View Full Version : Steam problems

Bunneh
05-10-2010, 09:08 AM
I logged into my Steam account yesterday only to find the account had been disabled. This now means I can't play any of the games I have on that account, of which there are many. I checked through the FAQ about this very issue and it threw up a few ideas. I don't play online much and when I do it's with a close friend and no one else, usually L4D2 against/with the AI.

Oddly I never received an e-mail from them to why my account had been disabled so now I'm sat waiting for a response. In April I bought a game for a friend of mine who was struggling with health problems and needed a pick-me-up. I bought L4D2 and sent it as a gift, it never got to him. I contacted Steam who said no payment had been taken, yet my bank said different - eventually Steam said 'yes' money had been taken and I would get a refund because there had been a processing error.

I assumed the money would go straight back to my account and promptly forgot about it, I got the game a different way and my mate still got to kill zombies with us. On the 16th of last month I got a mail from Paypal saying Steam Games had refunded 19.99 back to my account... a good 5 months after I asked for the refund. I just assumed they'd been a bunch of braindead fucktards and just shrugged.

Now my account's disabled... In the FAQ is states that accounts can be disabled due to 'fraud' with refunds etc, so I'm guessing it's related to this. I have all the paperwork, I can get bank statements to prove if payments were sent - however none of this is my fault; sure I should have checked the 20 quid was paid back into my account but to be frank I just 'trusted' them to sort it. I won't be making that mistake again - I also won't be buying any game related to Steam again.

Let the fun begin!

Alver
05-10-2010, 01:05 PM
While I like the whole not having to go out to buy games and having access to 1000's from my PC it scares me how much cash worth of games on my PC (and mac now) is reliant on one piece of software from one company with ultimate control over the account.

I want discs I can sell on when finished with and a bookshelf full of my latest games again. :(

Good luck with getting it back :)

Stunted
05-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Bunneh,

Had a quick look at some forums as I don't use Steam myself - basically as they refunded you they will shut your account down as they hate doing it. From what I have read you need to make a Steam Support account to try and get this fixed as they will just ignore you otherwise.

From the steam website - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5406-WFZC-5519
Any fraudulent credit card use, credit card chargeback’s, or Paypal chargeback’s (regardless of when the transaction occurred).

Very glad I have never made an account with these guys, they seem like an evil bunch.

Bunneh
05-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Yeah I have a support account, had it to get the cash back when they fucked up the initial transaction. I have fired a mail off via the support, now it's just a wait. I won't be buying from Steam again that's for sure.

Über
06-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Now my account's disabled.

http://www.angels-link.com/steam2.gif

Let the fun begin!

SoniqBoom
06-10-2010, 08:06 AM
http://www.angels-link.com/steam2.gif

lmfao, nice uber :P

@Bunneh

This absolutely fucking sucks imo, I find it total bullshit they can disable an account that a person could of litterally spent thousands of pounds on over the years on numerous titles.
So basically from there FAQ what there saying is if you do a charge back or request a refund for whatever reason even if its a clerical error on there side they gonna take away your account with the possibility of you losing your entire games collection....
lol no wonder so many people just pirate there games imo
I bet theres no way at all to contact em directly either, ur gonna have some fricking paki tech support guy who dont speak english copy + pasting you random bullshit for months.
Best of luck bunneh hope u get it sorted bro.

Bunneh
06-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Haha nice one Uber! That's my new avatar!

Reet got a mail back from support and here it is.

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello David, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. I have contacted PayPal directly to verify the status of this transaction. It appears that PayPal incorrectly reported your original transaction to us as "failed" even though they processed the payment. Since you logged the dispute with PayPal, your account was automatically locked. I have reactivated your account. I apologize for the inconvenience, thank you for your patience.

So there we go, all sorted. Currently downloading the L4D2 patch and no longer nashing my teeth! Now I need to figure out who else to moan at! Oi Blizzard, where's me patch!

SoniqBoom
06-10-2010, 12:47 PM
good stuff bunneh glad they sorted it all out pretty fast for you :)

Bunneh
06-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Cheers fella. Was surprised they were so quick.