View Full Version : The 256 year old man, yes 256!

Goonerr
19-03-2010, 12:51 AM
quite astonishing to say the least.

Li Ching-Yuen

When the Chinese herbalist Li Ching-Yuen died in 1933, newspapers around the world reported the news of his passing. According to his own testimony, he was 197 years old.

An investigation, however, suggested Li had forgotten his actual birthday. Official government records recorded the birth year as 1677, making him 256. Here is a copy of the obituary as printed in the New York Times on May 6, 1933:

Full story here: http://www.martialdevelopment.com/blog/li-ching-yuen-the-amazing-250-year-old-man/

‹ber
19-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Seeing the amount of threads you create, it might be worth considering if you should do the same thing as Troldepus once did with Troldepus' entertainment thread:

So I realised that instead of me starting new threads with movies etc. I should just gather it one place :)

Just a suggestion, but it seemed to work quite well for him atleast as his thread is on page 132 at the moment.

dantheman
19-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Gooner's Pointless Shit thread?

Goonerr
19-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Gooner's Pointless Shit thread?

dont see you making many threads, infact... i dont see many people making any threads, tbh i dont even know why i bother comming to this forum anymore, either nobody posts or the threads that do get made get flamed, so why bother, i wont bother posting in future if all my threads are shit and pointless.

SoniqBoom
19-03-2010, 10:45 PM
dont see you making many threads, infact... i dont see many people making any threads, tbh i dont even know why i bother comming to this forum anymore, either nobody posts or the threads that do get made get flamed, so why bother, i wont bother posting in future if all my threads are shit and pointless.

gotta agree with gooner here tbh, very few ppl actually bother posting on this forum with the exception of the regulars like gooner, trodelpus, bohemia, bunneh etc etc
be thankfull ppl like gooner take time out to post something to actually read.. if you dont like what he posts THEN FUCK OFF AND DONT FUCKING READ THEM!
its that damn simple, before you flame other peoples posts how about you take a BIG hard look at urself and ask yourself this one question "when was the last time I actually posted something creative, constructive or informative"
I for one enjoy the types of posts gooner makes in off topic tbh, he certainly does come up with some wacky shit sometimes but there nearly always worth a look and worth a read.

Jimmy the Necromancer
20-03-2010, 12:28 PM
be thankfull ppl like gooner take time out to post something to actually read.. if you dont like what he posts THEN FUCK OFF AND DONT FUCKING READ THEM!
its that damn simple, before you flame other peoples posts how about you take a BIG hard look at urself and ask yourself this one question "when was the last time I actually posted something creative, constructive or informative"

http://i40.tinypic.com/2d98zt4.jpg

‹ber
20-03-2010, 01:09 PM

I could imagine my advice helping you with this too. People who see your threads as shit, won't be annoyed by them since all your posts are stored in the same thread, which is most probably visited only by people who enjoy your posts. And likewise the people who don't appreciate your posts will be able to dodge your posts with ease. That should help to avoid the conflicts, right?

As far as I'm concerned, this should be a win-win situation. .Though your thread could still be visited by people, who are only interested in bashing you but hey - atleast it would be clear to everyone that they are visiting the thread simply just to troll there.

Bunneh
20-03-2010, 01:50 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2d98zt4.jpg

That picture's gonna take me a while :P

Ashym
20-03-2010, 02:39 PM
I had a dream about this last night after reading it, I went back in time as..... a cat... and told this guy he was gonna be dead old, and to sit like a toitoise and all the rest.... i'm a strange one :/

Malakali
20-03-2010, 03:28 PM
I am nearly as old as him.

Rokky
21-03-2010, 10:57 AM
I am nearly as old as him.

I thought you were older :(