View Full Version : Windows 7 awesomeness?

Bunneh
04-05-2010, 10:50 AM
I have an ancient Nokia n6230 one which I use for when I go cycling and taking pictures of my trips. I could not find the connection cable for it and had given up on ever being able to upload those images to my blog/s. This morning whilst mooching around the drawers for spanner I saw the tip of a very familiar cable; YAY it was the Nokia's USB cable.

From bitter experience with previous Windows incarnations I didn't expect much, had the bad feeling Windows would whine at me and refuse to do anything...but it didn't! Not only did it recognise a phone from 40 billions years ago but it also went online, downloaded all the drivers and set the phone up for me! Now all I need do now is get the Nokia suite (which is downloading now) and I'm sorted!

I had Windows 7 Ultimate installed on this when I bought it and it's been great! The only problems I had were some minor incompatability issues with my very old Speedtouch USB modem, which I replaced with a Belkin Wireless (again no install issues at all!).

Sorry just felt like sharing :P

Llort
04-05-2010, 06:52 PM
*jumps on the "I love Win7" bandwagon*