View Full Version : What's the deal with WoW?

Rokky
24-06-2011, 12:57 AM
So, is WoW good, bad or whatever? I'm asking because it's been about 8 months since I've played, and I'm thinking, is there a point in playing again?

Turiel
24-06-2011, 02:36 AM
You have free game time (inactive accounts are regularly given 10 free days + cata trial to lvl 81) so just give it a go, try out Cataclysm :)

Bunneh
25-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Ran the trial a week or so back and just felt that overwhelming 'meh' creeping up on me again. Haven't played any games like I used too, but then there's more important things going on at the moment ;) Haven't had a message from Blizzard to reactivate my main account at all since I cancelled back in October last year.

Have spent some free time playing Bulletstorm and it's so much better than the latest Duke, imo. It's very linear but still an enjoyable romp around a battered world. Not worth full asking price but if you can grab it for a tenner in a couple months it's worth getting.

Rokky
25-06-2011, 05:15 PM
You have free game time (inactive accounts are regularly given 10 free days + cata trial to lvl 81) so just give it a go, try out Cataclysm :)

I already have cataclysm. My paladin is level 85. I just don't know whether it's worth it to renew my account.

Bunneh
26-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Sell it before the next expansion!

Malakali
26-06-2011, 11:51 AM
WoW feels like a game in its decline, think friendship groups is what would convince me to keep playing but on the rare log in it feels less of a game and more of a chore.

Vegelus
26-06-2011, 12:44 PM
I already have cataclysm. My paladin is level 85. I just don't know whether it's worth it to renew my account.
Not yet, they added only 2 heroic 5mans, or just reworked older instances (ZG and ZA). And that's the most of it. 4.2 should bring a few other things, but who knows what will nonraiders/casuals get, other than few dailies and a rep grind.

Bunneh
26-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Mala has the same thoughts as I did before I quit. You'd log in, chat to friends, do the same dailies and pretty much log off. A lot of money for what was essentially for me, MSN with orcs :( BUT that said had fun over the 5 years, so can't complain really that much!

Met my best bud in WoW, I'll be his best man at his wedding. No, I'm not dressing up as a gnome...