View Full Version : Hello? 0_o

TheFallen
18-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Every class forum has its topics but the warlocks not?!?.

Well, just to start atleast 1 topic here;-) here ya go.

Hunters own warlocks these days :D Long live Pet exploit! :lol: :lol:

Ashborn
18-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Pft. No hunter owns me.

TheFallen
18-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Normally we shouldn't, but i'm talking about normal warlocks. You just, well, Own and have some sick gear :shock: .

But when you can't fear pets anymore(due to exploit) you'll have alot more trouble!:-) Hah! i can say this since all hunter forums are spammed by it, doesn't matter anymore :evil:

Hephaestos
18-08-2005, 11:15 PM
the forum would be filled with so many "shards suck", "we need defence skill" and last but not least "nerf those fkn rogues!" posts that the server will soon be overloaded, so instead, we just flood the WOW official forums.

next to that, warlocks eat hunters (aslong not trapped). and if a hunter would exploit any pet crap, id pull out my secret hidden crap and kick your ass anyway :P

ehneh way, theres not much we have to say because every warlock is all knowing and supreme, hence, posting any actual warlock info/hits/tips is totally not needed =)

nuff said :P

TheFallen
18-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Aha! they live! :P Just checking if there were any warlocks 8)

Rey
18-08-2005, 11:32 PM
remove shards, make howl of terror instant and Ashen give me ur sword

Ashborn
18-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Noes. Teh sword is mine.

Athena
18-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Weee :D Warlock here.. probably not for much longer though.. I've all but given up on them.

It's quite fun when the only way we can do damage is with all that damage gear, and then you get to fights like Ragnaros and need to wear your fire resist stuff instead leaving you on the bottom of the dps class damage meter.

Not that I'm complaining.

TheFallen
19-08-2005, 12:05 AM
every class has it's issues i guess, look at us hunters(we are getting a major buff though).

although i'd hate to use shards:-/:) really anoying:o

Poledra
20-08-2005, 12:12 PM
I don't really find shards all that annoying like some people do, after 50 levels of having to collect them, it's become like second nature and it's not particurly hard to get them either.

I do think they should make howl of terror instant cast though ;O I've died so many times in WSG because i'd stood there trying to cast it while getting raped by rogues.

btw, nerf rogues ;O Though i do find running around in circles while my Imp blasts them with firebolts works great :D

Rey
20-08-2005, 04:25 PM
I don't really find shards all that annoying like some people do, after 50 levels of having to collect them, it's become like second nature and it's not particurly hard to get them either.

I usually run out of shards after 2-3 serious matches in WG (starting with 3 bags), spellstone here helthstone there, resisted shadowburn, D/C re-summon succubus, a duel or 2 outside...shards goes fast. And than i need to ride to felwood and farm another 50 fulborgs, and again and again.

Poledra
20-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Ahhh, well.. I do instance runs inbetween my WSG trips unless it's late at night, so i restock on shards then, I usually only run around with 14 at one time.

I don't really use my shard pets in WSG either, my imp goes just about everywhere with me. So the only real thing I use it on is healthstones and shadowburn, which more often than not doesn't give the shard it takes, obviously i'm gaging the amount of life left wrong or something. heh.

But, I still don't find soulshards all that that much of a burdon. It's one of the things that makes Warlocks unique.

Rey
20-08-2005, 05:31 PM
It's one of the things that makes Warlocks unique.

Exactly, we are the only class that needs to farm reagents to be balanced with the other classes

and before someone says omgAshenpwnzallnerfwarlock, that are skills not warlock overpowerness

Poledra
20-08-2005, 05:36 PM
True, but don't other classes need regeants that cost them money? At least we don't have to buy them & don't hunters have to scoure the realm to find the different skills for their pets, as well as level them up? Our demons rise with us, we may have to buy their tombs, but our spells are alot cheaper than other classes from what I've seen on alts and from what guild members have said.

There's alot of good things about warlocks, and each class has their own crosses to bear ours just happens to be in the form of a soul. :)

Rey
20-08-2005, 05:44 PM
id prefer to buy shards >_>

Ashborn
20-08-2005, 05:50 PM
omgAshenpwnzallnerfwarlock

I'm so gonna take that out of context and quote it everywhere.

Rey
20-08-2005, 06:00 PM
lol
omg
all warlocks put this as ur sign!!

maybe they'll nerf shards!! :twisted:

Poledra
20-08-2005, 06:28 PM
lol, I prefer to save for my epic mount ;p

Athena
22-08-2005, 03:30 PM
I hope this upcoming soulshard bag actually generates them over time or something.. do Blizzard really think most people complain about having to use a lot of bag space? I carry 2x 16s bags full of them at most times, if I run an instance I simply don't replace one of the bags if I need space for loot, I do just fine.

Of course more space would be a nice extra but more space just = more farming. :/

Rey
22-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Shards are not a problem in pve but pvp
And most ppl pvp, just look at the number of pve and pvp servers

Flaze
23-08-2005, 12:01 AM
why isnt shards stackable...
and yeah rey for pvp is like ratio of using 10 shards and getting probably 2...

Hephaestos
23-08-2005, 01:52 AM
poldera, you saying u start wg with 14 shards and running around with an imp sez enough.

ofcourse you wont have much shard usage, but in turn your only working at 60% capacity, not ever fully using pets (hello suckybus!), stones, shadowburns etc.

GG, but i prefer to play 100% or not at all tbh.

sadly enough shards isnt the only problem.

what i hate as "master of the dots" is that we only have 1 untallented insta dot (coa) and its buggs as hell. and no, im not counting drains, that shit is stationary.

Now lets check out coa bugs:
- doesnt do dmg after tgt stealths
- doesnt do dmg when distance is too big
- doesnt do dmg after lock died

next there is corruption, to get it instant costs 5 points its lower dmg in total then coa, but atleast it functions like coa should have been.

As a md/ruin lock i really miss a non-bugged instacast dot against rogues/druids and that for a "master of the dots and debuffs".

nut then again, blizz will remove us in a couple of patch versions anyway, so who cares ^_^

Gruze
23-08-2005, 04:36 AM
if a hunter would exploit any pet crap, id pull out my secret hidden crap and kick your ass anyway :P

HA! I exploit no other than your pet

Psonica
23-08-2005, 05:11 AM
nut then again, blizz will remove us in a couple of patch versions anyway, so who cares ^_^

Leaked patchnotes from 2.31.0:

* The warlock class has been replaced by the toothfairie class.

* New spell: Dispell Karies (dispells karies and makes you teeth whiter).

* There is a new repetable quest only available to toothfairies: 'The teeth that binds us'. A Toothfairie Quartermaster located in Sageras Toomb will accept donations of various stacks of teeth in exchange for Toothfairie reputation.

...aw, it's just too early.

Meri
23-08-2005, 05:18 AM
Master of dots, wielder of shadow... Hmm, I think a Shadow priest got the better deal in that (Pain being the best DoT in game, Mindblast the best nuke, and Mindflay by far the best damage to mana in time ratio, and when they fix the Vampiric Embrace bug... *ramblemode*) but then again, Locks have AoE, fire as an alternative efficient damagesource, and ofcource the pet.
Some dork told my Shadow Priest that she should reroll as a Lock. Meh, play both. Hell, play them all, I loved my Affliction Lock in beta, and I'm loving my Destro Lock now, I love my Shadowpriestess, and my newish Mage is hella fun too.
I think I had some point there somewhere but I prolly lost it. :P

Oh yeah, unnerf Marksmanship :P

Locowar
24-08-2005, 05:27 AM
Tried a lock on test realm(yes you target the enemy and it crashes>_>) was fun though:) had 10 fights without crashes... and it was quite fun.... and yeah it sucks to farm shards.... but overall a fun class, hard to master though
PS: Buff Fury warriors:O

Poledra
24-08-2005, 07:52 AM
I like my imp, I use stones and I use shadow burn when the target is mostly dead, I also drain soul in WSG, Soo... I get them back?

But, I don't spend all my time in WSG, I spend most of my time in instances, while there i restock the shards i did USE in WSG. I think I mentioned that in my first post.

kilnesh
31-08-2005, 09:40 PM
there should be some spell so we can summon shards at a small money cost
like evry other class who get their reagents