View Full Version : Transformers: War for Cybertron

Bunneh
11-08-2010, 10:38 AM
I was a massive Transformers fan back in the 80s, having all the toys, cartoons on VHS and dragging my bored Gran to the movie in 86. Most Tranny games tend to be crap but there's a lot of mixed reviews for this next incarnation of the franchise - anyone got it? Any cop?

SoniqBoom
11-08-2010, 12:32 PM
downloaded it, intstalled it played it for max 20 mins then deleted it lol
nice gfx but just didnt like it at all, although the multiplayer does look kinda interesting (node capturing in 3rd person). but its all been done before in Unreal tournie series, game really isnt anything special, one for the fanoboys for sure but even they will prob be dissapointed lol

Rokky
11-08-2010, 01:26 PM
I agree, It's a waste of time in my opinion. It's the kind of game that a 12 year old would find fun.

Bunneh
13-08-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm going to 'acquire' it and give it a whirl. I'm a man of simple tastes:

'pewpew - hurhur robot explode hurhur'

Rokky
13-08-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm going to 'acquire' it and give it a whirl. I'm a man of simple tastes:

'pewpew - hurhur robot explode hurhur'

Lol

Bunneh
23-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Got it a few days ago *cough* and yeah it's a fun, brainless romp through the underbelly of Cybertron. The combat's a bit samey, same Decepticon models running at you repeatedly until you get to a harder section, where they then present you with another model which you fought 10 minutes ago. The boss fights are enjoyable, especially against Soundwave which reminded me somewhat of a WoW boss fight.

Soundwave is behind a impenetreble shield, he ejects his 'pets' to attack you and when you get their health down he runs out from his shield to revive them; that's where you pewpew his ass. The voices are great, and being someone who watched all the cartoons as a kid in the 80s, it's awesome to hear Soundwave, Starscream, Rumble etc etc shouting and screaming at you.

Visually, again, it's a little samey - similar environments but it's a metal planet what else can you expect? Oh and it rains on Cybertron... I love the way the robots transform into their vehicles and back, it's smooth as silk and looks great! Zooming towards a ramp, clearing a huge gap, then transforming midair to slice an evil Decepticon in half is awesome!

You certainly need to be a Transformers fan, with the ability to shut your brain off and ignore the annoying flaws (like your companions buggering off mid fight, then suddenly reappearing next to you). Treat it as a 'RAWR ME SMASH WOBOTS!' and it's fun; otherwise save your cash until it's on budget, few months I reckon...