View Full Version : A study of 1.7 from a hunter's point of view. (Not mine)

Tsarina
31-08-2005, 09:29 PM
Beastmaster did this research (http://forum.futuredt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2638#2638)

TheFallen
31-08-2005, 09:41 PM
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunters/talents.html?3500300152501051000000000000000321240 410300000

Call me stupid, call me crazy but that's my build. For pvp purpose and works very well in instances aswell.

The ranged dps decrease is minimal compared to the extra damage with BM.

BM owns, really, on test realm i've let mages duel only my pet, they killed it while they were at 9%, multiple times the case. pets bite trough casters like a knife trough butter. Even shadowpriests are alot easier aswell, let's say 80% chances to win...

the reason of my choice to survival is to protect my weak side: Melee, or pvp purposes. i really need detterence+imp wingclip. Surefooted is very nice aswell

Jurgan
13-09-2005, 11:19 AM
I'll be going 32bm and 18mm to get aimed shot and hawkeye.

TheFallen
13-09-2005, 04:25 PM
I've already got a new build, classic MM/survival or survival/MM.

BM is just a cookie cutter build and wouldn't work that well in instances(end-game that is).
I don't likz to rely on my pet to survive tbh :(

Jurgan
13-09-2005, 04:33 PM
I see my pet as viable alternative. Kept me alive a few times in instances, even if it does die. By the time it dies, the mob I was dealing with is on its last legs anyway so I can just kite him till I get help.

It'll be a nice pvp annoyance as well I reckon. With intimidation and bestial wrath even, hell they get pissed off with my pet anyway pre 1.7. Couple that with prowl of my cat or the atk buff of my wolf to any nearby teammates.

Guess its all a moot point really in the end, until we get 1.7 and experience it for ourselves.

TheFallen
13-09-2005, 04:40 PM
The pet is a viable part of the hunter, and it has saved my life alot of times but i don't like the fact that when your pet dies, you loose all the talent points put in BM tree.

It's great in 1vs1 though and lower lvl instance(58-) BW+intimidation+Hunter trinket(new quest)+frenzy = dead class, whatever it is, without hunter doing a thing;-)

and i don't really like that, Personal opinion i guess, i like how i play now and honestly, i don't have any problems, i do not own but i do not suck either :wink: Wich is fine by me :)

Guess i'll have to try it out on live though, Test realm is horrible to test things...:-/

Jurgan
13-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Aye I tried test realm. It was... weird. Didn't feel like the WoW I knew and it felt like I was wearing someone else's skin.

TheFallen
13-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Aye I tried test realm. It was... weird. Didn't feel like the WoW I knew and it felt like I was wearing someone else's skin.

It's what the 'world' would be like if the paladins take over...

They told me i was mad! But i'm right! You're all dommed! Doomed i tell you!

Tsarina
13-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Did a couple of respecs on test. I thought maybe 21MM and 30 BM would be nice for PvP with two stuns. I'm not sure yet. Totally agree with Jurgan, it felt very wrong. Probably even more so for me going from female NE to male Orc. I will have to do testing after it hits live.

Jurgan
14-09-2005, 12:58 AM
Thefallen... take your pills.

Tsar... least I got cash now to try out some builds for the time being.

Meri
15-09-2005, 06:09 AM
More in response to the linked article.
Improved aspect of the Hawk, and improved Hunter's Mark both used to be total waste of points. IIRC for example the 5 talentpoints in Mark only added something like 1,4 dps at lvl 60.

I settled for a 21 MM /30 Surv build for now, because Scattershot is a must, and because Viper Sting is meh. 12 second CC that makes the mob un-cc'able after its duration is over is kinda bad even when noone makes any mistakes. in a PuG where cc'd mobs are hit almost routinely... On the other hand, in PvP I could see Viper Sting + Aimed + enemy led into improved Immo trap as somewhat lethal. :P (Immo-VS-Aimed- Rapid-Conc- Multi-Arcane-SS...start out of meld ofcource, fun for all enemies in a pvp server ^^ )

I'm still a bit bummed from the nerfing of the MM tree, especially giving Eagle Eye to non MM focused hunters. Still, only time will tell which is better TS Aura or the agi boost. (I really was hoping for 150 ap for lvl 60 TS aura, but well)

A part of me just wants to go the Hungry Rampaging Tiger way and take all the petbuffs. Twinking friends with Tiger on aggressive is really fun, and I could imagine with talents the Tiger could solo lvl 40 instances. ^^

/ramble