View Full Version : Neutral AH Scammers active .. beware

Tinca
27-08-2010, 02:51 PM
giving a heads up to everyone that uses te neutral ah to send stuff to the other side to another account..

The Character Arthasdkpwn is running some fking software that is scanning the crap out of the auctionhouse and buying your shit full automatic.

My attempt to reason with this fellow was wasted time .. see screenshot

Don't let the same happen to you.. he bought my kings amber within 1 second of posting it. could not buy it myself back with my 2nd account (and i running both clients at the same time .. alt+tab and clicking wasent fast enough)

/Tinx

oh and .. Arthasdkpwn .. i hope you die in a fire ..

Pherian
27-08-2010, 04:12 PM
As an additional heads up: Goldcaped is also operating via the Neutral AH doing exactly the same thing, I would suspect this guy is connected.

I have posted mail on the Blizzard Customer Service Forums about him, I am interested to see if Blizzard have a position on this kind of behaviour.

Vegelus
27-08-2010, 04:43 PM
You're posting auction at the AH. What answer do you expect?

Flury
27-08-2010, 04:46 PM
People transferring stuff all the time. Easy and legal way for some to make gold if they can catch some of that...Not fun for those transferring, then again putting them for cheap on AH is at your own risk.

Pherian
27-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Yes, it is. The difference here is the conversation I had when I spoke to the guy post-snipe. I'm aware of a number of people who are being caught out like this, across multiple servers. As a result I think people deserve to know who's doing it so they can check if anyone is at the Neutral AH's before they use them ^^

I don't care about my stuff, but I care about doing something to stop other people being caught out.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=14469338923&sid=1 is the thread if you want to flame me.

EDIT: GM response is as expected but I will make sure he's reported, in the vain hope that if enough people do it for his bragging he might get a harassment ban.

Pherian
27-08-2010, 11:02 PM
As a postscript to this, I'd put a fairly large sum of money whoever is responsible for this is reading SSE as he had the balls to post with his bankalt on the above Blizzard Forum thread.

/golfclap

Lillshaman
27-08-2010, 11:36 PM
He is still standing there..

Kryptonix
28-08-2010, 08:26 AM
This is not a new thing; I could write a book on my experiences having gained and lost hundreds of items with these kinds of methods in TBC.

All I will say is that you should list items for a bit higher so that you hopefully ride above his automatic BO options - that's all there is to it.

It is also extremely unlikely that snipers doing this will get banned imo - but I guess with enough reporting and admin work you may have a chance.

Theory
28-08-2010, 09:30 AM
You're posting auction at the AH. What answer do you expect?

what vegelus said

Bunneh
28-08-2010, 10:01 AM
If they're running 3rd party software to scan then they do deserve banning, but if they're using a mod that doesn't piss off Blizzard then there's fuck all we can do. Thank you for the heads up though.

Xirasis
28-08-2010, 10:17 AM
If they're running 3rd party software to scan then they do deserve banning, but if they're using a mod that doesn't piss off Blizzard then there's fuck all we can do. Thank you for the heads up though.
it's usually a bot.

omar
28-08-2010, 04:29 PM
it's usually a bot.

On the contrary, I'm quite certain it's not; furthermore, the perpetrator maintains a rather interesting blog (http://wowantisocial.blogspot.com/).

Turiel
28-08-2010, 04:45 PM
On the contrary, I'm quite certain it's not; furthermore, the perpetrator maintains a rather interesting blog (http://wowantisocial.blogspot.com/).

First post... is it you? :P

omar
28-08-2010, 04:50 PM
First post... is it you? :P

No.

thurlog
28-08-2010, 06:24 PM
http://wowantisocial.blogspot.com/

hilarious :-)

Über
29-08-2010, 07:21 AM
a rather interesting blog (http://wowantisocial.blogspot.com/)

That was awesome.

Evilstein
30-08-2010, 07:32 AM
Some familiar names there.

I bet Lus is sharpening his sword and checking for the dudes RL adress, as we speak. :D

Gwynin
30-08-2010, 09:45 AM
I dont see how buying underpriced items and re-selling em for a profit is scamming, being busted in being stupid doesnt mean you got scammed...

Same goes for transferring items via neutral AH using prices way way too low, put a proper pricetag on it and it wont be bought (unless you're a poor bastard this shouldnt be a problem)..

But does indeed seem like the dude is using alot of time on this, gotta admit that he is going full out on this project and also his setup is pretty sweet.. :)

Edit, also like the comments from here and elsewhere he is quoting, funny stuff hehe

Metakerk
30-08-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm amazed how much time one can put into harassing others.
I bet this person plays a rogue.

Jimmy the Necromancer
30-08-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm amazed how much time one can put into harassing others.

He clearly does it to harass people.

Metakerk
30-08-2010, 12:10 PM
He clearly does it to harass people.

Clearly.

Kryptonix
30-08-2010, 04:31 PM

:rolleyes:

A shaman more like!

Xirasis
01-09-2010, 09:29 PM

i've already seen what it is, and used it briefly aswell, nothing complex tbh

Malakali
02-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Send me your stories how to piss people off legally and make gold.

What a shit blog and shit person. No much need for us to rage - He'll die alone.

Bunneh
03-09-2010, 09:33 AM
...in a gutter, surrounded by hungry rats gnawing at his decomposing body.

Sorry, I was feeling creative...

Kryptonix
03-09-2010, 11:39 PM
what a shit blog and shit person. No much need for us to rage - he'll die alone.

You made the frontpage!

Über
04-09-2010, 06:51 AM
What are you people complaining about?

This is unquestionably the best drama here in years.

Jimmy the Necromancer
04-09-2010, 12:42 PM
what are you people complaining about?

This is unquestionably the best drama here in years.

:/

:\

:/

Über
04-09-2010, 06:56 PM

I guess you just have to trust me with this one then, Jimmy.

Seriously though, "best" drama we've had in years has been along the lines of when someone we've never heard of is complaying about another equally unknown character ninjaing a lvl 70 item in a pug.

:;v

Turiel
05-09-2010, 04:23 AM
There's been some great drama here in the last year or two - the difference is we just don't care as much anymore.

Seriously, things that would have caused huge uproar 4 years ago are now overlooked. Guild splits, massive ninjaing, gbank stealing, etc etc.

Jimmy the Necromancer
05-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Actually I've been around since early '08, and I do recall at least 3-5 good drama threads. Not great maybe, but at least decent and above. Legendary ninjas, loud guild splits, guild spying, loot council failing etc.

Bunneh
05-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Kinda nothing compared to the shit that goes on in Eve. Mass corporation sabotage, billions of ISK stolen, scamming on a huge level with no intervention by CCP, spying and then shreding of huge convoys, oh and the lag's much more epic than WoW's has ever been!

Jimmy the Necromancer
05-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Kinda nothing compared to the shit that goes on in Eve. Mass corporation sabotage, billions of ISK stolen, scamming on a huge level with no intervention by CCP, spying and then shreding of huge convoys, oh and the lag's much more epic than WoW's has ever been!

Shoo.

Kryptonix
05-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Turiel, seeing as you're not replying to my PM's - can you name change me on the forums.

Thanks.

Malakali
06-09-2010, 08:39 AM
You made the frontpage!

Lmao, taking bets this guy is 40 years old, wifeless, friendless and eats cat food.

Metakerk
06-09-2010, 09:23 AM
More attempts for the frontpage!

Über
06-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Seriously, things that would have caused huge uproar 4 years ago are now overlooked. Guild splits, massive ninjaing, gbank stealing, etc etc.

Thought about that as well and I came to the same conclusion. Somewhat atleast. After having seen all those things happening dozens of times, it really doesn't have the same effect anymore, true.

But then again, some of the greatest guild splits and gbank stealings took place back in vanilla simply because the guilds just were that big. Having a 200-400 member guild break down certainly has a bigger effect than a guild of 30-40 members. The same reason goes for gbank stealing back then, shitloads of members can harvest quite a lot of goodies in their gbank.

Actually I've been around since early '08

Well, like I said, in years.

Legendary ninjas

Do share, please. I Can't seem to remember any legendary ninjas during the last few years. Though knowing my memory, that's probably just me..

Vegelus
06-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Well, horde /trade is sometimes spammed with "Remember Allsaints" and his "CAT ON FIRE... SOZ GTG". Don't know the details, wasn't playing horde then, it seems.

Oh, and the Dagonslayer, mostly because of "ninjaing" legendary.

Über
07-09-2010, 06:09 AM
Oh, and the Dagonslayer, mostly because of "ninjaing" legendary.

Mmm, I remember that. Unfortunately. And I really hope that wasn't what Jimmy meant. :p

Jimmy the Necromancer
07-09-2010, 09:32 AM
And I really hope that wasn't what Jimmy meant. :p

Ugh :(

Like I said, not great drama, but it's still there.

EDIT: billions and billions of pages later, does this count? (http://shadowsongeurope.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17586) Shrug.

Coven
07-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Very tough to stop it happening. We probably all have a story of when we've tried a sneaky 3am swap over only to have our ‘IMBA’ item yoinked away by some fool. Even if Blizz enabled us to see all of a player's toons via the armoury so we could name and shame mains, the fool could still dual box and have an entire account just for mules and N.AH campers. Just let it go.

There are thousands of players who are inadequate in life that try to reinvent themselves as something more than a mouse fart in games. Such selfish acts are unacceptable in real life and would suggest he (or she) is unable to form any kind of deeper bond to others, let alone sustain a relationship with a partner. They can have my items for cheap, along with my pity.

If that is genuinely his PC set-up though – nice! At least he has some money - shame he chooses to waste his life by seeking human interaction the only way he can.

omar
07-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Very tough to stop it happening. We probably all have a story of when we've tried a sneaky 3am swap over only to have our ‘IMBA’ item yoinked away by some fool. Even if Blizz enabled us to see all of a player's toons via the armoury so we could name and shame mains, the fool could still dual box and have an entire account just for mules and N.AH campers. Just let it go.

Given that he is (highly effectively) befooling you, I find your perceptions most amusing.

As for the diatribe, well, even psychologists with a genuine education are consistently deluded by their own inadequacies.

Coven
07-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Given that he is (highly effectively) befooling you, I find your perceptions most amusing.

As for the diatribe, well, even psychologists with a genuine education are consistently deluded by their own inadequacies.

‘Genuine’ education? Almost delicious! :)

I’m not a victim of his, so I’m unsure as to how he’s fooling me, but I’m glad my perceptions amused you.

I wish it was diatribe btw, it’s not witty enough to count. I tried to amuse myself by writing it, but had writer's block and failed.

I wish it was diatribe btw, it’s not witty enough to count

QFT

(In before anyone else) ;)

Ring0
07-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Dagon never ninjaed a legendary, he genuinely went and collected every hunter-obtainable orange regardless of whether he could actually equip it (http://www.wowhead.com/item=17182).

If I recall correctly he looted a T6 helmet token to some warlock over the actual winner, which led to him being called a shit raid leader - Dagon found this offensive to his honour as he was 'commender in the war here (Israel)'. Hilarity ensued. Also something about his name being a reference to the amorite God of agriculture and a funny .gif animation.

Malakali
07-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Fuck you, i am a commender.