View Full Version : Getting back in to WoW

Goonerr
23-10-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm thinking about playing WoW again, just in time for the new expansion, I was wondering which class would be best for getting in to groups? I'll be playing on Shadowsong again.

I don't really want to play a class which is over populated where I have to wait days just to find a free spot for an instance, which seemed to be the case on my Rogue before i quit.

:)

Vegelus
23-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Dwarf. Warrior. Protection.

Metakerk
23-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Anything that can tank, heal or both.

Turiel
24-10-2010, 06:51 AM
If you're trying to get back into it, don't pick a class that you think will be needed. Pick a class that you enjoy. Sure, you'll have instant queues if you're a tank or healer, but if you don't actually like doing it, what's the point.

Sloth
24-10-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm thinking about playing WoW again, just in time for the new expansion, I was wondering which class would be best for getting in to groups? I'll be playing on Shadowsong again.

I don't really want to play a class which is over populated where I have to wait days just to find a free spot for an instance, which seemed to be the case on my Rogue before i quit.

:)

You know the instance system is changed right? Trade channel is no longer used and what class you play isnt that important. :-)
All you need to do is press "join random dungeon" and wait ~10 mins if you're dps, queue as healer/tank is way shorter.

Goonerr
24-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks all, I've not played for at least a year so I've probably missed a lot of changes, I'll just create a class i enjoy (still a tricky choice but still) and give it a go :)

Gwynin
26-10-2010, 09:42 AM
t0nks + healers = instant queues in LFG tool
dps = upto 15 minute queue time

So if you actually like to quest *shudder* and such, a dps class will give you time for that...