View Full Version : [A] Saturday GDKP - 24 March 3pm-6:30pm (DS 25)

Myrgthe
17-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Join the gdkp channel in-game: /join gdkp

#################################
Details:
25 man DS Full Clear
3pm-6:30pm
Saturday, 24 March
Loot Distribution: GDKP
#################################

What is a GDKP / Gold Run ?
http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t77416-g...d_your_server/
Can't be bothered looking? Bid for drops with gold, then the gold gets split between everyone at the end.

How much do I need to bring?
It depends on what your aims are. Are you joining with a low geared alt to buy lots of items? Then bring lots of gold! Are you a well geared main who wants to EARN lots of gold? Then don't bring any .

How much do items cost?
Minimum bid for DS boss items: 2000g
Minimum bid for tier tokens: 2000g
Minimum bid for BoE epix: 4000g
Minimum bid for weapons: 4000g

Minimum bid for legendary pieces: 500g

What gear level do I need?
There's basically three type of people who will be coming to the raid:
Those coming to earn gold by carrying everyone else. You need i395+ (t13) level gear.
Those who want some specific items, but are decently geared. You need i380 level gear.
Those who have lots of gold and want to buy lots of stuff. No gear requirement.

Okay, how do I signup!
Just reply to this post with the following details:

Character Name: <name>
Class & Role: <class> <role>
Avg level gear: <ilvl(X)>
Gold willing to spend: <amount>

====================================
Preliminary List:
Several people did not write all the sign up info. I'm not clairvoyant, perfect memory, nor have the desire to figure it out in armoury. Please sign correctly in the future. I'm not on the list. One spot open after that.
Šeemer
Kénpachķ
Imaplate
Salcn
Areyn
Mumblez
Zenjix

Moozaman
Llewelynn
Goldhearted
Zpix
Sneakyruud
Stocker
Dweezil
Sherigen
Parvatii
Fentastik
Anisixos
Elessarss
Aminn
Nicotinus
Mathers
Yhull

Moozi
17-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Moozaman
Enchancement Shaman, DPS
389 ilvl
50k gold to spend

Fentality
17-03-2012, 10:56 PM
fentastik the fantastik dk signing up.

Goldhearted
17-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Character Name: Goldhearted
Class & Role: Deathknight Frost
Avg level gear: Ilvl 390
Gold willing to spend: 90.000 gold

(Buying for both Spec's )

Santere
18-03-2012, 06:23 AM
Character name: shandow
Class/role: feral dps
Average ilvl:391
Gold to spend: 30k

Character name: Anisixos
Class/role: hunter
Average ilvl:391
Gold to spend: 30k

Pyroglyphic
18-03-2012, 09:14 AM
dammit, gotta pull out ive been called to work sat now :((

Fliqpy
18-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Zpix
Feral kitty

Ruud
18-03-2012, 11:06 AM
The textbody in the first post still mentions 17 march btw :D

In order of what I prefer to bring :

Character: Sneakyruud
Class and spec: Rogue - Assassination
Average Itemlevel: 391

Character: Ruud
Class and spec: Priest - Holy
Average Itemlevel: 387

Character: Holyruud
Class and spec: Paladin - ret/prot
Average Itemlevel: 377/388
note: have only tanked LFR, prot specc is a last resort

Gold to spend: 27k +

Curufinwė
18-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Character Name: Elessarss
Class & Role: Shadow Priest
Avg level gear: 392
Gold willing to spend: 20k

Yhull
18-03-2012, 01:26 PM
I will prolly work this saturday to 15:00, will be available around 15:15pm so if a spot will be available for me I take it.

Same characters
Yhull
mental shaman

or my rogue if shaman have to go with guild, will know later on
Zhell
Combat rogue

gold to spend 100k

Šåń
18-03-2012, 02:07 PM
name: Šeemer
class: Dk
Spec: Tank
Ilvl: low enough to spend serious gold
ammount:170k

Aminn
18-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Character name: Aminn
Class/Role Hunter
Average ilvl: 392
Gold am going to spend this week: 60k

inacup
18-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Slumber had to fill in for main-raiding this reset, so signing with the pala

Imaplate
Holy / Prot / Ret
all specs about 384 ilvl

Stocker
18-03-2012, 11:47 PM
12 signups before monday. nice guys.

Lets make that 13.

Stocker
Ret pally

SalcN
19-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Resto Shaman / Disc Priest
Both around 380 gear
50k'ish gold

DPSing has simply become to boring .. But if nothing else is possible i can go Enhancement/Shadow

shinsou
19-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Character Name: Kénpachķ
Class & Role DK tank
Avg level gear: 384
Gold willing to spend: Enough

Canute
19-03-2012, 03:14 PM
alot of old faces in the last raid. thought I'd join the fun

Character Name: Dweezil
Class & Role: Feral druid
Avg level gear: 395
Gold willing to spend: 50k

Nicotinus
19-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Character Name: Nicotinus
Class & Role: Fire mage
Avg level gear: 395

Character Name: Eternalus
Class & Role: Holy priest
Avg level gear: 392

Character Name: Worburak
Class & Role: Blood DK
Avg level gear: 374 (probably a bit higher by saturday)

Gold willing to spend: 50k

I might have to keep the mage or priest unsaved for a guild raid, but I doubt it since we have problems getting 10 ppl online lately :(

Edit: Nope, no guild raid this week, I'd prefer coming on the mage if possible :) Otherwise it would have to be the priest I guess since my DK doesn't have DPS gear and has never tanked DS before...

Oronack
19-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Character Name: Mįximus
Class & Role: Blood Tank / Unholy dps
Avg level gear: 392 / 389
Gold willing to spend: 40k

Character Name: Mathers
Class & Role: Fire dps
Avg level gear: 393
Gold willing to spend: 30k

Oro can come to heal or dps if needed

Sheriden
19-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Character Name: Sherigen
Class & Role: Druid Feral
Avg level gear: 378
Gold willing to spend: 150K

gavbon
20-03-2012, 11:44 PM
usually come on solpadol

but signing up on following char

Areyn
il385
Disc/Holy Priest
About 80k gold to spend

got 8/8 on most of my chars

would love to come and fill your pot ;)

Sinistera
22-03-2012, 10:29 AM
parvatii
il389
Enhancement Shaman
~100k

Llewelynn
22-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Llewelynn
Combat rogue
ilvl 399

or prot warr, or fire mage each of which are at 395-ish.

lorlad
23-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Here we go again!

Mumblez
Resto Druid/feral
Ilvl 380
30k....ish

Zeoste
23-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Zenjix
holy/ret pally
ilvl 402
20k ish only after certain drops due to being very well geared already

Nadale
24-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Char - Zarxen
Class - Death Knight
Spec - Frost
Ilvl - 389
Gold To Spend - 85k

Stocker
24-03-2012, 05:40 PM
8780 Gold per person

6 bosses down.

Fentality
25-03-2012, 12:27 AM
i don't want to sound like im being mean and making the runs less fun, but could we please make more of an effort to keep those that have been blacklisted out of the runs. i remember a conversation on vent one week where someone who had been blacklisted was in the raid again failing. the guy who was kicked from the raid and querceus tonight has been failing before. the tank we had today wasn't great (the dk), we was yelling at him on spine to move, pick up bloods etc but he was just monging about. it would be nice to continue moving forward with the run and picking up big pots but its not gunna happen if we can't even kill deathwing each week. last week was awesome, this time not so much.

Stocker
25-03-2012, 01:36 AM
First of all, there is no blacklist.
I asked for votes to get an idea of who the raid thinks should get blacklisted. Those were logged and are still taken into account when making the list for new runs. We do have our eyes open and we do see who fails and who sucks (and who's good, who's not afraid of spending etcetc), it doesn't mean that no one can make mistakes or that making mistakes will result in being blacklisted immediately. In fact, I recall you making several mistakes yourself as well.

GDKP is not as simple as "bring the best players". You need people with gold, so sometimes that includes crappy rich players. GDKP has always had room for those people. Obviously it needs to be balanced and you can't fill a whole raid with them. With new people (and new gold) coming and going, there will be some crappier ones sometimes and sometimes we'll get less bosses down. That's just how it is. Also sometimes we get lower pots while killing just as many bosses.

I think this week was a succesful run. We've pushed out what we could with the players we had. At spine we had problems with 1 tank, we were lacking some healing power the whole run and we were missing some burst dps as well. There was no workable solution without replacing people.
With the 8.7k pot, that was our 2nd highest pot so far. ( That's with a tank who didn't show up and rogues who were supposed to bid on the shards and missing some of our regular healers )

Btw, the tank and other person you mentioned together put about 40k from the 219k in this week's pot. And they were partially responsible for raising bids for about another 40-50k of the pot. If they weren't there this week, we would have left with about 5-6k each instead of 8.7k.

With 7 months of GDKP in ICC, doing 3 runs per weekend for months, Myr does actually know what she's doing.

Fentality
25-03-2012, 02:34 AM
well i only mentioned the word blacklist since myr said about it on vent the other week:)

i know i have made a couple of button related mistakes on ultraxion, shit happens, im not claiming to be perfect. what was meant to come across in my post was that there is a difference between mistakes and not knowing what to do. even after being told on vent. i appreciate some people are big spenders but it was a tad annoying for me having drops from spine and madness id like to have bidded on, weps+trinkets usually are going for alot

anyway, wasnt having a go or slaggin anyone off (unusual for me:p) the post was more the way i was thinking after the run had ended today.

quick edit after reading your post once more and to summarise where im coming from: im not saying take only the best, or make a mistake and you cant ever come again. but people who clearly don't know what they are doing and who don't improve should, imo, not be able to come again:)

thurlog
25-03-2012, 08:56 PM
There's basically three type of people who will be coming to the raid:
Those coming to earn gold by carrying everyone else. You need i395+ (t13) level gear.
Those who want some specific items, but are decently geared. You need i380 level gear.
Those who have lots of gold and want to buy lots of stuff. No gear requirement.

time to adjust the 'rules' and add the level of competence you expect?

Feihcretsam
25-03-2012, 10:13 PM
GDKP has always had a blacklist. Being undergeared is no problem at all, fucking up is however (regardless of how much gold you are spending).

Back when GDKP was clearing most of ICC on heroic the leader made sure to invite people that could handle the difficulty level, for example alts of heroic raiders over people with 0 heroic experience.
However in ICC times we had so many GDKP sign ups that we could leave someone out after making the same mistake twice, I don't know how many you have at the moment but if it isn't over 35 then you probably have to accept that people will mess up and you can't do alot about it.

The one and only person that mastered the GDKP raid balance system was Ringstar, he is responsible for the amazing ICC gdkps we had and everything that you guys are doing right now is based on the way he was leading things. Those who were there know how big the difference between saturday, sunday and saturday evening was. Right now you are playing with the people that lead the sunday runs, not the people that made the groups and also not the people that were leading the A runs.

Even though this sounds negative, it isn't meant that way. Sunday runs were doing great and Myr did a great job. Just don't compare the current runs to the times where GDKP had realm #5 on raid progress with like 9 ICC heroic bosses on farm and a 13-14k pot every week.

Stocker
26-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Those who were there know how big the difference between saturday, sunday and saturday evening was. Right now you are playing with the people that lead the sunday runs, not the people that made the groups and also not the people that were leading the A runs.

Actually that's not entirely true and also the 3 runs were designed to be different from each other.

The Saturday day time run was the "original" run and has been lead by Ringstar every week. Due to the high popularity of that run, it had so many sign ups that a second raid could be filled. The Sunday run was added to provide more raiding spots, and both runs were considered part of the official SSE gdkp runs with signups in the same thread. It's important to note that the Sunday run was not supposed to compete with the Saturday run. The idea was that the Saturday day run should not suffer with the introduction of a 2nd raid, while at the same time the 2nd raid should be a viable group that can kill bosses. The results were there, the Saturday run where the progress kills were made which also lead to higher pots, the Sunday run did more kills on normal with the pots actually not that far behind and sometimes they were even higher than the Saturday pot.
(A little side effect was that people favored signing up for the Saturday run but most people actually came to both raids and had fun in both raids.)

The Saturday Evening GDKP was a different one. Even with 2 succesful GDKP raids running, there were still people who didn't get a spot for the official gdkp raids, people with free alts and people who would like to do something on Saturday evening. For those people The Saturday Evening GDKP was started. Again this GDKP group was not designed to compete with the Saturday day time run and also not with the Sunday one. In fact, in the separate sign up thread for this run I believe people were told specifically to sign up to the official runs first, and that the evening run would provide spots for those who did not get a spot on the Saturday day or Sunday run.

The current DS runs have a high number of people coming and going and we're getting about 25 sign ups every week, with a more stable team and good players and a bit more people signing up more progress can be made. It just takes a little bit of time to build towards that. Don't forget GDKP on SSE started in fall 2009 with ToC and the ICC runs took several months until peaking in Summer of 2010.

Anyways sign up, tell good and rich players (preferably both properties in the same player) to sign up.

Feihcretsam
26-03-2012, 03:47 AM
Actually what I said was very true :P I never claimed there was competition, I am just making sure that people are not comparing these current runs to the great ICC runs there were. They were lead by different people and with a different goal.

- currently people are playing with people that were involved with the 2 lesser GDKP runs
- these people did not make the groups for these runs, only the saturday evening one was formed by someone other than ringstar

In other words: the current leaders have alot less experience in forming and leading progress-attuned GDKP runs.

I don't think you can expect the old level of GDKP anymore, there were alot of mains signing back then (like me, notrick, shinsou.) I check the WoL of the current GDKP and nobody is playing at a level anywhere near heroic raiding guilds, where in ICC we competed with, and beat, alot of guilds and got WoL ranks on almost every fight. Not to mention the retarded 10/25 lockout merge.

and aye, I was there when GDKP started in ToC and people went crazy when 15k was bid on the first Justicebringer. A 4k pot?! sweet!
A couple of months later: Heroic Deathbringer's Will, opening bid 50k. No problem.

lorlad
26-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Actually what I said was very true :P I never claimed there was competition, I am just making sure that people are not comparing these current runs to the great ICC runs there were. They were lead by different people and with a different goal.

- currently people are playing with people that were involved with the 2 lesser GDKP runs
- these people did not make the groups for these runs, only the saturday evening one was formed by someone other than ringstar

In other words: the current leaders have alot less experience in forming and leading progress-attuned GDKP runs.

I don't think you can expect the old level of GDKP anymore, there were alot of mains signing back then (like me, notrick, shinsou.) I check the WoL of the current GDKP and nobody is playing at a level anywhere near heroic raiding guilds, where in ICC we competed with, and beat, alot of guilds and got WoL ranks on almost every fight. Not to mention the retarded 10/25 lockout merge.

and aye, I was there when GDKP started in ToC and people went crazy when 15k was bid on the first Justicebringer. A 4k pot?! sweet!
A couple of months later: Heroic Deathbringer's Will, opening bid 50k. No problem.

ahhh 50k opening bid on HC DW those where the days!

Stocker
26-03-2012, 11:56 AM

It's kind of silly to compare the current DS run which only exists for less than a month to the old GDKP at it's peak. It's not a surprise that when you look at WoL's of alts and people gearing up from normal runs that they are not ranked on WoL.
If you desperately want to compare the current DS run with the old ICC one, you should look at the ICC one back in February-March 2010 (they're actually still in this forum), that's about the stage we're in right now. Just getting enough sign ups to raid, while killing bosses in normal mode and getting pretty decent pots. Hopefully more people will sign up, and more good players decide to join us when we start doing heroics. Not to compete with other guilds, but just because that's where you progress to. I'm not saying we'll be doing hc spine by summer but a few hc bosses could be possible.

I want to clarify this as it might be misleading to people not reading carefully. Myrgthe does indeed have less experience in actually leading the Saturday runs as she only lead the raids which Ringstar couldn't, but she does have a lot of experience with raid leading and behind the scenes she did a lot of work to make the two daytime runs possible and later also her own 3rd GDKP.

People shouldn't dismiss this run just because Ringstar isn't here. Even Ringstar's GDKP took time to improve and progress. And before that Turiel's GDKP's took time as well.

Oh btw the first Justice bringer didn't go for 15k, it was only 7k, I know that because I was the one who got it ;) Crazy times, we spent more than half the raid on the auctioning process than actually killing stuff. :D

Just sign up, raid, and get some gold flowing.

Avalith
28-03-2012, 12:26 PM
back after a year away its nice to see this going again and doing well :)