View Full Version : Secret to beat paladins

Locowar
25-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Dammit you guys are really tough(not damage wise but it seems like every SoC crit gotta proc on me=/) and you take ages to kill>_> just so fucking boring.... so yeah how the hell do I beat you guys?

Kabhanda
25-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Mana burn, mana burn, mana burn, mana burn, mana burn, /point, /laugh, mana burn, mana burn, mana burn /mock, mana burn, dead pally.

Ashborn
25-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Simple answer: you don't. Most pallies only have one way of stopping anyone, and that's on a 1min cooldown. After that's used up there's no way they can stop you from doing whatever you want.

If you really want to kill a pally tho, well, here's some tips. Burst your damage. Pummel their heals. Bandage when you can (either get some range when they bubble up and start healing, or use hamstring. Or intimindating shout if they don't have deep wounds on them). Hope they don't have all their shields up. Hope they go oom.

TheFallen
25-08-2005, 07:04 PM
as a warrior, they're prob hard. But as a hunter, they're so damn easy;-)

Turiel
25-08-2005, 07:24 PM
I've only ever dueled pallys, being an alliance boy and all that. Its important to do something useful when they bubble. Stop trying to hit them. I've never played a warrior, but maybe get some distance so you can charge em or something once their bubble runs out. Personally, I bandage while they're healing (hey, if they're gonna heal themselves then I bloody well am too!) and then restealth.

Bagrok
25-08-2005, 09:14 PM
For the shaman:

Earthbind totem + Frostshock

Then...

Fleeeeeee!! Nerf Devine Protection + Hearthstone!

Alakhai
25-08-2005, 09:23 PM
I´ve also only duelled pallys. Being a warrior all i can say is that you need a fair amount of luck to beat them. If they have all cooldowns you have to waste them 4 times before they kill you (2 shields + Lay on hands) which is damn hard. Some paladins forget to check their health and let it slip below 20% before shielding/healing which warriors can take advantage of (execute!).
Other then that use basicly the same skills you would against a warrior and hope you can do more dmg then the pally. Bandage when they use bubbles and try to pummel as much as you can and hope for the best

Flagg
25-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Don't duel pallys much but I read about a warrior that used what he called "the shock attack" goes something like this...(sorry don't have the orignal link)

.......a pally will heal to try and keep himself above that 20% (execute) what you need is to build up a fair amount of rage and after that last swing that takes him down to around 25-30% hit him with Mortal strike, whirlwind then execute if your quick you could pull off all three before he shields and heals

any way I have yet to try this but *shrugs* maybe it'll work

-Flagg-

Ashborn
25-08-2005, 10:32 PM
Burst your damage.

I believe I already covered that :D

Flagg
25-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Burst your damage.

I believe I already covered that :D

So you did,

and I just elaborated :razz:

-Flagg-

soulshift
25-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Pally (read: robinvi) could only beat me by using swift potions. :(

Locowar
25-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Mana burn, mana burn, mana burn, mana burn, mana burn, /point, /laugh, mana burn, mana burn, mana burn /mock, mana burn, dead pally. Yeah... if only I had that skill:D

Jimothy
26-08-2005, 09:02 AM
For the shaman:

Then...

Honestly, we are a PvE server, have you ever seen a Paladin do this? I've only ever tried it once to get from Ironforge Great Forge to Stonefire Tavern (in IF) for a giggle. Tbh, I wish Blizz would remove the ability when they implement to new patch with our Killax00r spell of Doominess (tm). Thing is, if they do this all the leet kiddies and Shamans (or is that the same thing :wink: ) would be nerfed on the Blizz forums (LOL DS+HS, n00bl0zer, etc). Sensible debate may begin and who knows, with a lack of trolling posts, a blue from Blizz may see a sensible post outlining the concerns of the Paladin class and act upon it!!! :shock:

Robinvi
26-08-2005, 06:20 PM
If you really want to kill a pally tho, well, here's some tips. Burst your damage. Pummel their heals. Bandage when you can (either get some range when they bubble up and start healing, or use hamstring. Or intimindating shout if they don't have deep wounds on them). Hope they don't have all their shields up. Hope they go oom.

o_O That won't work on me mister! :wink: :wink:

Robinvi
26-08-2005, 06:21 PM

Hmmmm, duel me! I belive i beat you too, as i already beated all hunters i know on this server o_O :wink: :wink: :wink: :D

Robinvi
26-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Pally (read: robinvi) could only beat me by using swift potions. :(

LOL! Ok i said you won that duel! I couldn't focking get to you dude :wink: :wink:
Anyways i beat you the duel before and the one before that o_O

Nerf SS

Robinvi
26-08-2005, 06:28 PM
For the shaman:

Then...

Hmmmm, i replied too much here already, just a hint Bagork! When you duel me don't use your focking reaper! Use a 1 hander and shield, and then your odds dramaticly increased.. Mostly i lose to shammies (i think) since i don't have much practice with em, only in WG. But i can say this: i won 2 duels against you and finelines and bouth used a 2 hander, and i lost too Azelthon (or whatever his name is), and he use a shield and 1 hander...

hmmm, maybe i shoudn't give horde tips :wink: :wink: 8)

Damn im so n00bish :( :(

TheFallen
26-08-2005, 07:34 PM

Hmmmm, duel me! I belive i beat you too, as i already beated all hunters i know on this server o_O :wink: :wink: :wink: :D

Aspect of cheetah and start shooting ;-) and pray you don't have a large mana pool. Works vs all paladins i've duelled till now. But i'm pretty sure there exist skilled paladins that can take me out easily;-)

Robinvi
26-08-2005, 08:30 PM

Aspect of cheetah and start shooting ;-) and pray you don't have a large mana pool. Works vs all paladins i've duelled till now. But i'm pretty sure there exist skilled paladins that can take me out easily;-)

Nerf Aspect of the cheetah :wink:

Naikon
29-08-2005, 08:39 PM
For me, paladins are not a challenge, bearing in mind that they dont use lay on hands. It is simply a set routine, you dps, disarm, use plenty of mortal strike, get him to bubble and then bandage, making sure you use Insignia of the alliance when he uses Hammer of Justice and heals, and even if he sheilds again, your dps should still be large enough to win. However, without MS, you have no chance imo. Works for me anyway ^_^

Naikon
29-08-2005, 08:39 PM
For me, paladins are not a challenge, bearing in mind that they dont use lay on hands. It is simply a set routine, you dps, disarm, use plenty of mortal strike, get him to bubble and then bandage, making sure you use Insignia of the alliance when he uses Hammer of Justice and heals, and even if he sheilds again, your dps should still be large enough to win. However, without MS, you have no chance imo. Works for me anyway ^_^

Harr
29-08-2005, 11:35 PM
Yeah that MS spam messes up all that rely on healing to survive.

Jurgan
11-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Or you could wait for the new patch content... click the link *wink*

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comic.phtml?pic=29

Taurusos
12-09-2005, 07:13 AM
pummel
change to shield bash
turn ya back to him, intimidating shout for 8 sec, bandage and get back into the game

pallies are apetizers.

/Taurusos

Fithvael
12-09-2005, 10:59 AM
With healers i've always gone with the same approach of having a spell/skill that interupts as soon as they go for a heal. So once he/she/its at 20-30% and you know hes going to bubble you need to do something like Intimidating Shout>Charge>Stun?>Execute. They can probably bubble out of fear mind, or have the trinket. (in which case use Shout at the start of the duel in the hope they waste it)

Robinvi
12-09-2005, 01:36 PM

Well Naikon... You know how our duels go. You can't say im easy since i win 50% of our duels 8)

Duels ftw :D

Tsarina
12-09-2005, 01:50 PM
LOL! Ok i said you won that duel! I couldn't focking get to you dude :wink: :wink:

Its a question of leting you beat him. No pala can beat me unless I let him. Of course, I never want anyone to beat me, but when I duel palas, I run back and forth in a line. That way Robin has beaten me some times. And not only that, he actually got me three times in a row once. I don't mind losing duels, it happens from time to time. But the loladin proved him self to be a real loladin and made a big deal out of it. I don't deal with that as good as I probably should, so I challenged him again and had lost around 200 HP when I won. If we weren't in a restricted duel area, I wouldn't have lost anything. A paladin can't beat me unless I give him a chance to do so. Stop making a scene when you win, Robin.

Sinar
12-09-2005, 01:56 PM
/yawn at the entire thread Robin you need to come off whatevah high place you think you're standing son

Robinvi
12-09-2005, 02:06 PM
/yawn at the entire thread Robin you need to come off whatevah high place you think you're standing son

Well i didn't make the thread ;p
And anyways bragging ftw :lol:
Sinar, you beat me though *cry*
And all shamans that knows a bit what to do, i somehow can't handle them at all :(

JeFF
12-09-2005, 02:54 PM

Well i know someone who you haven't beat yet :P.

One certain way to beat a pally is to wait 'till he dies of old age btw.

Flagg
12-09-2005, 02:58 PM
pummel
change to shield bash
turn ya back to him, intimidating shout for 8 sec, bandage and get back into the game

pallies are apetizers.

/Taurusos

I'm pretty sure shield bash and pummel are on the same timer.

However, without MS, you have no chance imo. Works for me anyway ^_^

MS is a "magic" effect which can be cleansed (or removed with PoB not sure which tho any pala's know?), Warrior MS => Pala Cleanses => Fake out with FoL (warrior pummels) => Paladin heals in peace with HL

Holy/protection (reckonning FTW) build paladins with decent gear can own just about anything although it takes a paladin master to do so, some one who knows the class and how it should be played. However most paladins do not and tend to play the class more like a warrior.....lucky for the horde I guess.

-Flagg-

Robinvi
12-09-2005, 04:05 PM

Its a question of leting you beat him. No pala can beat me unless I let him. Of course, I never want anyone to beat me, but when I duel palas, I run back and forth in a line. That way Robin has beaten me some times. And not only that, he actually got me three times in a row once. I don't mind losing duels, it happens from time to time. But the loladin proved him self to be a real loladin and made a big deal out of it. I don't deal with that as good as I probably should, so I challenged him again and had lost around 200 HP when I won. If we weren't in a restricted duel area, I wouldn't have lost anything. A paladin can't beat me unless I give him a chance to do so. Stop making a scene when you win, Robin.

*Cry* Nerf hunters! And Swiftnesspotion ftw :wink: :lol:
Btw: Im tired of telling about duels anyways, and it seems im getting on peeps nerves.

(Robinvi stops telling about his own duels) :?
Btw: I need to duel you Jeff :)

TheFallen
12-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Oops, litle mistake;)

Flawless
12-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Warriors can be complete lamers on a pala if they use LoH, just hit beserker and go recklessness and Wtfpwn them to 20% and get a crit execute, we can be lame just as much as them so ner ner :P

Locowar
14-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Warriors can be complete lamers on a pala if they use LoH, just hit beserker and go recklessness and Wtfpwn them to 20% and get a crit execute, we can be lame just as much as them so ner ner :P
yeah I love doing that>:)

Lus
14-09-2005, 10:46 AM
For the shaman:

Then...

Honestly, we are a PvE server, have you ever seen a Paladin do this? I've only ever tried it once to get from Ironforge Great Forge to Stonefire Tavern (in IF) for a giggle. Tbh, I wish Blizz would remove the ability when they implement to new patch with our Killax00r spell of Doominess (tm). Thing is, if they do this all the leet kiddies and Shamans (or is that the same thing :wink: ) would be nerfed on the Blizz forums (LOL DS+HS, n00bl0zer, etc). Sensible debate may begin and who knows, with a lack of trolling posts, a blue from Blizz may see a sensible post outlining the concerns of the Paladin class and act upon it!!! :shock:

I have seen this happen, at least 3 times. Fist one didnt make it cause he did hit hs a bit too late and when he got out of bubble it was just stun and whoop his sorry arse :P

2 other occations they did escape :(

Sethanon
28-10-2005, 06:11 AM

funny i feel the same way about hunters =], dont care if their 110% epic their still easy =]

Azelton
28-10-2005, 06:48 AM
Yarr, having fought/dueled several paladins, (including robinvi, I won ofc ;) ) i'd say say it depends on your class. Either the easy way: go crazy dps, or the hard way: outlast them, tho that takes bloody ages.
But fighting pallys 1v1 in Bgs is just useless. Most of the time paladin will just keep healing/bubbling untill he gets some friends, who can actually do some damage, to gank you.

Ashborn
28-10-2005, 07:03 AM
I find that crazy dps combined with control works wonders.

Chonsette
28-10-2005, 03:06 PM
funny i feel the same way about hunters =], dont care if their 110% epic their still easy =]

meh, your no normal pallie!
when I tried to mana drain you, I ended up losing more mana than you did :cry:
Anyways, someone said earlier paladins beat hunters if the hunter lets them, which sums it up pretty well.

Sethanon
03-11-2005, 06:33 AM
well yea you can kite me forever but you wont kill me that way .. kinda same as me duelling a druid who doesnt want to die =]

Flawless
03-11-2005, 01:20 PM
How to beat a pala: Just do it.

How to beat sethanon: ...Its just impossible.

Locowar
03-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Almost beat him in a duel.. twice:P

Harr
03-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Almost as before shielded and healed back to full ?-)
(I have done that too ;) )

Robinvi
03-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Me sux at Shamans :(
Indeed beating an uber epic haladin like seth is nerly impossible... We dueled for 50 mins before he respecced! That was so much fun :lol:

Abberare
03-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Dunno if it's been mentioned but evasion is great for killing Pallies :) It just makes me so happy to use that against a plate wearer and not instantly get smashed into the floor.

Sinar
03-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Has this thread been shifted here from the old sse forum? I swear we had this exact same thread with similiar if not identical replies

Flawless
04-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Dont think so :p

Kenny
08-11-2005, 05:38 PM
You don't! :lol: :P

Senex
29-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Mana burn, mana burn, mana burn, mana burn, mana burn, /point, /laugh, mana burn, mana burn, mana burn /mock, mana burn, dead pally.
I wholeheartedly endorse this product and/or service, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Cassina
01-12-2005, 04:46 PM
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/790/einstein6yt.jpg

Narf
10-12-2005, 07:36 PM
I usually ignore them in AB :P

except when they're healing :p

Sheriden
02-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Every Paladin is Different.

They all use different equipment and different Talents. What works against 1 paladin doesn't work against all paladins.

When a paladin runs around braging he has beat you its coz he normaly gets beat.

If i get beat then i get beat, if i win then i win. Its no big deal really, Just ask Gruze, we sit outside IF and take turns beating each other some nights just coz we are bored, hell I even let him get crit shots on my rogue to see if he can 1 shot him.

If your going to duel a Paladin tho dont expect him to play as every other Paladin does. If you want to beat him tho kill his mana pool and you'll kill him.

Sheriden... :twisted: 8) :twisted:

lamborman
26-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Its not that hard to kill a paladin as a warrrior. Its just that most warriors don't know what they are doing. Disarm is usually your friend, use it once in a while. As a warrior you just need to kite a pally. Hamstring Hamstring Hamstring. Run, run. Get some rage and then run, MS,run, intercept etc etc. If he uses blessing of freedom, then Disarm. When he heals, pummel. And when he Bubbles, run like hell and then bandage.

Pretty easy. Most of warriors just usually try to DPS kill me, while I take like half of their life, then when I'm low, I just bubble, wait for him to start first aid, Holy shock or Concecrate, heal up and then bring him down.

Chopper
26-01-2006, 07:16 PM
As a warrior you just need to kite a pally.

Isn't "kiting" when you repeatedly snare or root an opponent, and use ranged attacks from a safe distance?

Ashborn
26-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Kiting is when you purposely stay out of melee range until such a time as it suits you.

Chopper
26-01-2006, 11:00 PM
...which makes much more sense. ty.

Chonar
27-01-2006, 12:21 AM
And for those who dont bandage in duels?

I've beaten my share of paladins, but some of the more epic'd out ones are rather tough. :p

Trupiaczacha
27-01-2006, 01:50 AM
i duel only Sethanon and i win 8) prob luck... but i did it and never use sheep.

Harr
27-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Sethanon must be cursing your well timed counterspell ;)

Sethanon
15-02-2006, 07:21 AM
nerf counterspell ;(
and lamborman i would just judge you to death :)

/Seth

Exitlight
15-02-2006, 08:49 AM
For all the Shamans here (no manaburn): Purge purge purge, let them rebuff and waste mana. When the pally bubbles and heals, heal yourself too.

penelope
16-02-2006, 11:56 AM
For all the Shamans here (no manaburn): Purge purge purge, let them rebuff and waste mana. When the pally bubbles and heals, heal yourself too.
In duels pally will have at least one buff.U cant remove his ayra,and one buff cost 120mana max.And with epic equipment palas has over 7k mana.Btw,as Seth wrote,judging is the key to succes.And we can judge every 8 sec.And if is critical u will be judged for 1.3-1.4k damage.Btw i never has the chance to duel shaman(since i am not doing to much pvp).But i hope some day we wil do a tournament on DM or STV arena and hope to make a duel with shaman .Looking forward to it!
P.S: a paladin dont have a chance against lock and shadow priest.(nerf fear..:P)

Robinvi
20-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Epix geared Pallie with manaregen/int focus>shadowpriest :P

Harr
20-02-2006, 03:38 PM

That will never work against Sethanon. He just has (or had until paladin talent rework) so crazy mana regen that its impossible to get even close same with a shaman. And that purge costs way too much mana to spam it all the time. Only way to defeat pally like Sethanon as a shammy is just to dish out so much burst damage that can't heal it (after using all his/her cooldowns on shields and lay on hands ;) ). (Engineering bomb stun might help too, which I don't have :( )

Chonar
20-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Try hamstringing them and then outrun the duration of their judgings. It'll put their DPS right back down there where it belongs.

Like ferocious critters. Like those in the tram!

Locowar
21-02-2006, 06:50 AM
Old topic:P
Barely bother with em nowadays.... might as well go kill some squishies while the paladins are hitting on you.
(oh noez! stop hurting me)

Sethanon
21-02-2006, 01:11 PM
yea i only do about 2k+ dmg in 3 seconds please ignore me >:)

Bleetman
22-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Try hamstringing
Blessing of Freedom > Hamstring.

Locowar
22-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Friendly shaman pops up "hai guyz purge" :)

Chonar
23-02-2006, 12:21 AM
Try hamstringing
Blessing of Freedom > Hamstring.

Then I'll hamstring again! Hamagad!

Bleetman
23-02-2006, 01:20 AM
*rubs chin*

Wait 5 seconds, recast BoF?

Fillion
23-02-2006, 02:27 AM
/picketpocket Hearthstone

/attack.

In all seriousness though, I honestly say I haven't been able to be a pally in a fight. Namely due to the stun/bubble then heal combo.

Exitlight
23-02-2006, 11:18 AM
/picketpocket Hearthstone

/attack.
LMFAO!

Bleetman
23-02-2006, 06:06 PM
/use Goblin Dimension Ripper

Aha!

Fillion
25-02-2006, 02:24 AM
/use Goblin Dimension Ripper