View Full Version : Player apathy vs. New Guild rewards

Coven
18-08-2010, 11:28 AM
The "We are Legendary" reward (atm) requires the Guild to gain 6 of the existing legendaries from scratch, from launch. Just how cool will the guild reward have to be to get anyone seriously grinding old content?? Any guild members with the legendaries pre-Cata will not count towards the target.

For that, I think I'd need a v cool flying mount, like Deathwing humping Ony or summat... ;)

Vegelus
18-08-2010, 12:01 PM
It's Dark Phoenix.

Turiel
18-08-2010, 12:51 PM
People do far more difficult achievements for no reward other than the achievement.

Restor
20-08-2010, 11:12 AM
People do, guilds not so much (don't think ICC25 shard farm will be doable by groups of sub 15 ppl).

Turiel
20-08-2010, 01:10 PM
People do, guilds not so much (don't think ICC25 shard farm will be doable by groups of sub 15 ppl).

Really? BC level instances can be done by groups of 5 people I believe... so its reasonable to assume that Wotlk raids will also be easy once in Cata epix.

Coven
20-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Nice way to twink those favourite alts if nothing else :) Major chore though. There had better be something more than just the mount. A 'Legendary' tabard would be nice too ^^

Restor
20-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Haven't tried 5manning BT or MH, must take forever. I silently assumed You will want to do ICC HC for better drop rates.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind farming all that, just not every guild, esp. those raiding only 2-3 times a week will want to spend their time on that.

Tbh I have no clue why don't they allow to farm the legendaries beforehand, not like there's much to do before Cata anyway.

I want a legendary shirt (orange one of course!) :>

Vegelus
20-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Really? BC level instances can be done by groups of 5 people I believe... so its reasonable to assume that Wotlk raids will also be easy once in Cata epix.

Yeah, but you'll want to do as many HC modes as possible, because of increased shards' drop rate.

Besides, was MH/BT/Sunwell 5mannable in Naxx gear?

Turiel
20-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Fair points.

I have a feeling... you might be able to get the mats for the items beforehand (except 'drop' ones like warglaives, thori'dal) ... and only complete the crafting/quest after Cata is launched (or more likely, the Cata pre patch).

Or even if you can't start it beforehand for some reason, I bet you can get the achievement during the Cata pre-patch, where there will be a month or two before Cata launch where guilds are doing nothing.

Vegelus
20-08-2010, 05:32 PM
I have a feeling... you might be able to get the mats for the items beforehand (except 'drop' ones like warglaives, thori'dal) ... and only complete the crafting/quest after Cata is launched (or more likely, the Cata pre patch).

Or even if you can't start it beforehand for some reason, I bet you can get the achievement during the Cata pre-patch, where there will be a month or two before Cata launch where guilds are doing nothing.
Of course it will be like that.

And counting only new legendary gains shows that they've managed to leave all the needed npcs untouched.

Fnurgle
20-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Nice way to twink those favourite alts if nothing else :) Major chore though. There had better be something more than just the mount. A 'Legendary' tabard would be nice too ^^

The thing is, the bigger the reward, the more stupid this achievement gets. If it turns into a "must have", you will be more or less forced to roll the Garr dice every week with as many groups as the guild can accomodate. If the achievment reward is small, it just rewards guilds with people who wants to go for the legendaries for their personal collection.

Danzig
29-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Seems like old legendaries will count in last patch notes, so if you got em, they will count backwards.