View Full Version : Post Your Own News - The New & Improved Front Page

Turiel
06-12-2010, 03:50 AM
ShadowsongEurope now operates on a user generated content basis - that is to say, you guys will post any items that appear on the front page.

It was nice to be able to update it ourselves and Elexin has done an amazing job over the past few years, but she's no longer around and there's nobody to take her place.

It's a good thing though - this means that a greater variety of content can go up on the front page instead of just raiding news, and it means that things will go up much quicker because we don't have to write it ourselves.

So, if you want some news posted on the front page, just post a topic here in the 'Frontpage' forum and if its suitable we'll post it up ASAP.

There's some simple rules:

Use an image (screenshot or otherwise). It should be no larger than 400 by 200.
Give a few lines of descriptive text. It doesn't have to be a story like we posted before, but at least a line or two is necessary.

Pretty much any type of news can be posted, including but not limited to:

Raid progress
PVP News (achieving high ranking)
Release of a video (PVP, Machinma, etc)
Guild news - birthday, formation (but not recruitment), public events
Realm Events - Organised PVP, Special PUG runs (i.e. starting GDKP or doing an achievement run)
Realm firsts
Anything else newsworthy you can think of!

Again, you don't need to post a big essay along with your news (unless you want to!) - just give me a few lines.

Über
06-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Anything else newsworthy you can think of!

The chatbox is operational again for everybody, at least according to my own empiric research, which possibly was somewhat limited with me being the only person involved in it.

Anyways, that has to break the news threshold @ sse.com, right?

Turiel
06-12-2010, 08:08 PM
You need to post a new topic in this forum to create a post... and no, chatbox is not :P

Faylin
07-12-2010, 12:41 AM
Good work on the site again. I'll be following it more closely in Cata.

Also, hai. Been lurking for a while!