View Full Version : War games

Đightrain
14-12-2010, 09:25 AM
For those that didn't know: (I hadn't heard of this until now atleast... gz on being months behind me!)

Q: What's a War Game?
A: A War Game is an unranked match in which one group of players challenges another group to an Arena or Battleground skirmish in a setting of their choosing. You will be able to initiate a War Game by using the /wargame or /wg command, as explained below.

Q: When will War Games be available?
A: War Games will become available with the start of Arena Season 9. After that point, you'll be able to play a War Game at any time, regardless of whether a season is underway.

Q: How does it work?
A: After you've formed your group, use the /wargame or /wg command to challenge another group leader to a War Game match, like so:

/wg groupleadername mapname

If mapname is left blank, a random Arena or Battleground will be chosen automatically based on the initiating team's size.

For example: JohnnyRaider wants to challenge TommyPvP to a 2v2 Arena skirmish in the Nagrand Arena. After each forms a separate group with his respective Arena partner, JohnnyRaider uses the following command to start the War Game:

/wg tommypvp nagrand arena

TommyPvP will receive a pop-up notice stating "JohnnyRaider has challenged you to a War Game in the Nagrand Arena."

TommyPvP then has a little over a minute to accept the challenge. Once he accepts, each group will be placed in the queue and will receive a pop-up window prompting them to enter the skirmish once it's ready.

Q: Can I play War Game skirmishes against members of my own faction?
A: Yes! The War Game skirmish system allows you to challenge players in your same faction to Arena and Battleground matches. You can also challenge those of the opposite faction.

As far as I'm concerned, the community took a big hit with the introduction of x-realm pvp, so to me this sounds more interesting than rated battlegrounds. Kinda made me think of ye olde SSE STV events, time for some larger scale tournaments perhaps? *Hopes I'm not too slow with this post xP*

Turiel
14-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Oh very cool! We can definitely organise some BG pvp!

A proper AV!?! :)

Đightrain
14-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Who knows D:
Maybe some ol' dorf will even dust off his ancient uniform and once again retain his old Alterac Commander title in order to shape up the lowly peons that are normally too busy farming ram hides instead of frostwolves and finally lead them to victory! At around 1am when the horde fall asleep.

Shame there's no spectator mode mentioned, maybe we'll get one later on in the expansion =/ Oeh and maybe we'll see some decent, real pvp vids again, instead of those crappy arena thingamabobs!

SoniqBoom
15-12-2010, 03:35 AM
Oh very cool! We can definitely organise some BG pvp!

A proper AV!?! :)

oh hell yeah, now this would be some awsome fun :D