View Full Version : S9 pvp

nayonac
24-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Anyone got any tips for dealing with a warrior when doing arenas as an Aff lock?

Feihcretsam
24-01-2011, 10:09 PM
curse of weakness on him, demon armor on and just let him smack you untill you're done draining his buddy

Teatrix
30-01-2011, 10:58 PM
What you're not saying: partner with someone who can peel warriors off you and be pro at chasing down pillarhumping dispellspamming healers. Amidoinitrite?

nayonac
31-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Going with Frost mage / Aff lock, so will see how it goes.
Keeping COEX up if they are at range and COW if they get close and of course tounges on the healer / ranged dps.

Having a few problems with getting the cc to stick on warriors as they just seem to have every method in the world to get out of it :S

Feihcretsam
31-01-2011, 12:17 PM
yeah that's why you let him melee you while you shut down zhe healer, though most warriors go for your pet

with a 2dps combo it might not be so pretty vs warriors :p play affliction - holy paladin, it pwnz

then again frost mage - warrior shouldnt be too hard for the mage to handle

nayonac
03-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Ok well that seemed to work last night, did a 12 game winning streak and got about 200 rating so not bad at all. Had a few issues with warrior / DK due to burst damage. If i can survive the inital burn then slowing the dk and keeping the warrior busy we can burn them down.
Just waiting on the next patch now hope the warrior changes mean i can peel them.

nayonac
16-02-2011, 01:39 PM
well as of 4.0.6 having issues with anyone who breathes :/

Damage is down, healing is down and well not sure why but 2v2 seems impossible now. any other locks care to comment

Feihcretsam
17-02-2011, 12:28 AM
it sucks that drain mana is gone

nayonac
18-02-2011, 03:19 PM
So are people getting UA up first ?

I have been trying to get COT on the casters and UA up, but just find im gettig hit by a CC as soon as ua hits.

just after some opener tips on keeping alive

nayonac
18-02-2011, 03:38 PM
For example last night, we had a 25 minute game vs warrior druid... (sewers)

so Mage started invis and i went out on the warrior, got COEx up on him and UA then im hit by a cyclone. Mage uses frost nova to keep the warrior at bay.Cyclone ends and im back out dotting up the warrior again, full dot rotation up on warrior, i cast soul swap and the mage puts ring of ice around me so warrior is trapped and i teleport out.
So now both targets are dotted and the mage is attacking the healer. warrior just sat in the middle and didn't try and jump out, just waited out the ring of frost (i probably should of feared him into the ring to get some more cc on him) guessing if they were good the warrior would of jumped or run in and had the ring dispelled. So we are both hitting this healer mage is burning cool downs and im keeping the dots and and using slience and fear.
We got him to about 10% hp and the warrior is now back on me. so i start kiting him around the boxes keeping the dots up. Once my telport was off cool down i would drop off the side and warrior was following. teleport back up and start on the druid again, who is backup to 70% hp. Im about 40% now from the warrior so draining to get hp back and the mage is starting to get low on mana.
warrior then comes back up gets healed back up and im back to kiting him and los him from the healer. and basicly this goes on for 20+ minutes with the odd time the warrior charges the mage who then novas and runs away.

Now im wondering if we manage to los the warrior from his healer, are we better having the mage blink to the warrior and slow and nuke, with me keeping the healer cc'ed. maybe a sheep on druid.

Finding my dots dont really do any damage worth speaking of, +most class's can out heal them with out much effort :S

also anyone got some decent links on dealing with various combos?

Feihcretsam
21-02-2011, 01:10 PM
if you get 3 stack SE up and re-apply all dots, with ofcourse a haunt on it, they will do alot of damage on targets. try to CoE a pet or something so jinx is on everything, then just soulswap the dots every CD to the other target(s). soulswap doesnt transfer the dot damage buff of haunt and SE so after 3 SE stacks you need to recast them

nayonac
24-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Well gave that a go last night, and actually we did a lot better, have also changed what im doing with my mage. Basicly he is now on protect mode, spends all his time keeping the melee off me while we both keep on the healers.

Seems to work well as the DPS doesn't get so many heals but is still taking lots of dot damage.

having major problems vs shadow priests now but will just have to keep dueing to figure those out.

Just a link onto my char if anyone has any sugestions on gear / spec
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowsong/h%c3%a1rrydotter/advanced

nayonac
07-04-2011, 12:14 PM
So looking for a new partner, mage only wants to go 3's :( anyone ? :D