View Full Version : Guild transfer to Shadowsong

silverhair
04-04-2010, 09:56 PM
hey guys,

basicly me and my guild are thinking of transfering to this realm.
currently we play on sunstrider, where we have 1.5k alliance lvl 80s versus
9.2k horde lvl 80s and this is mighty troublesome.
we have wintergrasp once a week for example.

id like to know how this server is, i talked to a couple players who advised me this site.

what about issues like "instance cannot be launched"?
lag in raid instances during the usual raid times? (mo-thur 19.30-24.00)
playerbase per class?
pug raids into icc10 progression?
battleground and daily queue?
arena queue?

if you think of anything that might be of interest me aswell, please feel free to post it

thank you in advance

silverhair, invictus sunstrider

Turiel
04-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Well, we have an awesome community for one.

We were having 'instance cannot be launched' during January/February but not recently.

Same with lag - recently its been okay but it seems likely that it will return when there's a new raid instance plus world events together.

We're a big server, and an even bigger battlegroup (the biggest in the EU afaik) so queues are pretty good no matter what time you want to play.

Torm
04-04-2010, 11:41 PM
There's plenty of PUG's happening as well - Also the local GoldRun team has downed 7/12 in ICC25 (And going for 8/12 next week I hear :P), so bring your gold! :D

Feihcretsam
05-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Overall its a cool realm, doesn't miss anything

Ring0
06-04-2010, 10:40 PM
There's plenty of PUG's happening as well - Also the local GoldRun team has downed 7/12 in ICC25 (And going for 8/12 next week I hear :P), so bring your gold! :D

You do realize other realms clear up to Lich King with their GDKPs :p (10k pots)

Shadowsong's pretty cool, occasional bouts with server lag/instability. Nice community.

Flury
07-04-2010, 05:45 AM
Progresswise they would fit in with the rest of the guilds on SSE.

Enough players to recruit, so probably better then Sunstrider for them.

-what about issues like "instance cannot be launched"?
Haven't been getting it since the last month. So it has improved.

- lag in raid instances during the usual raid times? (mo-thur 19.30-24.00)
Occasional lag on sunday eve and perhaps a monday, not so much on the other days. Personally for me then.

playerbase per class?
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=388&factionid=3&minlevel=80&maxlevel=80&servertypeid=1
if that's correct, but you get the general idea

There's pre-formed pugs, semi-guildruns w/e. Not sure how far they get into ICC as I personally don't pug it myself.

random dungeon q for a dps averages between 8-15mins, tank instant and healer about 2-4 mins?

arena queue?
?

Feihcretsam
07-04-2010, 05:59 AM
The 10man pug I lead myself has made it through the first LK phase transition, and the 2nd run we host with out chars has 1shot sindragosa the first time we have seen her on those chars.

There are more of those semi-pugs with equal progress I think

Same with 25man, the one we organise has now downed 8/12 with Putri about to hit the deck (if it wasn't for individual DC's)

and Arena queue is quite good, at any time. 5's @ 5AM might be nasty tho

Eoopo
07-04-2010, 12:43 PM
hey guys,

basicly me and my guild are thinking of transfering to this realm.
currently we play on sunstrider, where we have 1.5k alliance lvl 80s versus
9.2k horde lvl 80s and this is mighty troublesome.
we have wintergrasp once a week for example.

id like to know how this server is, i talked to a couple players who advised me this site.

what about issues like "instance cannot be launched"?
lag in raid instances during the usual raid times? (mo-thur 19.30-24.00)
playerbase per class?
arena queue?

if you think of anything that might be of interest me aswell, please feel free to post it

thank you in advance

silverhair, invictus sunstrider

In wg it's the attacker thats win. :)

Torm
07-04-2010, 03:54 PM
You do realize other realms clear up to Lich King with their GDKPs :p (10k pots)

Shadowsong's pretty cool, occasional bouts with server lag/instability. Nice community.

Just means we have to push HARDER and raid MORE! :P

valence
07-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Lag-wise, for 10mans it's usually ok, for 25mans however, and during WG/World events, good luck. ;)

Faytul
08-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Have to disagree with the others, this realm (and Cyclone battlegroup in general) is on a piece of shit server. We've had so many connection issues over the last month our guild has had discussions about transferring off.

Progress isn't great here. PuG raids rarely get past Fester/Rotface etc.

The people are nice for sure, but in terms of the progression and technical sides, I think there are dozens of better places you could go.

Feihcretsam
09-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Kind regards,
The Horde

Gwynin
10-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Thihi Fei made a funnies :D

btw, alltho it proberly isnt just SSE or the battlegroup alone, take a look at the picture and guess what doesnt work for alot of ppl :P

http://www.shadowsongeurope.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=7&pictureid=84

Elexin
10-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Their login servers are spoiling my last minute egg-collecting-for-polymorph plans :(

vattghern
10-04-2010, 09:44 PM
The community used to be a good asset, but honestly I do not see it as asset of this server anymore (since mid BT I would say).

Since I am no longer playing here on my main and had been playing elsewhere for some time I believe I can evaluate SSE. Regardless of all the sentiment I have for Shadowsong I have to admit that it is mediocre server at best (some would say shit server). If you compare the activity (even trade chat) with say Tarren Mill SSE looks like a dead server on Horde side.

The PuGs I had so called pleasure to group with are usually terrible unless you happen to PuG with people from top guilds. There are few - one? - really dedicated and proper 10 man guilds. Regarding queues I think it is about the same as elsewhere.

Lagwise this sever isn't that bad. Yeah really. AFAIR you never had whole 3 weeks of server going offline every evening. A lot of servers are lagging with WG/world events and lagging more in 25 mans, guess it is no different here.

Having said it all, you shall consider moving here if you are about to join one of the better doing guilds (considering time spent on stuff etc). Otherwise I would say - look for some other server.

Flawless
10-04-2010, 11:16 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ArJT2GP2Pjw/Smihp4s1DaI/AAAAAAAAAI8/9kQp2ecJKf8/s400/pretentious.jpg

vattghern
11-04-2010, 12:56 PM
At least you have tried.

Malakali
14-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Progress isn't great here. PuG raids rarely get past Fester/Rotface etc.

Horde pugs are poo, silly cows and green people.