View Full Version : heads up

golem
14-03-2010, 09:59 AM
delete this

Stocker
14-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Ok so the raidleader has his own screen with 25 people. Because he is in group 1 his own number is 5 on his screen. He rolls 5, thus wins the item according to his own screen, and is considered a ninja?

There are 25 people in a raid, and each and every one of these people will have a different order on their own UI. It is common that the RL uses his OWN screen to determine the winner, instead of listening to 10+ people say their screen shows something else. Or have 10+ people start saying their own number and wonder how it missmatches with someone's screen.

Sylfide
14-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Peoples different UIs makes it all different from every raid member. In our raids we trust the MLer to do the correct thing if we happen to get any item we will raidroll on like mounts or w/e.

You say that you are always 5th in your own raidframe so on his UI he was 5th so he won it. Not sure what you think went wrong

hits
14-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Seeing as I'm on thereónot taking sides, Golem just asked me to take a pic

Vegelus
14-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Seeing as I'm on there—not taking sides, Golem just asked me to take a pic

Hai, how're your bracers? Ah, you've traded them. Grats on buyng DBW btw. How much it was? 1500g?

@OP: Whatever, that's a raidroll, because of different ui set ups it will be different. And that's the reason I think RRing sucks balls every time.

hits
14-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Hai, how're your bracers? Ah, you've traded them. Grats on buyng DBW btw. How much it was? 1500g?

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/211_kleenex.jpg

Sylfide
14-03-2010, 12:19 PM
1 way to avoid it is to raidroll groups. 1-5 and then those 5 in the group that "won" can do a normal roll and the highest wins. Nothing to argue about then ;P

Kryptonix
14-03-2010, 12:29 PM
1 way to avoid it is to raidroll groups. 1-5 and then those 5 in the group that "won" can do a normal roll and the highest wins. Nothing to argue about then ;P

Same probabilities either way - out of the 5 in a group, whoever rolls low will still whinge about it.

Sylfide
14-03-2010, 01:07 PM
but they will know who won no matter their UI.

Sylfide
14-03-2010, 01:11 PM
1 thing is to loose a roll, another is to loose an item you thought you won. My way will make sure its just a lost roll and no confusion ;)

Bhonderd
14-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Dear Golem,

Iv just had a chat with you in game and we came to the conclusion you just dont understand RAID UI. I use the default raid UI that means my UI wil differ from many others Raid UI. That can also result in you standing on a different number on my screen then you are on your screen or even of that of your friends. This has been going on since i think Vanilla. So i advice you to just go ahead and learn a bit more about the game and then come back accusing me of being a ninja.

Given i am many things most not any good, Im a prick a sexist a asshole i would even go as far that im a total idiot that loves to piss ppl off when they are acting like retarts. But i am NOT a ninja, i have given away more loot that i could use to ppl that could use it more in pugs that my warrior was still using a 213 shield in ToTc25. (while i had won rolls on th 232 and the 245.) many of the ppl that did full runs with me can tell you that.

Ok for all the OTHER whining and Moaning.
Im the raid leader i made my loot rules clear at the start.
If i would have noted that TRADING / SELLING items is NOT alowed i would have kicked both of them. However the braces where traded becouse they where not so mutch of an upgrade for hits. The trink was soled out of part graditude for the braces and part need for cash. I dont agree with sutch things but what is done is done.

Next raid i wil form loot rules wil be made even more clear and item selling wil be punished by kick. However if you do it without equiping it until end of raid there is NO way of me knowing it so its a flaud system and you wil never see it.

Vegelus
14-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Next raid i wil form loot rules wil be made even more clear and item selling wil be punished by kick. However if you do it without equiping it until end of raid there is NO way of me knowing it so its a flaud system and you wil never see it.
Yes, it's harder to discover it after raid, but if most people that join your raid will be the same, it will be easier. And they'll probably notice it even faster, just like Hirri did this time.

@Hits, you've failed with the picture, as a tank I wasn't even rolling on that ;>.

Flury
14-03-2010, 05:15 PM
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/raid-roll.aspx go install it.

Ring0
16-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Press O. Go raid panel. Same for everyone.

Or get:
www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info9180-MasterLoot.html

Erendira
17-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I think even in raidpanel, everyone sees themselves as last in the group they are in.