View Full Version : 1.7 Patch Changes for Hunters...

Felwen
16-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Hi guys,

I was wondering what the 60 Hunters on the forum think of the upcoming talent changes for Hunters in patch 1.7?

TheFallen
16-08-2005, 06:31 PM
i for one love them.

When we look at the changes:

- MM: TSA got buffed, Aimed shot got buffed, Hawk eye moved higher up the tree.
- Mortal shots nerfed: just 8% less crit damage, wortht he sacrifice when looking at other changes if you ask me.

- BM: Spirit bond nerfed, Painfull loss indeed but BM users get lots of other good talents: Intimidation, wrath thingy, will make your pet feared among others;-)

- Survival: Complete new tree, a good one for a change.

- pet customization.

--- What do my eyes see? 2 nerfs, over a hundred buffs. Nuff said

about mortal shots: 8% less crit damage but if you go survival you'll crit alot more(and when taking humanoid slaying it won't be 8% loss...)

But that's just my opinion;-) I love the changes, some people want them never to be released, can't see why though.

Meri
16-08-2005, 06:41 PM
some people want them never to be released, can't see why though.

Well, once you have finally become comfortable with the somewhat bad trees (not the worst though), Blizzard changing them makes you do all the talent agonizing all over again. ;) And this time they choices are even harder than before. :/
I expect despite the free respec I'll be spending at least 100g to try out the 31 talents in both BM and Surv...though Wyvern Sting isn't nearly as good as the hype. (except in PvP, where it's just insanely good. Spot enemy, Wyvern, Feing, trap(obviously not frozen), Aimed, and then the usual stuff. :P Personally I'm not too thrilled about a sting being an Survival end talent, they could've put it as a 21 talent in MM, and made Scatter a standard skill.
I just really really really hope that besides the buffs they will fix at least few of the hundred+ bugs Hunters and especially our pets suffer from.

TheFallen
16-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Well, that's what they've promised us :o

They are working on our deadzone and other stuff(that's what they say) but i dobut those changes will come out in 1.7 :D I'm hoping though

Jurgan
17-08-2005, 03:28 AM
As far as I know, the Deadzone isn't being touched. So they maybe adding other skills to get back to range as well as Wingclip and Scattershot. I dunno.

Also heard Cats are getting stealth and wolves are getting a group attack buff or some description.

Gruze
17-08-2005, 05:18 AM
There's nothing wrong with our deadzone it's perfect tbh..

Rukia
17-08-2005, 07:26 AM
Hm, well as a BM hunter at the moment, I'm not thrilled with the changes because they include removing SB and replacing it with a skill that gives you as good value for talent points as Lacerate did. None. I know SB is the only thing that has won me several 1vs1, in particular against shamans. While it's a more situational skill than Scattershot, I feel it's also more valuable when used right. This does not mean it would be overpowered as a 21 point talent.

Leaving my bitterness about this aside, I'm very happy with the new survival tree and will probably be messing around with 31/20 or 20/31 Surv/MM. Maybe even 30/21. For Wyvern Sting to be on par with 31 point talents I think it should be made usable in combat. That's not even coming close to hax0r, in my opinion, since it's only a 12 sec CC - we still have nothing on mages and polymorph or even warlock's seduce.

Bring on the test servers.

TheFallen
17-08-2005, 09:39 AM
As far as I know, the Deadzone isn't being touched. So they maybe adding other skills to get back to range as well as Wingclip and Scattershot. I dunno.

Also heard Cats are getting stealth and wolves are getting a group attack buff or some description.

And i quote from wow europe hunter forums, you might want to check it out;-)

Dodge This – Wait, You’re in the Dead Zone

The Dead Zone (the area between ranged and melee attack range where no attacks can damage your opponent) has been a source of frustration for all Hunters alike. The developers acknowledge that this is a problem, and while they have no specifics yet, they will be working on alleviating the problem with this aspect of the class.

and another quote from US forums

You can now train your pet in passive abilities such as increased Armor, Stamina, Fire Resistance, Nature Resistance, Shadow Resistance, Frost Resistance, and Arcane Resistance using their training points.

In addition, there are specialized abilities for certain types of pets:

* Bats, Owls, and Carrion Birds can now learn the Screech ability, a fast, single-target attack that also lowers the attack power of all enemies within melee range of the pet.
* Cats can now learn the Stealth ability. In addition to being unseen, they receive a damage bonus for their first attack coming out of Stealth.
* Scorpids can now learn Scorpid Poison. This poison deals Nature damage over time and stacks up to five times on a single enemy.
* Wolves can now learn Furious Howl. The howl adds a flat amount of damage to all nearby party members' next attack (within 15 yards).

The training point costs for all pet abilities have been rebalanced, and Growl is now free for all pets. You can untrain your pet's training points from any Pet Trainer in the major cities for a fee. Similar to talent respecs, untraining a specific pet scales up as you do it more times: 10s, 50s, 1g, 2g, 3g, etc... capping at 10g.