View Full Version : Ashkandi, and the meaning of life

NaHaliel
30-03-2012, 11:47 PM
The love of my life is softly breathing into my shoulder as I write this, sound asleep, but holding onto me as if afraid to lose me.

Soft and beautiful she is, warming my soul with her very presence. Two years ago we barely spoke, and she is now my wife. Words cannot describe the depth of feeling whole when everything feels so right that the only thing you fear is that the status quo will come to an end. Five years ago I sat back to back with another woman playing WoW and thought life was harmony, but now I see all too clearly that I was just filling a void with something that meant nothing.

I have wielded the mightiest of weapons in all tiers until I quit. I was mocked at first, but held steadfast. I have set out to perform the best with a class that was worst suited for it, and succeeded.

I don't know what caused me to revisit this site and write this, to be honest. I am not even fully sure what I want to say, but I feel strangely driven. I fondly remember every minute of my time online (and retrospectively gape in awe and disgust at time /played and /wasted), but do not miss a second of it. I am also drunk at the moment, but I guess you have inferred that by now.

If you can hit #2 dps on Nefarian in vanilla WoW, you can probably do anything in life. Why aren't you?

I have held Ashkandi in my hand and felt it meant something. Pressing buttons in impeccable perfection, I have shamed rogues, mages and warlocks as a paladin. Torch of the Damned. Ditto. I have led a guild at a time I should not have, and disappeared... Once I met Her, and she met me.

Numbers in a utility mod. Purple colors on a character screen. Accomplishments that seem to mean so much, but are stored in a place a couple of microns wide and actually mean nothing.

Pixels. They get smaller every day, but will never reach the quantum scale of reality, where even the tiniest atom has been across the entire universe, if only in its probabilistic wavelength. You. You press the same buttons across a dreamy deja vu that offers no grandeur.

I have held Ashkandi, and I won. My prize breathes into my shoulder, and nothing else in the world matters.

Turiel
31-03-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm honestly not sure if you're saying Ashkandi is the love of your life or you found a real girl? :P

Sema
31-03-2012, 05:34 PM
nothing wrong with a man wanting some ass candy...

Vegelus
31-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Nothing wrong with drunk man posting...

;)

Turiel
01-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Best post in a year tbh ;)