin, if you are feral specced, Why arent you using forms?? Why not just respec balance?

Talsin
06-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Also Talsin, if you are feral specced, Why arent you using forms?? Why not just respec balance?

that bear with the horns?
tell you a secret.... that was me. the cat you didnt see? ditto

respec balance? hmm good idea maybe i can mf spam then.

Jurgan
06-09-2005, 03:58 PM
While I agree I hate moonfire spam, in pvp the main goal is to fuck the other guy over by any means at your disposal and if it means smashing the moonfire button than so be it. I do what it takes to kill the other guy, even if using cheap tricks... well I would if i knew any :P

My point is, in pvp anything goes. Even in BG, anything goes (still doesn't excuse terrain exploiting but thats another thread topic). So if a drood decides to moonfire spam, then so be it. He just better pray someone doesn't come along and take advantage of his OOM state unless he uses innervate (not sure on the cooldown on that either)

Kathra
06-09-2005, 04:00 PM

exactly....

Locowar
06-09-2005, 04:17 PM
I love... being rooted... only to be MF spammed>_>... and ofc trinket is always on CD

TheFallen
06-09-2005, 04:21 PM
It's an open discussion so hey, i'm allowed to post.

1. In pvp, anything possible to kill the enemy is fine, serieusly if MF spam kills the enemy then so be it. Why use another method that goes slower?

2. if you refuse to use MF spam, don't But it's a skill of a druid and it's effective when to finish off runners, as said above.

3. I fail to realise the point of this post... You think you're so good/better then any other druids, wich might be possible but that doesn't give you any reason at all to flame somebody by using a good druid skill just because you dislike it.

If it kills, it's fine :?

Talsin
06-09-2005, 05:13 PM

exactly....

doh, maybe i should oversimplify it and state it when i use a thing called sarcasm, but im happy for you that you think you've proved your point...
Maybe you can let it rest now. as this poorly thought out topic is getting way more effort put in than its worth, but please next time, before you start to accuse and insult people cause its not about mf spamming but calling people jokes cause they are not playing according to your (sarcasm warning) uber way of the druid. please get your frigging facts straight.
all possible respect you may have had, sure isnt there now.

Kathra
06-09-2005, 05:20 PM

exactly....

doh, maybe i should oversimplify it and state it when i use a thing called sarcasm, but im happy for you that you think you've proved your point...
Maybe you can let it rest now. as this poorly thought out topic is getting way more effort put in than its worth, but please next time, before you start to accuse and insult people cause its not about mf spamming but calling people jokes cause they are not playing according to your (sarcasm warning) uber way of the druid. please get your frigging facts straight.
all possible respect you may have had, sure isnt there now.

Once again with the fricking "Way of the druid" insult attempt.

WHEN DID I SAY THIS?

I didnt ONCE say i was better than ANYBODY. All i said was that moonfire spam ruins the class. And my post wasnt to prove a point, it was a rant about these guys who piss me off.

Also, Get what facts straight? I saw you spam moonfire, you've admitted it, my facts are pretty straight imo.

Also, i know you were being sarcastic, its called counter-sarcasm.

Not able moonfire spam? THEN WHATS IT ABOUT?

You people might try and do the moral thing and defend these guys, trying to be the "good guy" on this topic. But you all know as well as i do that moonfire SUCKS, i hear moonfire rants EVERY DAY, and what happens when people whine? Something gets nerfed.. Except shammies ofcourse.

Anyway, it doesnt matter now seeing as moonfire is getting nerfed to prevent spamming. A portion of the impact damage is being moved to the DoT ticks, meaning that moonfire will now be more effective if you leave the target to be affected by the DoT.
So enjoy spamming it, it wont work anymore.

thurlog
06-09-2005, 05:43 PM
and people wonder why i'm not on a pvp server...
main reason perfectly exampled in this topic..
:-)

Fruitloop
06-09-2005, 08:29 PM
lol, if I were Talsin, I'd respec to max out moonfire damage and so on - any bg party with him in will obviously have an advantage because he clearly has the ability to make others see red and lose all sense of logic :P

next topic: rogues using stealth ruins the class
topic after that: hunters using arrows ruins the class :D

Tarun
06-09-2005, 09:19 PM
What does it matter how talsin plays his druid? if he wants to play as a mindless druid then so be it... I think moonfire ony should be used when killing targets around 10-15%, otherwise if you do want to spam targets with 100% health youre left with no mana after the fight and you where much more vulnerable by not using your bear form with 6-10k armor, you get better DPS when using the bear form in combination with the moonfire DOT instead of spamming it.

Talsin
06-09-2005, 09:39 PM
i agree with you Tarun, as ive said b4 im mostly feral atm, i didnt moonfire spam and if i did burst it sure as heck wont be on a 100% char, alas but some people just cant read or only see what they want to. have fun people thats whats it about.

i clearly remember charging you, bashing you and mauling you till you did die. where was the spam then?

why do i even bother to anyway on this topic. clearly it has no use.

Kathra
06-09-2005, 09:54 PM
i agree with you Tarun, as ive said b4 im mostly feral atm, i didnt moonfire spam and if i did burst it sure as heck wont be on a 100% char, alas but some people just cant read or only see what they want to. have fun people thats whats it about.

i clearly remember charging you, bashing you and mauling you till you did die. where was the spam then?

why do i even bother to anyway on this topic. clearly it has no use.

Well if it wasnt you, it was Ordin, i DO remember seeing you spam it a lot im afraid...

and no, that wasnt bad eyesight.

And to the person that talked about banning stealth etc, You've got the wrong idea, but i wont try a counter-reply because thats kinda offtopic as far as this post goes.

Mathawas
07-09-2005, 08:05 AM
Noob question: why is Moonfire spamming so looked down upon by some druids?

Just curious.

Harr
07-09-2005, 08:10 AM
waste of mana?

sara
07-09-2005, 08:49 AM
It's an instant, ranged, attack with no cooldown. As far as I know it's the only one in the game.

This has a number of consequences: it can be used while chasing, it can't be counterspelled/shield bashed/kicked/earth shocked/etc, spamming it gives an average 205 dps + crits, and even if someone else stops them from chasing you, there is still the DoT to contend with.

The last I heard Blizzard declared it balanced because of the poor efficiency when you spam it. This is blatant disingenous-ness: WoW is designed with relatively slow but large and efficient heals compared to damage spells, this means that the only way to kill someone is to interrupt healing in some manner, or to do as much damage as possible in as short a space of time as possible.

Note also that the PVP reward design (with only rewarding actual kills, and no relationship between the horde and alliance 'honor' pools) encourages people to suicide as long as they take at least one person with them. In this respect MF spam's innefficiency is irrelevant provided it produces a kill.

Vorian
07-09-2005, 11:09 AM
From reading th notes written by Kathra, i am sorry to Hear that he will not be in WSG as much ashe obviously hates Moonfire Spammers so much that he wont want to group with them. Yesterday spent time in both WSG & AV and got pammed with moonfire in both. he can ask me for th names of those guilty of this transgression if he wants.

As i know from Kathra's statements that he will not be happy grouping with these he will probably leave or give tham an explanation on how to play a druid. :)

However, Kathra may not do this as he is either aiming this at th one person in particular (in which case i feel sorry for him) or only @ HORDE druids. :shock:

Tarun
07-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Some horde druids.. i hope he doesnt mean every horde druid... ;P

Locowar
07-09-2005, 12:30 PM
Noob question: why is Moonfire spamming so looked down upon by some druids?

Just curious.
Yeah im not a druid... but I hate that sound... and to get spammed by Moonfire isnt fun... its crap damage.. and that annoying DoT... also show a lack of skill from the opposing player if all he/she can do is to spam it.

Lus
07-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Kathra got killed and now he's looking for some cheese with whine? Grow up, shut up and play or stop playing.

Kathra
07-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Kathra got killed and now he's looking for some cheese with whine? Grow up, shut up and play or stop playing.

First of all, No i didnt get killed. Not by moonfire spam anyway. 2nd of all, who the hell are you? Do you know me? Have you ever played against or with me?

Show some identity before you troll please..

Kathra
07-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Also, to all the flamers i'd like to say this....

Moonfire spam makes MY class look like a joke, watching a video i heard this funny, yet painfully true quote from someone on voice

"Druids, do what you do best! spam moonfire!"

Now i dunno about you, but when your class is considered a joke, you want to do something about it. What if everyone said warriors were "xx lame ability" faggots...Like the rants im hearing about druids. Yes you can come out with blatently retarded comments like "oh noes if you stops teh m0onfir! meenz i cannort yoose my axe cos it is lame?" I dont want to hear it, you make no sense.

This game is highly based around reputation, certain players - spyeyes, tsarina, etc - have made names of themselves in pvp, they deserve this, they've worked hard. But when someone turns your class into a living joke, it kind of annoys you.

Now i know other classes dont have something like this that can show their class as being a bunch of lamers, warriors have spammable skills because this is all they have besides defensive stance etc. But Druids ONLY tool in pvp isnt moonfire, in some ways its the easy way out. Would you be annoyed with a potion user? Someone whos life is saved by engineering? YES YOU WOULD! AND DONT DENY IT! I'VE HEARD THE RANTS ABOUT

"OMG STUPID POT USER OMG"

etc, So why am i being flamed for this? You all know as well as i do, that anyone that spams moonfire from 100% down should really reconsider the class, You arent using your versatility, you arent using other key tools, such as the high possible crits in catform - with decent gear an ambush can crit for easily over 1200 on a clothie. All your doing is mashing one button, and if you REALLY want to play like this, then go ahead. But i feel as someone who controls the same class as you, that i want to say something on the matter.
Yes i may have said it in a harsh context, but this was by no means a "flame" at either of the guys i mentioned.

Also, dont respond with more "OMG KATHRA THINKS HES LIEK TEH BEST DROOD" replies, because i didnt say that, infact other people did, which im very grateful for. But if you respond and put words into my mouth, im just going to regard you as a total idiot who cant think of a reply..

/essay off

Poledra
07-09-2005, 04:21 PM
I like Cheese. o_o

Anyway.. I love my druid, as small as she is but I do find that I die alot lot faster in elfie form, I come out of bear/cat to moonfire if they run and that's about it.

Spamming moonfire would get boring pretty damn fast I'd think, i've never even considered it let alone done it. Having come from a Warlock to a druid, I probably appreciate the DoT ascept of it, rather than initial damage.

Meri
08-09-2005, 05:35 AM
What do you care if xyz druid sucks? You're known enough by your flaghugger buddies to always get a spot, and healers are always wanted for instances. So what exact harm does it do to you personally if every single other druid in the server was crap? Some random newbie will make assumptions?
Finally, ask a warlock friend to put Curse of Shadows on your target, suddenly Moonfire spam is actually pretty lethal.

Jurgan
08-09-2005, 08:11 AM
Don't give Kath anymore ideas.

Trying to chase Kathra down and I was being moonfired spammed to death by his buddy Michalix.

Coven
08-09-2005, 12:52 PM
A wise man once said "...If it aint broke, don't fix it..."

Some druids will be very new to PvP regardless of level. It seems intelligent to me that the first "trick" they find that works should be used, whatever method they use of taking you down. I'd rather group with a druid that used an ability he/she could kill with then say,

"...I'm not going to use Moonfire because I've heard it's a bad thing to do..." and get their arse handed to them on a plate as they haven't yet worked out how to effectively use bear from and so on.

I don't see issues with any class using anything at their disposal to win (other than /afk out until you find a PUG - as some "famous" PvPers on our realm have been known to do for their rank). This includes potions, trinkets, engineering etc - they're in game so why not use them? They're at everybodies disposal, if they work and you don't use them, don't bitch that somebody else did. You died, got beaten by another player, deal.

If there are far better ways than MF spam, I'm sure all druids will eventually find them and make your life even more difficult. What's the alternative? Enter BG naked and fist fight?

Tarun
08-09-2005, 01:16 PM
If you played a druid till lvl 60 and youre still thinking spamming moonfire is the way to go you should concider rolling a mage for instance for brainless nuking. Dont talk about stuff you know shit about...

Kathra
08-09-2005, 03:30 PM
If you played a druid till lvl 60 and youre still thinking spamming moonfire is the way to go you should concider rolling a mage for instance for brainless nuking. Dont talk about stuff you know shit about...

Amen to that

Also@Jurgan, Mich isnt really a "buddy" of mine, but he IS balance specced.

Ruargh
08-09-2005, 06:13 PM
ofcourse moonfire spams can be annoying
but so are frost nova's
distract shots...
rogue poison...
hamstrings...
seduces...
hammer of justice thingy... (Eek! :P)
frostshocks... :oops:
and so on...

I think they main reason there so annoying is because they do what they are intended to do, which is to hurt or hamper youre enemy in the best possible way.
so shall we just remove all spells that hurt ppl and just hold staring and waving contests?

P.S. :cry: why are you dragging me and my classmates into this? :cry: :scratch:

Flagg
08-09-2005, 06:51 PM
but so are frost nova's
distract shots...
rogue poison...
hamstrings...
seduces...
and so on...

QFT there will always something that is spammable/overpowered etc......just suck it up

-Flagg-

PS you forgot pollymorph :)

Locowar
09-09-2005, 12:17 AM
but so are frost nova's
distract shots...
rogue poison...
hamstrings...
seduces...
and so on...

QFT there will always something that is spammable/overpowered etc......just suck it up

-Flagg-

PS you forgot pollymorph :)
Diminishing returns?

Lus
09-09-2005, 08:27 AM

First of all, No i didnt get killed. Not by moonfire spam anyway. 2nd of all, who the hell are you? Do you know me? Have you ever played against or with me?

Show some identity before you troll please..

WTF show id before posting? LMAO!

Im saying that stop ranting and bi****ng and let ppl play how they want to play. If they are playing like arses on your point of view it's tough luck, live with it. If you are so concerned how druids look in eyes of other ppl just show them there are different ways to play them and move on. There is no point flaming on forums and get a war going on who did this and was it wrong and so on.

P.S. Im know as Luzzgarn, troll rogue, ingame (with various other chars scaling from lvl 1 - 50) so you wont loose sleep wondering who I am.

Taurusos
09-09-2005, 10:02 AM
lol @ blacklisting people for how they play their droooooooooood

next up:

blacklist MS.

Ashborn
09-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Good idea there Taur. Think I'll start blacklisting warlocks who use the imp in pvp.

Ashborn
09-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Actually, make that use the imp anywhere that isn't a 40 man raid.

Vorian
09-09-2005, 10:31 AM
Having played against several teams with Kathra in in th last couple of days, hav suffered MF spams from 2 different druids in his team. So it seems it's only Horde Druids that concern him. Draw your own conclusions from this :shock:

Ruargh
09-09-2005, 12:11 PM
ally druids are just as moronic as horde ones? ;) :lol:

Taurusos
09-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Actually, make that use the imp anywhere that isn't a 40 man raid.

As long as you gimmeh imp when in my group in a raid and let it stay im fine by all

:D

Kathra
09-09-2005, 06:12 PM
lol @ blacklisting people for how they play their droooooooooood

next up:

blacklist MS.

Nono, i said i didnt want comments like this..

*repeats about Druids having other forms primarily manufactured to deal damage whereas other forms depend on highdps attacks*

Ruargh
09-09-2005, 09:33 PM
so we blacklist def specced warriors instead?

JeFF
09-09-2005, 11:02 PM
so we blacklist def specced warriors instead?

I say we blacklist all pallies who aren't me.

Platonas
10-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Aye, add JeFF to that list will you? :)

KalToreth
14-09-2005, 05:18 AM
Leagalize peacebloom, free the pig at Camp T, get laid, mf spam a bit, make fun of loladins, and kill that Gamon character.

Perfect day of WoW
\,,/(-_-)\,,/

Other than that, what a silly forum thread.
I actually read through it all the way for some strange reason. I must be bored.
Cant say I find it good for anything. This thread that is.
Its like a bad news report.
It starts of really stupid, making you wanting to read it.
Gets worse, but you keep reading.
Ends up beeing one of those annoying zits you sometimes get on your back.
You know, the ones that make you look like a monkey, whilest trying to scratch.
God i hate those

Badabim

Anyone up for some chocolate ? My treat.
If we give it some MF's we could end up with some niceass cocoe (or how thats spelled)

Yum

Kal't
Lord of typos ..
bla bla .

Ashborn
14-09-2005, 06:35 AM
Your sig speaks truth.

KalToreth
14-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Your sig speaks truth.

yeah .. I know ..
Its quite frustrating actually

I am he whos sign fits well.

Bow to me!

Kabhanda
14-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Hmmm, have to agree with ashen here, the typos aren't that bad, but your posts are all such shit.

05-10-2005, 05:23 AM
Well first of all i want to say: I am in tha house !

and sometimes moonfire spam is a must :) not all the time but in some duels at the end it is usefull :) :P

Kathra
05-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Well first of all i want to say: I am in tha house !

and sometimes moonfire spam is a must :) not all the time but in some duels at the end it is usefull :) :P

Whos this? o_O

TheFallen
05-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Whos this? o_O

It was you! Confess already! :evil:

Kathra
05-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Whos this? o_O

It was you! Confess already! :evil:

;[

girney
08-10-2005, 08:31 AM
What a lovely thread.

Rey
08-10-2005, 08:53 AM
Ycon biggest m00nfire spamm0r ever!!

Kathra
08-10-2005, 09:08 AM
Ycon biggest m00nfire spamm0r ever!!

QFT

=)

Kabhanda
08-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Do druids have a mod that targets the nearest enemy and casts moonfire tied into their movement keys?

Kathra
08-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Do druids have a mod that targets the nearest enemy and casts moonfire tied into their movement keys?

Im not sure, but i did hear about a dodgy mod that would cast the DoT effect on every target in the area o_O!

Alia
08-10-2005, 09:14 AM
lol

Shadowfist
04-11-2005, 12:20 PM
This must be one of the most stupid threads I've seen tbh...

"Stop acting like a mage"??

Lmao, maybe all druids should stop going Bear then, since we apparently are acting like warriors...oh, and don't go Cat and pretend you are a rogue!

Kathra
04-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Lmao, maybe all druids should stop going Bear then, since we apparently are acting like warriors...oh, and don't go Cat and pretend you are a rogue!

Good, slap yourself in the face now.

The druid was designed to allow the user the various forms. Imitating a warrior, rogue, and a mage at the same time. totally disregarding your feral forms is stupid.

Im not going to stop using moonfire, im just not going to sit in caster and spam it.

But thanks for actually proving MY point

Lothereon
04-11-2005, 07:05 PM
/cheer

Abberare
05-11-2005, 03:31 AM
Isn't Moonfire quite a weak spell though? Why can't you kill the spammers, in cat/bear form? And was it you that posted that flagrunning video a while back (may have even been on the old forums), Kathra?

Tsarina
05-11-2005, 04:15 AM
This must be one of the most stupid threads I've seen tbh...

"Stop acting like a mage"??

Even if I'm not a fan of the original topic of the thread, I do see the point. A druid that goes cat or bear, can be a decent rogue/warrior. A druid that goes caster, can not act as mage. A priest, however...

A druid doing nothing but spam Moonfire, is not doing his class justice. I only have a toy druid, and can't put my self in Kathra's place. Maybe MF spamming druids gives her the same grief as hunters rolling on + to healing daggers gives me. I don't know. My objections to this thread was making a list of non-skilled people. And that she in my experience hit a bit off target with the names mentioned. At least one of them.

If you think a druid in caster form is to a mage, what a druid in bear form is to a warrior, you have misunderstood something important.

Artia
12-11-2005, 03:38 AM
[quote=Shadowfist]

The druid was designed to allow the user the various forms. Imitating a warrior, rogue, and a mage at the same time. totally disregarding your feral forms is stupid.

Hmm, so balance druids who only go caster/moonkin are stupid then? They sure won't go into cat, since it has less armor than moonkin, and they won't be specced for bear, most likely.

Balance druids = stupid druids?

Ashborn
12-11-2005, 03:39 AM

Yes.

Kathra
12-11-2005, 02:20 PM

Yes.

quote for truth.

Balance druids totally contradict how the druid class was supposed to be played. Its like a rogue speccing "bow"

Alverion
12-11-2005, 02:43 PM
I've specced gun. Works for me, 'autoshot' crits of 700 >.>

Harshak
12-11-2005, 02:45 PM
silly blizz nerfed guns/bows, I miss my no cooldown on it:l

Angellic
12-11-2005, 04:21 PM
silly blizz nerfed guns/bows, I miss my no cooldown on it:l
Solution : reroll hunter :P

16-11-2005, 09:42 AM

Yes.

But Moonkin is fun. And I missed the time when I tried it.

Moonkins are not stupid. They are brave enough not to sacrifice fun for uberness like every munchkin out there yelling n00bkin.

alassius
16-11-2005, 09:43 AM
The above poster was me.

24-11-2005, 01:50 PM

Good, slap yourself in the face now.

Im not going to stop using moonfire, im just not going to sit in caster and spam it.

But thanks for actually proving MY point

You clearly didn't understand mine...
Of course i don't think highly of MF-spamming, it's lame and poor playing.
I replied to your poor generalizing.

zendog
08-12-2005, 04:02 PM
This is, without a doubt, one of the best threads I've ever read. More please!

KharneOotD
08-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Ok, first off, i'm no PvP pro. No, scrub that, i SUCK at PvP. I've freely admitted that so no i can continue..

Kathra, there are many flaws throughout this thread starting from the very first post. Listing names of bad players without proof is bad enough but i also see hypocrisy arising throughout this thread.
Your main argument is that Moonfire Spam SHOULDN'T be used due to it being mana in-efficient, uncreative and not how the class was designed. Okey, fair enough. That's your views. Why should you look down (you can say you're not but this thread hardly paints the named in a charming manner) on other druids who play different from yourself? I know, we should make all druids use feral combat for their dps. Just look at the creativity there. MF spam is not hard to do or creative but, hell, if it does the job in PvP (i.e. it kills another player) who cares? Mana efficiency is way more important in PvE than PvP. If the player ended up dead, the druid did his or her job.
Also, the rubbish about the class being designed to do all combat in feral is rubbish. Why is the Balance tree there then? Why does it have talents to improve your nukes? It's a choice. All 3 trees are designed to be viable. Don't attempt to 'name and shame' others for playing differently. Although you haven't explicity said you're a role model druid, you have mocked others for using a tactic you don't. So what? Who are you to say that makes them a bad player?
As a priest I know lots of other very good priests who play or gear themselves differently from me, i don't think they suck because i prefer my way. I just think it's a commendation to the diversity Blizz made available. (Not a good analogy since i'm a healbot but meh).
this thread has probly been dead awhile so i apologise for that but some of the points here where just plain stupid.

Tsarina
08-12-2005, 05:24 PM
All 3 trees are designed to be viable.
But they aren't.

KharneOotD
08-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Was merely a retort to KAthra's 'druids are designed to fight in feral' stuff.
In PvE, actually a Balance Druid can do nice dmg. Seen a screenie of one of the larger American Guilds having a Balance druid very high up on the synchronised dmg meter.
PvP wise, i have no idea how they fare.
My PvP consists of: i heal group, i get ganked, my group dies.

Kabhanda
08-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Balance druids cannot do viable sustained dps, they can score hich in damage meters in very short fights or becuase everyone else is shit.

In the same way a shadow priest can't get to the top of a damage chart if other people are any good, however the shadow priest increases all shadow damage by 15%, so their overall effect on raid dps is very high.

The balance druid gives a few % crit to people in the party only, not worth it. In pve the druid is still of most use as a healer, and in pvp an oomkin is there for people to do /point followed by /laugh.

Kathra
08-12-2005, 05:40 PM
But they aren't.

KharneOotD
08-12-2005, 05:57 PM
But they aren't.

Way to make a point there.

So what if some druids don't recognise this? So what if some players aren't as good as others? They don't deserve to be blacklisted for lacking a bit of knowledge. We were all newbs at this once. Sure, it isn't so fun to group with those who aren't as good as you'd like them to be. That's when you're given three choices. Inform them, ignore them or flame them. I normally try to inform, if that doesn't work i'll simply leave the group. No need to flame people for not being so skilled or knowledgable.

Kathra
08-12-2005, 05:59 PM
wasnt actually aimed at balance druids, so dunno how that got drawn in.

Both druids that i mentioned are both 60, seem well geared, seem to have half a brain. they were moonfire spamming to be "lazy" i guess

i made this thread as an attempt to stop them being uncreative, didnt really work,

dakab
20-04-2006, 07:43 PM
I played on hohenheim's char.
and ycon did some moonfire, is that because hohenheim was first lvl 60?

dakab
20-04-2006, 07:44 PM
I played on hohenheim's char.
and ycon did some moonfire, is that because hohenheim was first lvl 60?

mugdruid
20-04-2006, 07:52 PM
lol digging up old topics ftw. welcome to 2006 dakab

Lothereon
23-04-2006, 12:36 PM
/ka-pow

Ogg
23-04-2006, 03:42 PM
BUMPED FOR MORE DRAMA.

Locowar
23-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Double post

Locowar
23-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Double post

Khalam
23-04-2006, 04:35 PM
KHALAM

--
KHALAM

Locowar
23-04-2006, 04:36 PM
KHALAM

--
KHALAM
r suk
:P

Aevorn
28-04-2006, 05:16 PM

Are you HONESTLY saying that this is how the class is meant to be played?
Yes i AM going to rant about an issue that is EXTREMELY annoying.

You both were using practically all your mana, i even watched ordin innervate to full and start again.

Moonfire is a spell designed to get a Dot on the target, and hit a few times if the target runs away. When your both hitting moonfire when people are on 100%. this ruins the idea. IF YOU WANTED DPS! ROLL A FRICKING MAGE/LOCK/ROGUE

jeez.....

ps. Thanks for the comment about me being "elitist". Thats always welcome

pps. If my "druid mate" was doing it, LIST HIM HERE!!

Please add me to the list of Moonfire spammers. Personally I find it one of the most effective spells a Druid can use in PvP. Matter of fact I've had quite a few Horde players chew me out on their Alliance Alt after a good BG for that.

All Classes have the tools they can utilize in BG's. How we use them are our own decission, not something that should be dictated by frustrated players. If my using Moonfire continously annoy you, go ahead and try to down my toon..

Aevorn
28-04-2006, 05:20 PM

Yes.

Well..critting for 3k as Balance spec'd is rather decent in my opinion. Still I wouldn't pick that talent tree.

Proterra
28-04-2006, 09:42 PM
ignore ashen he is a twat as is medrian I guess. k. lol

Chonar
28-04-2006, 09:43 PM
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/452/getoffame2ei.jpg

28-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Omg u r no use Spells ok to keel.

Asho
01-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Chonar's pictures does always deliver :)

dakab
19-05-2006, 12:46 PM
talsin
ycon ( spammed me when I played hohenheim char. is that because I played on the first lvl 60 on this server?)

Aredhel
19-05-2006, 12:48 PM
I got the killing blow on Vael last night with a Moonfire with no tanks left alive. Thus Moonfire wins.

19-05-2006, 12:50 PM
I r clearly moonfier spammer k?

Ajial
19-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Forgot to log in, clearly i fail :(

Turiel
08-10-2006, 10:39 PM
Bump legendary topic, why did nobody nominate this in the competition!?

Jurgan
08-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Talsin - Moonfire Spammeh

Ninja
09-10-2006, 05:42 AM
huh balance druid looks like fun and MF seems very effective against fleeing enemys

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0tELclP5fpY

go go balance druids have your fun i say

Flawless
09-10-2006, 09:43 AM
we should actually get a seperate forum that legendary threads like these should be moved to.

Shadowfist
09-10-2006, 10:19 AM
The only thing legendary about this thread is the pain reading it.

Kathra
09-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Leave my topic alone ;_;

Bleetman
11-10-2006, 03:15 AM
huh balance druid looks like fun and MF seems very effective against fleeing enemys

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0tELclP5fpY

go go balance druids have your fun i say
But he's not feral! Probably ebay'd the account.

>_>

soulshift
11-10-2006, 03:32 AM
I like moonfire spammed a mage in WSG earlier.
It felt like having sex with bleetman all day, but just like in 5secs!
Pew pew pew!

Kenny
11-10-2006, 03:51 AM
Moonspireham ftw tbh.