View Full Version : Congratulations, Ruoste!

Evilstein
07-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Realm first level 85! Well done!

Faylin
07-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Was just wonderering if we'd have an 85 already when this popped up.

Disappointing to see the levelling process being such a joke. I took 3 days off work starting tomorrow, but seems I'll have 2 85's at the end of the weekend then.

The whole "nolifer" comment isn't going to apply either, if levelling takes like 16 hours. I remember that in TBC Tsarina needed at least a couple of days for it, right?

Rall
07-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Congratulations!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-achievements.xml?r=Shadowsong&cn=Ruoste&alink=81:9:5004#ach5004

vanroguesing
07-12-2010, 03:38 PM
It's been all horde Realm first it seems lol

Faylin
07-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Mmm, seems Ruoste didn't replace much gear. Think that's because he was in a rush and couldn't be bothered checking if stuff was an upgrade, or aren't the quest rewards a big enough upgrade?

Gwynin
07-12-2010, 04:02 PM
gwatz :)

Tarqy
07-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Tarasín got the realm first 85 btw

Tsarina
07-12-2010, 04:58 PM
I see you still keep it in the guild. Congratulations, Ruoste.

EDIT: Oh, well. Tarasin then. What I wrote is still halfway correct.

The whole "nolifer" comment isn't going to apply either, if levelling takes like 16 hours. I remember that in TBC Tsarina needed at least a couple of days for it, right?It took around 3 days, and that was also the only reason i was first. I wasn't ahead in the race before 68.

dantheman
07-12-2010, 05:22 PM
I heard Tarasin got tag boosted all the way though (i'm not sure if that's true). However, levelling isn't taking as long as I was led to believe it would. Still 84-85 is 9+million xp :p

elog
07-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Mmm, seems Ruoste didn't replace much gear. Think that's because he was in a rush and couldn't be bothered checking if stuff was an upgrade, or aren't the quest rewards a big enough upgrade?

Quest rewards replace heroic ICC epics in the 82-83 range. He most likely grinded one way or the other since otherwise he would have replaced the gear.

Evilstein
08-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Tarasín got the realm first 85 btw

Correct! My bad, must've misread the ding and missed the "Hunter"-part...
Well, congratulations to Tarasín instead then.

Oweena
08-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Ruo only got Realm first hunter because I (Bidaum) Waited 50 minutes for the bugger to catch up to me and get it alongside ;)

Ruoste
08-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Just making it clear that Bidaum was first hunter. Login servers were screwed and he got in much earlier than me. We used approximately same time to level to 85 though. He was gracious enough to wait for me so we could both get it.

Tarasín
08-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks!

I was lucky enough to get a head start with servers being funky and all. And I did actually solo level everything from level 82. No taghaxxing, no funky grinding. Just pure questing.
Thanks for the whispers from people aswell. I almost went through level'ing without someone calling me a haxxor, noob, no-lifer and even a levelglider (!?).

But thanks for the warm whispers of comfort Vestual. I'm sure other people in Wrath was happy to have your support during their level'ing to 85. I salute you Shadowsongs Top Motivator Troll! (Right behind Oneiros of course).

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/7318/hithere.jpg

Ruoste
08-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Getting those realm firsts was a bit luck based. Tarasin DID level really fast but he also was first to get in through the login server. I and many others started more than an hour behind. But I think he would have probably won either way. So well deserved.

I had replaced only three items before I hit 85. Both weapons and a cloak I think from quest rewards. I just switched to new zone as soon as I reached the appopriate level so I missed all the good end zone quests. Due to a slight miscalculation though I ran out of quests in Twilight Highlands and had to backtrack to Uldum...

zoomkin
08-12-2010, 05:33 PM
tarasin stole my realm first wtfguise

SoniqBoom
08-12-2010, 05:45 PM
massive gratz guys, well played :)

Ring0
08-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Grats Tarasin. Well earned :) You maintained a solid lead throughout the levelling process. Must've been great being the first person on the server to reach virgin lands.

Most of your 277 gear won't go immediately. There are some rewards that appear to be better but trade off a hundred hit rating for, say, crit.

You start to replace your gear around level 83, not because of the stats, but because the mobs start hitting quite hard, and the hundred stamina you gain from a Cataclysm blue versus your heroic Icecrown gear becomes more and more valuable to avoid deaths. By the time you get to Twilight Highlands everything will be gone - I replaced my heroic Lich King weapon just before heading there.

You might wish to keep your T10 set bonus as long as possible but once you've collected four decent blues for those slots you should take it off. Your trinkets will probably last you all the way to 85. I only replaced heroic DFO at the end of the Skullcrusher chain, a few minutes after dinging.

If you're spamming dungeons you'll replace your stuff a lot sooner of course.

Shead
11-12-2010, 02:39 AM
It's been all horde Realm first it seems lol

...Van ur a night elf? wtf man

Also grats! :D

vanroguesing
11-12-2010, 02:41 AM
Noes am not a night elf am an Undead Rogues! blasted thing dont update qq

Khalkaroth
11-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Cg Ruoste (And Tarasin). Still going strong :P. I read the Cataclysm review from Pelit magazine and it sounded really nice for casual players too (raiding for me is out of the question). If I ever ran out of other games to play I might give it a shot as a Goblin rogue or warrior. For now I will entertain myself with GT5.

Leafroy
21-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Quest rewards replace heroic ICC epics in the 82-83 range.

OUCH!!!!

x10 in my case.. :) Gief shineys now!

Jimmy the Necromancer
22-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Congrats everybody!