View Full Version : Is it worth..

Slashyy
12-01-2011, 09:10 PM
.... coming back just for Rated Battlegrounds?

and possibly duels outside Org.. Probably definitely duels outside Org..

Is rogue fun again or is it just mutilate crap still?

Many old players still going?

Zaidra-
13-01-2011, 10:10 AM
RBG's are pretty fun. Rogues are in a pretty good place atm, with sub getting buffed next week too. Lots of duels outside org still going, and I know a few oldies have returned. ;)

Slashyy
13-01-2011, 10:21 AM
These forums seem to have died a horrible death without PvP drama.

Subtlety is finally back tho? Sounding tempting now. I miss actually stabbing people with daggers instead of pretending I'm a fury warrior standing in their faces.

vanroguesing
13-01-2011, 01:05 PM
# Subtlety

* Executioner (Mastery) has been increased from 2% to 2.5% per point.

* Find Weakness now grants 35/70% armor reduction, up from 25/50%.

* Preparation no longer resets the cooldown of Evasion.

* Sanguinary Vein now gives a rogue a 50/100% chance for their own Bleed effects to not break their Gouge.

* Shadowstep's cooldown has been increased to 24 seconds, up from 20 seconds.

* Sinister Calling now grants 30% Agility, up from 25%, and increases Backstab and Hemorrhage damage by an additional 40%, up from 25%.
Subtlety

* Elusiveness now reduces the cooldown of Cloak of Shadows by 10/20 seconds, down from 15/30 seconds.

Glyphs

* Glyph of Garrote now increases the duration of Garrote by 1.5 seconds, down from 2.

With a smoke bomb nerf aswell
Not really buffs am afraid and Slash stay well clear of rogues tbh

Turiel
13-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Unless you're a mage or a feral druid, no matter what class you play you probably think it's in trouble.

What I've seen from Miw and Reptile (Azy) in BGs is that rogues do well.

Azy
13-01-2011, 01:54 PM
The thing about rogues atm is:

Mutilate have good dmg but crap mobility

Subt have crap dmg but good mobility

I play subt, and I'm actually looking forward to the next patch despite the many nerfs, mainly because of this:
"Sinister Calling now grants 30% Agility, up from 25%, and increases Backstab and Hemorrhage damage by an additional 40%, up from 25%.
Subtlety"

So right now people in the rogue community agrees on that rogues are in a terrible state.

Slashyy
13-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Hm I was watching vids and subtlety looked like it had a lot more damage than it has had since back in ye olde days when i specced full subtlety like a retard. Plus it was a lot more fun just messing around in duels with subtlety in WotLK than it was doing anything with muti.

Don't mind too much if rogues are in a terrible state.. As long as you're no longer forced in to muti it seems half worth trying.

There were a few more buffs there than nerfs.. What's the smoke bomb nerf about? I haven't played it without the nerf so it's not like im going to notice it much anyway.

PS. Vanroguesing you sawk anyway ;p

Azy
13-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Smoke bomb is going from 10 sec to 5 sec.

Slashyy
13-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Is that worse than it sounds?

Azy
13-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Is that worse than it sounds?

I don't think it will be that bad. The player is either dead or outta the smoke bomb after 5 secs anyway :D

Slashyy
13-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Is rogue fun to play again at least?

Azy
13-01-2011, 04:53 PM
I like it ..

vanroguesing
15-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Ave stopped playing my rogue seeing as the only specc for PvP atm is mutilate even tho it kinda sucks for mobility..

Slashyy
16-01-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm lvling a rogue on another server atm for the 10 day trial.. tested slash for a bit as subtlety too n it seems pretty fun, especially at low levels. Forgot how good it was 1 shotting clothies. Never going back to muti!