View Full Version : Shiver's lore thread

Shiverchill
04-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Well, its one of these times of year.
Time when im away from home & bored, so im trying to find ways to amuse myself and others.

So i decided to create this thread - basically its a thread for questions, answers, discussion and speculation regarding WoW lore.

I consider myself to be quite knowledgeable in relation to WoW storyline, seeing how i am very interested in all the books/quests/games/etc, and im pretty sure that my knowledge is somewhat larger than a lot of other people's. Thus if anyone is bothered by not understanding some aspect of storyline, or merely interested in "why did XX happen", i (and others) could gladly help out.

Also this might be a good place to discuss the current storyline (i dont like XX because of YY, could have been ZZ instead), or to speculate regarding what is expected later (i.e. Cataclysm).

Im not sure how this thread will go (maybe it will just die after 1-2 posts), but im willing to give it a try :)

Soo... lets get posting? :p

Turiel
04-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Why aren't you online to craft me boots?

Theory
04-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Why aren't you online to craft me boots?

because i already got them

Feihcretsam
04-04-2010, 07:13 PM
where is sargeras ?!?!?!?!??! QQ

I hope Malfurion is appearing soon

AngelSakura
04-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Yeah, /shoo Staghelm /shoo
________
MUSEUM (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_Museum)

Shiverchill
04-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Pff...

Well to be fair, Sargeras is kinda in a hard condition atm - after the war of the ancients he became "lost in limbo", so to speak, his spirit torn apart.

However seeing how he (who else?) is able to direct and speak to Varimathas in the UC quest chain, the wrathgate one, he is apparently regaining power.

Blue said that we will 100% fight Sargeras in future, just not this time

As for malfurion, i agree, its about bloody time to bring him back. I do hope Cataclysm will feature more of the Emerald Dream stuff

Ring0
04-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Who owns you in WoW trivia?

Shiverchill
04-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks for remining me! Ill need to manually rewrite the whole trivia questions lot, since they are a .... bit.... outdated :P

Feihcretsam
05-04-2010, 01:54 AM
I can not imagine any boss ''stronger'' then Sargeras, suitable for WoW's very very last boss imo.

Last I knew about him was that his body is in a naga tomb under the Maelstrom, and his spirit in Medivh (?)

I really hope that they bring more lore into bossfights. Fighting a boss along with Malfurion and a friendly illidan or something like that would feel better then with Tirion Faildring. And more CoT please!

Shiverchill
05-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Well, not entirely true.

Sargaras's spirit was destroyed (kinda) during the War of the Ancients. However, a being of such power as he, could not actually be destroyed, so he did regenerate - to an extent.

During the time of the Guardians of Tirisfal, he made a devious plot and his "spirit" entered the Guardian of that time (a woman, forgot her name). She became pregnant, and nore a child (Medivh) who was "possessed" by Sargeras. He was still human, not Sargeras in a body, but his will was corrupted and somewhat controlled by S. That is why he opened the portal to Outlands, etc.

As far as it is known now, Sargeras is somewhere planning. Its unknown if he is just a spirit or has a body, but we do know that he is active (as can be seen by the Wrathgate sequence in UC).

And yes, i want some more lore with Fights. Im not (no way) talking about having a 10 min "OMG you are evil so now you gonna die" talk like @ saurfang / LK encounter start. Im talking about things like Yogg (and keepers), Dreamwalker (you "assist" the dragon), Hyjal (references to old), etc. Moar lore, less "loreless" bosses plx.

Metakerk
05-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Bosslore @ Kil'jaeden style = yes please.

Feihcretsam
05-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Cataclysm reeks of lore though

Torm
05-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Hopefully, cause the complete reconstruction of the game sort of scares me. We might be going into an NGE here :P

Jimmy the Necromancer
05-04-2010, 04:03 PM
... and his "spirit" entered the Guardian of that time (a woman, forgot her name). She became pregnant, and nore a child (Medivh) who was "possessed" by Sargeras. He was still human, not Sargeras in a body, but his will was corrupted and somewhat controlled by S. That is why he opened the portal to Outlands, etc.

Aegwynn, also his seed (EHEHE) of malevolance just stayed within her after the battle where she "vanquished" him until she became pregnant after a wild night at the pub, transferred into the body of Medivh, and made his local pastor retire early.

Such ignorance must be punished! Bring on the tar and feathers, hooo!

Shiverchill
05-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Aint that what i said, Jimmy? :P

And yes, KJ style rocks. WTB Titan boss the size of a small building, with lazorbeams and lavawalls, and half the horde(or alliance) fighting at your side, including some dragonflight too.

You face not shiverchill alone, but the legions i command!

Feihcretsam
05-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Word.

Jimmy the Necromancer
05-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Aint that what i said, Jimmy? :P

Way I understood it Sargeras *made* Aegwynn pregnant, which gave me images of a 30-footer skewering the poor girl. Maybe that was just me.

Anyway.

I wonder who the next "This was merely a setback!" character will be.

soulshift
05-04-2010, 11:16 PM
Nielas Aran is Medivh's father. Otherwise it'd have been the longest pregnancy ever. Like 300-800 years or so?
Sargeras' essence or so was in her body until she became pregnant.
It's been a while since I read books. :<

Shiverchill
06-04-2010, 07:25 AM
Wailing Caverns was merely a setback! None can stand against the Serpent Lords!

Rall
07-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Wailing Caverns was merely a setback! None can stand against the Serpent Lords!

Not even Samuel L. Jackson?

I'm such a lore noob, so please enlighten me...
I assume Deathwing is the final boss in Cataclysm, do we have to wait another expansion to fight the final being of evil - Saragras?

(IMO - let the Titans handle him and make a new game)

Feihcretsam
07-04-2010, 10:23 PM
I think they could stretch wow beyond cataclysm, and most likely only the graphic whores disagree (buy a console and a 2nd screen, every raid has bio breaks)

and personally I would love seeing Sargeras as the last boss in WoW. What can possibly be stronger then the evil version of the strongest guy of the strongest guys, who are part of the guys that made the universe?

Evilstein
08-04-2010, 06:29 AM
Sargeras as the last boss ever in WoW would indeed be awesome but I'm pretty sure greed will stop that from ever happening.

Blizzard will probably keep updating the game with patches and expansions as long as they have a couple of million subscribers left.

Not saying that they won't make a new game, just saying that they can probably lose like 3/4 of the their current playerbase and still make profit from it...

Shiverchill
08-04-2010, 08:40 AM
lets say it costs 10$ per month per account. even if they have 3 mil subrscibers left (out of 11), they will still get $30,000,000. Per month. Thats a damn solid figure, so yeah, i would say that they will probably keep it up until it 1) Either has about 1 mil people left or so, or 2) is known to be a shadow of its former self to every man woman child and murloc around.

On a happy note, we all still play cuz we like it - even if we hate certain aspects of it. Im pretty sure thats what counts :p

Rhomburr
15-04-2010, 12:03 PM
You saying wow is some kind of never ending story? I agree it could go on for a long time but I think blizz will probably stop releasing new content when they think they think they can't improve the game anymore and want you to buy their next mmo or next mmo after the next one? Maybe its not upto blizz but activision or vivendi and they will decide how long wow will live.

On the lore side who controls Azeroth? old gods, aspects, titans gnomes or blizz?

Shiverchill
15-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Gnomes.
Thats why we "gotta kill em all".

Tbh gief moar old gods. And moar titans stuff.

Nixxar
20-04-2010, 08:36 AM
I just hope in the end we will face off versus the titans trying to save the world from being changed to the will of the titans.

Would be awesome to see those huge lore characters take their fall to their creations.

Shiverchill
21-04-2010, 09:45 PM
The end of WoW will probably be like end of WoW Vanilla beta - with Titans(demons, old gods, gnomes, death knights, lich king clones) walking across the world destroying everything in their path, capitals etc. When all cities are gone, server is closed.

Would make an AWESOME end for wow

Rhomburr
22-04-2010, 08:16 PM
A full scale war between alliance and horde would be nice bring back X roads slaughter and put the war back into warcraft. In years to come blizz might have upgraded their flee bitten servers and internet routers to one worthy of corp making $50mil+ from a shiny pixel pony and we could could have mass battles destroying enemy capitals.

Shiverchill
23-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Meh, warhammer online-style?

I do want some "grand" pvp thing, kind of like OLD alterac valley times 20 or so... Or huge horde raid wiping out stormwind clean, or something. Thing is, that will make things completely crap for the "disbalanced" side. there are plenty of servers where there are more horde than alliance, or vice versa, in which case the "lower" population will have to make another city their capital, since org will pretty much be perma-destroyed.

Also blizzard is careful not to let anyone "touch the casuals", since they play a big $ role for them. And if someone keeps destroying the city where these casuals hang out, its not good...mmkay?

Im not saying they shouldnt do it, im saying they are unlikely to. But i definetly want a mass-scale-battle somewhere. Either a 200-200 battleground, or a "Phased" assault on cities, so that only those who want to will participate.

Also, gief moar HUGE long questchains. Im talking 40quests+ or something. I love a good long story, i dont care that your meat supply is running low and you want me to hunt rabbits. I do care about snappy plans that involve me doing 15 tasks then finding out something new and having to do more. Gief.

Nixxar
12-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Anyone remember that place in the Barrens that looks like a Dick + 2 Balls? Can't seem to find my screenshot anymore, but maybe Shiver has some fun ideas of the lore behind it, like an Old God always represents a body part (Cthun = Eyes, YS = Mouth's), maybe this is the Old god with Dicks and balls, or anyway, it's funny (it's some part of the mountains from a certain angle!)

Shiverchill
12-05-2010, 02:47 PM
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/community/comics/images/ss311.jpg

Nixxar
12-05-2010, 02:48 PM
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/community/comics/images/ss311.jpg

Think I seen that on MMO-Champion before. It's awesome, no really :D