View Full Version : Why are you still here?

Leafroy
27-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Just call it a day and join me and about 1 mil other ex WoW players on Rift.

No i havent become employed by trion hehe.

You have the usual chooices PvE server or Rp etc if you dont want the ganking. Its basically wow, new and improved with storytime and really no encouraged grouping quests with more flexibility, less egotism and way way more thought and fun. The levelling reminded me somewhat of cataclysm, where i still believe they got it right.

Still miss all you guys but can happilly say, not missing wow in the slightest. I implore you ALL to try it out.:)

Even the raids are challenging and the 2 tiers of heroic dungeons (yes 2).

The crafting system is awesome and as more people come on the realms/shards you get a good economy system going. They are learning fast and implimenting new things daily, everyone a good idea.

The 8 different soul tree's per each class (4 classes) and then additional skills based on how many points you apply to each tree.. Make's it almost endless possiblities. You can also have up to 4 different souls stored(offspecs) So if you have a class you love, you neednt be tied to rolling a alt if you do not wish too.

Anyways Leafy signing off, just thought i would share with you. Fresh loaf or stale bread.. you choose.

:)

Vegelus
27-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Noob.
If I'd want to come back I'd take that stale bread instead of the newer stale bread with quite a dose of air freshener inside (which is what you call fresh loaf by mistake) :).

Leafroy
27-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Hehe , its got all the functions wow has. Yes some may say it has ripped wow off, but then again what MMO hasnt?

Hell even wow ripped its predacessos off. Plus it has alot more that wow should have added or NOT added in some cases.

Corrected a few mistakes wow made and added a new dimension to playstyle.

That's one huge air freshner.

Anyways was just sharing my joy with you all. Will take a while for anyone to experience the full picture as most realms are running on low- medium, as trion rolls a new realm as soon as one hits 1/4 capacity.

Missing the point that sometimes many people online is a good thing hehe.. having said that, the good outweighs the bad. I do understand how you wouldnt like to pick up a game and once again be a noob, when youve mastered the WoW add'on.

Sorry i meant game.. or did i:)

Anyways to have fun is the most important thing.

Tbh its worth the money even to try and see wether you like it. Most have done so and stayed.. so far.

Have fun.

leafy.

(p.s Vegelus you silly sod, play it first. Get to 50 and see for yourself.)

Btw fresh loaf or stale bread, they are both still bread.

inacup
27-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Cya back on sse in a few months then :-)

Haplo
28-04-2011, 06:52 AM
are you getting payed for advertising?

zoomkin
28-04-2011, 06:59 AM
I'm pretty sure that if people wanted to play a god-awful game because they are raging about WoW they would play Aion .. or Age of Conan .. or Warhammer. o wait. nvmind

SoniqBoom
28-04-2011, 10:17 AM
how about you explain to people here about the massive cascade of fail Trion did with the "River of souls" event.
Or about the massive security flaw that allows hackers to login to ANY char they like ingame and ravage it clean without even needing your password / login details.
oh yeah the feature of having grey mobs, 40 levels below you have the ability to dismount you and give you the snare debuff even though your lvl 50 is a genius idea....

Malakali
28-04-2011, 10:57 AM
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6326/meatloaf.jpg (http://img219.imageshack.us/i/meatloaf.jpg/)

Gwynin
28-04-2011, 11:23 AM
most of the ppl Ive spoken with who play rift say its nothing new compared to wow, so I dont really see the lure in it :)

SalcN
23-08-2011, 01:53 PM
My mom plays Rift .. Just saying

Leafroy
23-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Yeah its been a while since last visit sorry for that...

After trion made a few massive errors at start (one mentioned in previous post about River of souls release) They have managed to do something woW never really did..

Listen to the player base.

The changes came almost daily at one point. And yes they still do the wow thing, releasing the next patch with as many bugs as fixes... BUT.. its fixed as a matter of priority and correctly. Usually within 24 hours or less.

The negative i will say is that they only allow certain peeps to test forthcoming content. Usually these are top guild members such as the guild ive been clearing with. As much as this is a nice advantage to the guilds with testers in, it IS insanely biased(although testers in theory are signing non disclosure).. PLUS..

The sods dont test bugs they look for ways to exploit them for fast realm/european server firsts.

Now the definition of the game is set, the classes play as they should do and are relatively balanced. (excluding pvp which i couldnt give a rats arse about) it is a different animal but not enough for hardcore players such as myself. I am finding except evenings when i raid, i have sod all to do in daytimes.

Most pve server chat in daytime is crafting based or,pvp(yes silly),and daily raid rift (like doing a good level heroic dungeon but express speed).

They keep the collectors happy with toys, pets and mount's a plenty to gather. Achievements ofc also.So for some this is the game to be in. Those who have, say only evenings and maybe 1 hour daytime to play, rift would be suitable... i would almost say ideal.

but im leafy:)

i have already got the full 4 char compliment. Main has full raid gear for all three specs maximized on stats (attackpower sets etc or crit or tank)the usual relics (legendary wep/s). Full achieves clearance plus the pet and mount that comes with it for the 3 tier 1 raids (ros,gsb,gp) and already 2 down in Hammerknel. the raids have kept me hungry for more till now.

Ultimately they need 10 chars but the new chars/classes arent untill explansion and that isnt close.

The raids to an extent are puggable but mainly as game is still new its hard to find an alt run outside of guild that wouldnt wipe pretty easyilly on the tier 1 raids.(this isnt a bad thing, unless your bored stupid)

The new tier 2 raids started recently with hammerknel... Have to say im very very impressed with the whole raiding experience in rift. The scale from tier 1 raids to the tier 2 hammerknel raid.. is like wotlk heroic dungeons - cataclysm hard mode raids. The jump is not staged hehe its more a different world is so huge. (but yay for a challenge)

Still i find myself considering a move back just to see what the raids are like here now, maybe even to remind myself how lazy wow developers are, or even to see if the improvements im hearing about are token guesture's or actually usefull(like in Rift).

Wow does have the one upperhand on Rift of 10 chars and something to do at all times. Although rift festivals or storyline merhcants (special vendors with own stuff and currency) do come more often than wows. Still they can be done in 10 minutes of a morning thats all 4 chars hehe..

Yes also rift are implimenting some basic addon's into their programming of the product. Something all mmo's should do IMO. Just a tick box if you do or dont want it active.

Soo please. ignore the b/s rumour mills and disgruntled players who happened to choose a low population realm and decided to lable the game a failure based on their anger.. its all fixed.

Trion did something you woudnt in 20000000 centurys see Blizzard do.. the said sorry.. plus ..

They fixed the problem.

(ready for shock)

For FREE!

a word blizzard has never encountered.

Realm transferrs for all players are free and can be done as often as weekly. They transferr whole guilds if the leader asks and your not forced to follow just prompted on log on.

They have been known to Ban people.. no sorry i should clarify considering your on a blizzard product..

Not 12 hours for being a pedofile, like blizzard does(slightly over exaggerated ofc).

BANNED!.. full stop, gtfo, goodbye dont come back, kinda bans. Account deleted , gear deleted, serial number/cd key of game logged and blocked perma, and ip ofc (although we all know thats pointless). Yes you can buy the game again im sure they wont object:)

They also very smartly made it so platinum (their gold) isnt really needed to excel. In fact you can get by with couple quests a day and provide all you need to raid. Making goldsellers for the lesser part.. pointless.

Still im bored lol. Anyhow i didnt want to leave you guys thinking ive made a final judgement based on 1 month there. As you know its coming up to 6 months now in total.

Shame to see the gdkp runs seem to have stopped. Missing you all (or most of you)

laters .. Leafy.

p.s no im not paid anything by trion lol. Im just returning the favour. ill most likely be back on wow shortly as my days are boring to the max.

Περ
23-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Yesh Yesh.. gief Moar GdKp.... maah gold stopped movin.. and is startin to stack... need to get ride of it =(

Timothy
24-08-2011, 02:10 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/pse/lowres/psen10l.jpg