View Full Version : Warlock ~ Holy Paladin looking for a home

Marcuk
01-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a casual guild working on Icecrown Citadel (10 & 25). On my Paladin with <Soul Of The Ice> I've managed to get up to Sindragosa but it seems we are no longer raiding.

I would like to primarily raid on my warlock because I'm enjoying it a lot more than playing my paladin in PvE. I understand my Paladin is better geared but the warlock isn't that far behind.

Paladin - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&cn=Marcuk

Warlock - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&cn=Lhokdalar

I have the raid essentials - vent - teamspeak - mic and the standard addons that tend to make our life a little easier.

What you can expect from me

On Time
Playing to the best of my ability
Focused in raids
Random guild chat talks quite possibly
Being prepared (pots, tactics, food etc)

What I from a guild

Competent Players
Arranged raids
A voice server
A decent website listing progress
A sense of humour
Working as a team to make progress

If there's anything else you'd like to know about me then don't hessitate to PM, /w or reply in the thread.

Thanks for reading

Ulfang
06-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Interested in faction-change? If so, swing by www.gravity-guild.eu and have a look around:) Happy guild-hunting...

Marcuk
06-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Unfortunately not mate. I get lost in horde cities too easily! ;)

Vaelorian
07-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Hey Marcuk,

AR is looking for a new holy paladin.

That said, in your current state (gem/spec) you would never be considered ever.

But if you want to know where you went wrong look up my profile or any other paladin thats doing heroic ICC 25 at the moment on the armory and if you are interested you can contact me. Perhaps you can turn away from the fires of damnation and walk in the light again. If you can fix it, AR might be interested.

:)

Cya around

PS: there is also another way to spec then mine in holy, you are close but no sigar

www.ghosty.dk/ar/forum

Marcuk
08-04-2010, 03:11 AM
Hey Marcuk,

AR is looking for a new holy paladin.

That said, in your current state (gem/spec) you would never be considered ever.

But if you want to know where you went wrong look up my profile or any other paladin thats doing heroic ICC 25 at the moment on the armoury and if you are interested you can contact me. Perhaps you can turn away from the fires of damnation and walk in the light again. If you can fix it, AR might be interested.

:)

Cya around

PS: there is also another way to spec then mine in holy, you are close but no sigar

www.ghosty.dk/ar/forum

You make it sound so technical, as if it's a really difficult thing to change.

Basically you want me to stack int and spam HoL and when the the mana is looking bad hit DP.

The reason I set up my gear in the way I did was because I was raiding ICC10 only, the damage input wasn't great so therefore being able to throw smaller heals out in a tiny amount of time was more viable. Don't forget, the higher the SP the more SS absorbs so this was also helpful.
If I was doing ICC25 heroic modes sure, I'd probably stack int myself and throw out holy lights, but for what I was doing, this worked out better.

As for the spec, in 10 man we didn't have a paladin with DS so I specced into to help out on certain encounters and believe me, it helped a hell of a lot much more than 7% crit would of anyday. Also divine guardian and the buffs it gives to SS (including the fact that it already absorbs more due to the fact of my higher SP due to gem choice) I thought it was quite nice.

That said, with your current attitude (ego) I would never even consider applying for your guild, ever.

Try not to be such an elitist prick, it's annoying.

(Don't know many AR players so apologies if some of you guys and gals are actually normal without being so egotistical & arrogant)

Take care

Über
08-04-2010, 06:22 AM
Criticizing someone's odd gemming and/or spec (FUN SPEC, LOL) always tends to hit a nerve, hence it should definitely happen more.

Roubhe
08-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Take a look at www.interlunium.eu

//Roubhe

valence
08-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Under "What you can expect from me" you might want to add:

- Don't take criticism well

Marcuk
08-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Criticizing someone's odd gemming and/or spec (FUN SPEC, LOL) always tends to hit a nerve, hence it should definitely happen more.

Well I guess to an extent it does but not to the point that I'm really upset that he doesn't like how I play. The spec isn't a 'fun spec' it was just more suited to the content I was experiencing. Criticizing somebodies choice of gameplay / play style due to the content they are currently experiencing is just dumb.

Under "What you can expect from me" you might want to add:

- Don't take criticism well

Would you take criticism well if was wrongly put on to you?

You can't criticise somebody that's done nothing wrong. You're just an elitist tool that thinks he can run his mouth.

You keep doing what you're doing, I'm sure you'll have fun.

Take care

Über
08-04-2010, 06:10 PM
The spec isn't a 'fun spec' it was just more suited to the content I was experiencing.

Yes, I got that from your previous post already. The (FUN SPEC, LOL) was rather referring to a old sse drama, which made me smile quite a bit when it took place.

Marcuk
08-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Yes, I got that from your previous post already. The (FUN SPEC, LOL) was rather referring to a old sse drama, which made me smile quite a bit when it took place.

Fair enough, I must of missed the old drama.

Vaelorian
12-04-2010, 01:51 PM
If you are not interested thats fine with me Marcuk. No harm intended.

I never implied tho that your way is "a fun spec". However if you do some research you will find that what you are doing is wrong in any ICC content if you wanna have max capability. And it is def. not about holy light spamming.

About Divine Sacrifice. My comment was not about that at all. Speccing in DS is fine under certain circumstances. What I meant was that RF is pretty pointless unless you pvp a lot and then perhaps you would spec differently anyway if you were playing as pvp.

From your comment I see that you did put a lot of thought into it so thats good. My apolagies if I caused you grief.

I'd like to thank you for reading my post and reacting in a serious manner. Too bad you already started calling me a prick and whatnot just cause I criticised your spec/gems. I'd hoped for a better reaction. Altho reading my own words back now, I understand where you are coming from. But writing it is still different from thinking it.

Vael

Marcuk
13-04-2010, 12:45 AM
If you are not interested thats fine with me Marcuk. No harm intended.

I never implied tho that your way is "a fun spec". However if you do some research you will find that what you are doing is wrong in any ICC content if you wanna have max capability. And it is def. not about holy light spamming.

About Divine Sacrifice. My comment was not about that at all. Speccing in DS is fine under certain circumstances. What I meant was that RF is pretty pointless unless you pvp a lot and then perhaps you would spec differently anyway if you were playing as pvp.

From your comment I see that you did put a lot of thought into it so thats good. My apolagies if I caused you grief.

I'd like to thank you for reading my post and reacting in a serious manner. Too bad you already started calling me a prick and whatnot just cause I criticised your spec/gems. I'd hoped for a better reaction. Altho reading my own words back now, I understand where you are coming from. But writing it is still different from thinking it.

Vael

I can't see how it's wrong, especially in ICC 10 content. The damage income from what I've experienced (Up to Sindragosa) was very predictable and quite easily handled with FoL.

As far as speccing into improved RF it was mainly to get down to DS. Sure, I could put the points in toughness and have a bit more armour / slight snare reduction (not really needed because most of the slows are removed by a simple cleanse). The armour buff is quite pointless as well as I don't think I'll be tanking anything as holy any time soon.

I will always reply sensibly if you put across a decent subject to discuss but the way you came across to me was very arrogant and elitist, I have no time for people like that. Maybe you're not at all like that, maybe you're as laid back as me, who knows.

The internet often makes it hard to get points across without causing rage as it's hard to tell what manner a person is saying something in just by reading.

No hard feelings anyway :)

Vaelorian
13-04-2010, 10:23 AM
If anything I like the way you think. Before turning this into a paladin thread... perhaps we can talk about it ingame.

Somehow you made me interested in you. If you're still not then nps :)

Marcuk
13-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Oh well, I'm glad I've managed to intrigue you but you're right, this is going to turn into a paladin thread so yeah, we should probably end it.

I would speak to you in game but I'm often playing my warlock, I enjoy playing him more than my paladin as this moment in time. We shall have to see what Cata brings for us!