View Full Version : Google Buzz

Turiel
11-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Right, so google buzz launched a day or two ago.

You can probably find it in your gmail account if you have one.

I was playing around with it, and yeah it's fine, whatever.. was basically just another Twitter or Facebook news feed.

But then I tried it on my iPhone.

Oooook. I can see random people near me (and by near I mean from beside me to the whole of the city) buzzing. Alright, fair enough, they posted their buzzes 'publically'.

But. It shows their exact location. Like house number, street, everything. Even shows me a map of where everyone is.

What. The. Fuck.

Yes, you can opt out of it. Do most people realise? Hell no.

Bunneh
11-02-2010, 11:50 AM
First I heard of this sort of app was from Stephen Fry, he mentioned an app called Grinder which allows gay men to hook up, using much a similar way as the Buzz app. I was surprised it was even possible, but then I haven't been following mobile news since my Nokia something was sat on.

It is indeed scary but cool at the same time, certainly make it easier for you to find the friends you're meeting on a Friday night. Can you set it up to just track friends (with their consent)? I can see that being one useful tool, especially for stalking *hides behind a wall near Turiel*.

Jurgan
11-02-2010, 04:28 PM
... a phone app that allows you to stalk people?

Im so there!

Not.

But imagine using that in a nightclub? Pick a target and then follow her home? Bets on a crime using Google Buzz within 2 weeks. Or less.

Saha
11-02-2010, 06:01 PM
But imagine using that in a nightclub? Pick a target and then follow her home?

Perfect opportunity right there Jurg.

dantheman
11-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Vodafone360 does pretty much the same thing.

Jurgan
11-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Perfect opportunity right there Jurg.

And just what are you insinuating big bear.

Alia
11-02-2010, 08:37 PM
First I heard of this sort of app was from Stephen Fry, he mentioned an app called Grinder which allows gay men to hook up, using much a similar way as the Buzz app.

Are you ready to come out of the closet Dave? ;)

Bunneh
11-02-2010, 09:37 PM
No closet big enough to hold me!

Bunneh
19-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Update

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools/print/news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8519314.stm?ad=1

Llort
19-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Love your sig bunneh