View Full Version : Hi there, old SS gamer back in the fold

Dervla
01-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Hi, most of you probably won't remember me, I stopped playing about 9 months ago. Was originally a Human Pally called Oorwullie, got a job about 15 mnoths ago that meant I couldn't raid like I used to, and basically left the game as PvP didn't hold much interest for me.

Couple days before sub ran out, I got hacked and I've decided to just ditch that account, thus explaining the new name and charater. Also because I can't remember the old email address as it was attacked by a slew of spammers!

Anyway, staying in the healing role, but as a Preist this time. So healings going to be a bit harder now! ;)

See you all in the game. :D

Feihcretsam
02-04-2010, 06:06 AM
welcome back!

I remember the name oorwullie from somewhere:p

AngelSakura
02-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Same, I remember the name Oorwullie aswel. reminded me of 'oorwurm'
________
Honda RA108 specifications (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_RA108)

Dervla
02-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks guys, yeah probably saw me haunting PuGs for months after WotLK's release. Been around since Beta and in guilds like Shadow Hunters, Soulriders, IoF and eventually Devotion and was there when we took out Kil'jaeden a couple days before the Northrend opened!

Level 12 now, so will soon be bothering people for PuGs at weekends in the very near future, no doubt! ;)

EDIT: By the way, loving the new look forum. I go away for a few months and you only go and renovate the place! :P

Thegreth
03-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Welcome back. And that name is familiar idd.

Benchi
04-04-2010, 02:46 PM
he was a paladin from devotion afaik

Feihcretsam
05-04-2010, 08:41 AM
RIP devotion

Morning
09-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Hi there, your paladin ended up in Perditions End (of which I am the GM) when you left Devotion.

You'd be welcome to join us again on your priest while levelling then go off and find a raiding guild at 80 if you wanted.

Get hold of me on one of my Morning chars anytime

Dervla
10-04-2010, 10:42 PM
That would be mighty fine of you, much appreciated. Yeah, Perditions End was Wullie's final guild. I think I had just left when I was hacked, so glad you weren't affected by that.

Should be online most of tomorrow, so will look out for you. Hours are being changed at work in a couple months time to a more sociable 8pm finish, so thinking about setting up New Devotion (guild title work in progress, natch ;)), in time for Cataclysm.

Think Arthran's plans for Devotion in WotLK were too ambitious in hindsight, probably the reason for the guild splintering like it did, but damn that was a good little guild that started late in TBC and managed to clear all bosses a few days before Lich King went live.

Morning
13-04-2010, 12:37 PM
I've not been online over the weekend so I don't know if you managed to catch any of the PE officers - I'll be back around from tonight

Morning

ámethyst
13-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi Guys, I am looking for a social guild and some new friends. I am originally a player from Lightbringer but fancied a change as i was away for 5 months and when i returned all my guild friends had fell out with each other n i felt stuck in the middle so thought id go Horde and try a new server for a complete change so if u have a friendly social guild pls invite me as i know no1 and dont know any guilds on the server n dont wanna embarass myself by askin a raiding guild as i am only lvl 8 lol im not the type to irritate higher lvls by constantly askin for boosts or gold ect just a friendly bubbly person in need of a good guild :)

ámethyst
xxx

Dervla
14-04-2010, 12:23 AM
I've not been online over the weekend so I don't know if you managed to catch any of the PE officers - I'll be back around from tonight

Morning

No problem, man. Probably be the weekend before I catch you now, working late shifts for the next couple months, until 11pm. All I'm doing is grinding xp to get to 80 as soon as, currently 45 and mostly through dungeon runs.

Tell you what, the new group finder is awesome. Apart from the odd issue of Paladin tanks thinking they can use a 2H in the likes of Mauradon and ZF. How the hell do you think I'm going to heal you when their chain pulling mobs and I'm ooming within 30 seconds due to your lame defence? Grrr!

Oh, and not using Concecration as well, meaning I aggro after just one heal! Wullie only went Holy in Vanilla WoW when I was kicked out of a UBRS (when it was 20 man), run as Retri Paladins were so not welcome. So first time healing in the vanilla dungeons which can be rather frustrating. A Feral Druid complaining about the Plate chest they just needed not equipping was today's gem!

Llort
14-04-2010, 02:52 PM
heh, imagine running dungeons, as a resto tree healing, dungeons from lvl 40 - 60.
I can tell you, a paladin tank, without a shield and no consecration is one of the most common things you'll encounter.

I had a warrior tank: When the polearm drops I am going DPS. (and he did) w t f?