View Full Version : Shaman overpowered? NoOoOo

Bagrok
30-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Alot of ppl saying:

Hey look its a tauren, hey look he wears a mace omfgwtf111 its a shaman

I wonna know why ppl think we are overpowered?

In 1v1 we aren't That good, because it might be my reaper but my windfury doesn't proc in a duel.

OMGWTFBBQ111 an earthbind totem ! hurray i can slow all ppl bypassing it, but im not getting any CP rewarded for it >.< U might say "it can save a flagcap for alliance" but nooooo thats why there are premades!

Frostshock, finally something that does dmg & has a usefull effect /bow

Earthshock, a nice thing to interrupt spells, however its useless to alot of classes and has a pretty high resist rate imo

That for PVP

PVE now then

We aren't DPS enough for being DPS

We haven't got aggro resetting shields

We haven't got blessings

We have a underwater breathing buff & a waterwalking buff, this will save the raid.

Not to mention the aura's :O

We just have 2 heals, which isn't enough to keep a main/offtank alive.

After considering all this u can see we are usefull for:

PVP:

Slowing the enemies without getting CP

PVE:

Wait for ppl to die and ressurect them

Considering this:

Paladins > Shamans in overpowerdishnesh
NERF LOLADIN

Bagrok.

Mathawas
30-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Can I have whatever you're smoking mate? :twisted:

Tarun
30-08-2005, 04:58 PM
You forgot about the totems that give agi, strength, damage reduction, mana reg... fire resist etc....

edit: you can stomp 4 totems at once to give 4 buffs to a party, paladins can only activate 1 aura.

Bagrok
30-08-2005, 04:59 PM
they last 1 minute -_- and get killed with the very least bit of AOE something/someone has and they have a ranga max.

Harr
30-08-2005, 09:08 PM
AoE doesn't destroy totems. Duration and effect range very limited on totems, not to mention totems are static, so won't move with you. Sometimes totems can cause wipes in instances if not careful because totems seem to have longer agro radius than players do (same level).

Agility and Strength boost totems take lot of mana to put up and won't last longer than 1.5 min. Already have to drink up after almost every fight (yes I'm one of those shamans that actually do something besides dps in instances, and I don't mean shock spamming).

Only really useful totem in MC is fire resist totem :) But that totem only gives that fire resist bonus to your current party, not whole raid. All buff totems effect only your current party. (Not counting Mana Tide totem here as one because its deep in restoration talent tree),

Harr
30-08-2005, 09:12 PM
I would like to add that can only have one of the same type of totem active. E.g. can only have one effect from earth, so can't have both tremor and eartbind totems up at the same time. (Unless ofcourse another shaman puts the other type up :) )

Harr
30-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Heh Bagrok you got it all assbackwards, shamans rock in 1vs1, in groups not so good :P

Some people have opinion that without incarnate and res shamans would never be invited to endgame instancing :P

Muley
30-08-2005, 09:25 PM
To be as blunt as possible...I can beat shamans 1 on 1 thus i dont believe they are overpowered. If i could only beat the lamest shamans there were (like Harr...i mean...what a noob!) then i would moan like the rest of the tossers...but in general...shamans are just a great class

Harr
30-08-2005, 09:53 PM
To be as blunt as possible...I can beat shamans 1 on 1 thus i dont believe they are overpowered. If i could only beat the lamest shamans there were (like Harr...i mean...what a noob!) then i would moan like the rest of the tossers...but in general...shamans are just a great class

Just wait.. just wait until wednesday when I get rest of my wtfpwnage PvP gear when I reach rank 10 ... *maniacal laughter*

Then I'll make Muley eat n00bness :P :evil: :twisted: :lol:

Muley
30-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Dude i will beat you...but eating you? im not sure about that :D

Rey
30-08-2005, 10:32 PM
/moo Harr and /moo Bagrok

and nerf that damn spell eating totem, always losing a shard on it

Flagg
30-08-2005, 11:04 PM
We have a underwater breathing buff & a waterwalking buff, this will save the raid.

rofl

The "are shamans overpowered?" topic is as old as time itself, if a shaman gets the jump on me then its usally lights out for Flagg, if I get the jump on him then (unless they are very skilled with uber gear) its the end of em. I find Shamans far more harder in 1v1 then in groups, are shamans overpowered? No I guess not just balanced........buff every one else!

-Flagg-

Uzgash
30-08-2005, 11:24 PM
I have NEVER used water walking! I think I have to try it some day :)

You are forgerting one of our skills Bagrok. The almighty PURGE! This is me in WGS: Purge! Froshshock! Purge! Froshshock! Purge! Froshshock! Purge!

Harr
31-08-2005, 04:50 AM
That dang earth shock gets resisted too much :P

Flagg
31-08-2005, 10:17 AM
That dang earth shock gets resisted too much :P

....if you say so, I've been finished off by that thing more times then I care to remember. It really hurts :cry:

-Flagg-

Bagrok
31-08-2005, 07:04 PM
/bow to Harr's spam

shamans can only win 1on1 fights when they are lucky to have several WF procs on a 2H in it :O unless for droods or so

Harr
02-09-2005, 06:14 AM
No sense using 2h against warriors, just take too much damage because of the lost armor (armor almost cut in half). Shock spam works better against warriors because that ignores armor ;)

Harr
03-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Here's the screenshot from WSG ;) Look... what is it? Muley taking dirt nap? http://www.shadowsongeurope.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=35&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=979

TheFallen
03-09-2005, 08:38 PM
am i the only one that has no problems at all with shammy's?

i just use the nbice engineering item that reflects frost shock and cheers, won the battle:-/:)

Tsarina
03-09-2005, 08:46 PM

I have no problems with shamans 1 on 1. I haven't lost a duel vs one since I met Fearless outside XR one night in a time long gone. But several shamans working together in an open PvP situation, now thats a foe to fear.

Harr
03-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I still haven't gotten over Tsarina winning me *twice* in a row in duel ;)

Harr
03-09-2005, 08:50 PM

i just use the nbice engineering item that reflects frost shock and cheers, won the battle:-/:)

Good luck timing the trinket using at the right time :P

(dimishing returns in frost shock so nobody who has any brains spam it anymore ;) )

TheFallen
03-09-2005, 08:54 PM

Good luck timing the trinket using at the right time :P

(dimishing returns in frost shock so nobody who has any brains spam it anymore ;) )

it worked till now, and not really that hard to time it. it has a 5sec duration so when you think they're near put it on and run towards them. Every single shaman i've encountered is pressing that button like crazy so it'll backfire to them. They don't know what hit them :wink:

and then it's just a matter of your pet dealing a bit damage, kiting him while staying out of shock range.

i don't seem to have any trouble with them, really:-/ and in patch 1.7 with my (BM/survival build, yes BM/survival you heard correct) they'll be even easier

Harr
03-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Heh.. always keep hunter flameshocked so can't use that aspect (of the cheetah?).

TheFallen
03-09-2005, 11:23 PM
Heh.. always keep hunter flameshocked so can't use that aspect (of the cheetah?).

aspect of cheetah, never used it against shaman, lightning shield(i think it's called) stuns me,
i just slow ya down with your own frostshok, Concussive Shot, wingclip;-) Well timed Feign deaths freezing traps work great aswell;)

Tsarina
03-09-2005, 11:37 PM
i just slow ya down with your own frostshok, Concussive Shot, wingclip;-) Well timed Feign deaths freezing traps work great aswell;)
Reminds me of reading the US rogue/mage boards. Both classes explaining how they just do this and that to own the other class. And if the mage or rogue counters with this thing, the mage or rogue just answers with that.
Its easy to win a theoretical duel, listing all possible moves and counters. (Not saying you can't backup your words, just that this is the easy part of PvP. The forum part of it)

TheFallen
03-09-2005, 11:58 PM
Reminds me of reading the US rogue/mage boards. Both classes explaining how they just do this and that to own the other class. And if the mage or rogue counters with this thing, the mage or rogue just answers with that.
Its easy to win a theoretical duel, listing all possible moves and counters. (Not saying you can't backup your words, just that this is the easy part of PvP. The forum part of it)

Aye, wich is what we're discussing right? theoretical they aren't overpowered so i can't see why they are considered so overpowered. Is it because some classes cower in fear when they see one? that they don't bother to fight? This class was about the class being overpowered so it should be looked at theoretical.

i've encountered shamans before in 1vs1, they've killed me, i've killed them but i do not consider them overpowered at all, since i've got my ways to beat them and they got theirs.

do you have problems with shamans? as a hunter? i just don't, not more then any other class, i consider shadowpriests a greater danger then shammy's

Alakhai
04-09-2005, 12:56 AM
I just hit them really really hard with objects made of iron/steel/arcanite/whatever and hope for the best, seems to work fairly well :P

Harr
04-09-2005, 04:09 AM
/moo :) :P

Rey
04-09-2005, 10:12 AM
/moo :) :P

Stop running behind me in wg, Tsarina gives more honor!!

soulshift
04-09-2005, 10:39 AM
All I can say is 3 shamans running after me all spamming frost shock.
Got so annoyed by that.
Respawn, frost shock spam, dead, respawn, frost shock spam, dead.

Ah well taking a break from wow currently anyways. :P

Muley
04-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Here's the screenshot from WSG ;) Look... what is it? Muley taking dirt nap? http://www.shadowsongeurope.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=35&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=979

/sigh

You do /rdy...i back off a little and BAM green ray of mojo...at least let me charge ffs...and your dodge on MS followed by a miss on overpower is a farce...thats just shaman luck imo

No quiet you! or i will be force to milk ya in front of all these people

Harr
04-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Thats part of the tactic so you can't get rage from charge :P Much easier to do on duel than in open fight in WSG :P Atleast I started with purge instead of a shock right away ;)