View Full Version : Rogues arent imba! (Fun movie!)

Hephaestos
01-09-2005, 09:19 AM
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=6140

Download it, its worth the 300ish megs =)

Tsarina
01-09-2005, 01:10 PM
You were right. It was worth it. Left me speechless.

Caliban
01-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Cry more noob :)

Seriously; nice movie! A good rogue doing what rogues where meant to do: one on one pvp with the advantage of surprise. Not all the opponents where that great, but well above average for these "I pwn" movies.

I sometimes wish shadowsong could go pvp, sneak attacks ftw :D

-Caliban

Ysabella
01-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Not everybody likes a challenge. Let them play rogue.

TheFallen
01-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Not everybody likes a challenge. Let them play rogue.

didn't know mages were such challenge then? :wink: Roll a hunter, then you'd know what a true challenge is :wink:

Ysabella
01-09-2005, 03:18 PM
I agree. It's much easier not to suck playing mage than hunter or warlock. Not saying they're less fun, nor THAT hard to master. But my hunter and my 'lock are unfortunately not on Shadowsong.

Nerf the critters.

Ashborn
01-09-2005, 04:26 PM
It's much easier not to suck playing mage than hunter or warlock.

I'll have to disagree on the warlock part, at least judging from the amount of utterly useless warlocks out there.

TheFallen
01-09-2005, 08:03 PM
I agree. It's much easier not to suck playing mage than hunter or warlock. Not saying they're less fun, nor THAT hard to master. But my hunter and my 'lock are unfortunately not on Shadowsong.

Nerf the critters.

They aren't? alot easier then every other single class i'd say. Warlock hardest, druid second (when it comes to pvp).

Turiel
01-09-2005, 09:53 PM
The Eyonix bit is priceless :P

Shadowbliss
14-09-2005, 10:11 PM
This is that movie where the idiot kills ppl nekkid or with full wildheart on ?

If you watch closely he owns only the afk ones or totall e-bay nubs .. half of them dont even fight back ffs !!!

totall bullshit movie .. funny part with the lock discussion though !

sara
15-09-2005, 02:15 AM
This is that movie where the idiot kills ppl nekkid or with full wildheart on ?

If you watch closely he owns only the afk ones or totall e-bay nubs .. half of them dont even fight back ffs !!!

totall bullshit movie .. funny part with the lock discussion though !

This comment illustrates the very worst of forum manure: the video doesn't actually have anyone actually afk.

Yes, the warrior in the cave in BS is flagged afk but to even the meanest intelligence it should be obvious that there *is* actually a person operating it. You may think the way he responds to the rogue attack is noobish, but closer examination of the movie would allow you to see the large dragon outside the cave (part of a BRD quest). Running away from a rogue past the big elite dragon will guarantee death: the dragon will aggro on the warrior and leave the rogue alone, while the rogue can backstab to his hearts content.

People who are attacked by rogues panic, stealth is extremely powerful, stuns are even more powerful. Rogues win pvp fights of this kind through a combination of high dps and skills such as gouge and blind, which exist to prevent the rogues opponent from utilising their own class properly.

Edited to reduce the flame content slightly

Caliban
15-09-2005, 06:27 AM
Ok, he's not afk. I dont think anybody means the warrior should have tried to run away (very stupid if your're a warrior fighting a rogue).

Just watched the movie again, and I can't resist telling everybody why I dont think this movie is proof that rogues need a nerf. (Boring whine stuff ahead):

-He always hits. Notice when he's stunlocking the warriors. Looked at it, and couldnt see one miss, dodge, resist or parry. To me that's a indicator of handpicked fights.

-People he fights are not taking the correct measures to protect themselves. Ok, this can be part of the imbaness of rogues, the surprise attack, but my opinion is that if you start hitting keys blindly when attacked you deserve to die :) Or in the case of the warrior, not starting fighting until it's to late (notice his axe on his back most of the fight - and no, thats not a perfect stunlock being executed)

-Cooldowns. Uses most, including preperation, for every fight. While this is really ok to do, it doesn't really reflect what pvp is like for rogues. I never blow all my cooldowns in a fight - except sometimes in duels. Why? If somebody catches a rogue with everything on cooldown he's toast.

But everybody calling for a rogue nerf really got what they wanted with this patch - crippeling poison can now be resisted and is on dimishing returns. The difference is very noticable. I'd accept this if they let us keep our new godly "shoot a 3.sec crossbow in 1. sec with no additional cooldown" ability, but I see a hotfix coming.

Rey
15-09-2005, 08:00 AM
Of course he was killed loads of time but noone puts that in videos (except me) :p

Robinvi
15-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Well whatever you guys say you can't say that this rogue isn't good... He knows what to do and when. But when he is nude and using 1 0.9 dps dagger i kinda think it's fair to use all your cooldowns. or?

But i agree many of the guys he fought isn't exactly good.... 8)

sara
15-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Caster itemisation is awful, as he points out armour sets for casters tend to have trade-offs between increasing attack and defense, whereas (for rogue in particcular, but all melee people) other classes get damage increases and stat increases at the same time.

Melee people claim that this is ok because they are gear dependant (which is silly, everyone is gear dependant at 60) and that mages can pwn melee people if they are both naked.

The point of this video is to demonstrate that rogues are not useless without gear, as is the sub-text of the gear dependency argument.

Edit:
If rogues were genuinely gear dependant then taking off all their armour and giving them the 1-2 damage daggers would be equivalent to casting permanent silence on a mage. I can guarantee that a mage who used *no* spells at all in a fight would only win if the opponent was *actually* afk.

Soulrender
15-09-2005, 03:39 PM
blizzard states that they tend to believe the rumor that most of those fights were staged. btw: remember when he says "pala add" dies and then "just you and me now"? the one he kills then isnt the one that killed him last time ^^'.