View Full Version : Spot of advice kindly requested, if I may.

Cojadann
26-03-2011, 06:43 PM
It's mostly on two fronts, so forgive me on the length of this post in due course. By all means, I'm not trying to be noobish on this one, but again I apologise in some stance if it comes across that way.

Firstly: getting raid experience on my main, Beadyeyeddk. (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowsong/beadyeyeddk/advanced)

I'm currently trying my best to get some sort of experience tanking with him best I can, and was wondering what the best possible way to do this would be. I've only been through Baradin Hold thus far and I'm hoping to build on that somewhat. I'm a guy that can more or less learn as quickly as possible (and isn't afraid to take any flak/constructive criticism on board for this) as well as being able to try and better my skills overall. I can probably understand that PuGs may be the answer to this however I know it's not the best way to go considering all the dramas and tribulations that these runs can create - the last thing I hope to do in any situation is cause any problems and thus do things well, not badly.

Secondly: Guild Management/Recruiting etc.

The issue I've currently got here (as, I can understand, with many a guild in this day and age) is to try and better things recruitment wise. At the moment, the guild I'm temp-GM'ing for - Altefoor - is having a few issues trying to attract members overall. I'm not saying this as a sob story, if you will - far from it. It's currently a lv10 guild (almost 11, about 3m guild experience off from it) and it seems we're not doing any thing wrong in that department.

I can understand that people running social guilds can have issues trying to bring in fresh blood to bolster and improve ranks overall. We have a small guild currently and ideally we do aspire to have a casual raiding setup in the none-too-distant future, yet it feels like it's grinding your leg across a bed of spikes and hoping that you won't feel any pain. What would people recommend to try and attract any kind of member to aid progress with this, and also would you discourage anything to prevent picking up the "griefers," if you will? Also, have you had any experience of a similar situation and did you manage to come up with something different?

By all means, any advice that comes from this would definitely be mulled over and considered - and would be grateful overall for any that does come this way. In the end, not only do I wish to better the guild side of things, but also to better the player that I am myself, if you will understand me.

NB to Admin (if possible): is it possible to change username on the SSE forums/site at all, and if so could I ask kindly to change from "Cojadann" to "Beadyeye" please? Thanks in advance.

Vénom
26-03-2011, 08:28 PM
my guild is kind of currently in the same situation at the moment, we're looking for more members to start up 2 casual raids per week. its hard to try and find new people and i feel your pain :p, just gotta stick at it.

Cojadann
27-03-2011, 12:17 PM
my guild is kind of currently in the same situation at the moment, we're looking for more members to start up 2 casual raids per week. its hard to try and find new people and i feel your pain :p, just gotta stick at it.

Real ballache isn't it, Vénom?

Of course, we do look to aspire to raid once we have a) the right mix of people/gearsets available and there wouldn't be an issue bringing in lowbies also to bring up to speed - and b) once the members are available overall. Understandably it is a pain for guilds like ourselves to attract those members. In time though, I'm still holding out hope that we can do something in the end.

As mentioned in the OP, advice/suggestions/thoughts are always still welcome on both points noted in there.

Torm
28-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Join the GDPK runs. Tactics are explained before each boss, and the group is overall friendly - so if you learn on the fly there's no real problems, just bring gold :)