View Full Version : I'm not a QQ person but now I got kind of annoyed.

Danzig
07-02-2010, 03:20 PM
As we all know the overpowered ability vanish that we rogues abuse now and then is working as intended. At least if you follow the blue posts about the subject.

So here I am, in WG trying to get some marks/honor and fun while doing it and a retradin jumps me. Fair game, he got 1st shot, I was herbing and the battle had just ended. I realized pretty fast that this fight will end one way, and that is me getting facerolled by the paladin in question. So, what to do?

I wait for his initial burst that takes me down to 50%. Fair enough, paladins got some real nice burst and that didn't bothered me much, was more suprised I wasn't killed at once. So I waited until he used reptenence on me and I guess he waited for his cd's to finish. Great I thought! An opportunity to get out of here with at least avoid dying. So, I use my trinket, push sprint, and to be real sure my vanish wouldn't bug I CoS'ed to take away debuffs I had and they all were gone. Then I pressed the magic button and what happens? The paladin kills me although I'm 15 yards away, with no damage that occured in the log that could have broken my stealth.

I know this is just another one of those "vanish sucks, I must complain" but somewhere during 5 years of gameplay and zillions of complains about this superability I really think it must be possible to fix one of the most important skills a rogue has. Would be fun to see how long it took to fix paladin bubble if it failed 3 out of 10 times.

Flame me if you want, or even better, give me a hug in-game so I can get over this depressing subject.

Danz

Flawless
07-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Sounds more like lag.

Danzig
07-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Yes, a good guess. But however, this isn't the first time this happens and most likely not the last either. Rogues all over World of Warcraft are aware of the problem, and still, after years, Blizzard tells us that it is working as intended or that server side sometimes (extremly rarely) can't keep 2 actions separated due to the minimum of time between them. I might have misunderstood the technical bit but still in very rare cases the server can cause for example vanish to malfunction.

But we who play rogues know that is rather more of a rule that vanish fails then actually works, so my guess is that Blizzard don't have a clue how to adress the problem.

I just want to vent out my frustration, I really love playing the class and this makes my game-time less fun.

Slicer
08-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Resilience will fix it.

Kryptonix
08-02-2010, 02:51 PM
I would like to hug you, yes. An Alliance-only offer, though.

valence
08-02-2010, 03:17 PM
oh noes, did someone get killed in wintegrasp

Jimmy the Necromancer
08-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Gouging him or kidney-shotting and then cloak vanishing has a pretty high success rate.

nvm gnaw rofl gl hf.

Danzig
08-02-2010, 08:09 PM
oh noes, did someone get killed in wintegrasp

Yea, and if you read the post, it was really the problem with dying in Wintergrasp that was the issue. But thanks for trying to be funny, it almost, but just almost made my day. And believe it or not, I made the post in the rogue forum, you know, where rogues or at least people interested in the class, are supposed to hang out and discuss stuff about rogues. You know, the almost invisible ones, stabbing you in your ass and then dissapears. Or at least are intended to be able to dissapear.

---

And yes Jimmy, your totally correct. The thing is, since the ability is supposed to work without having to spend x amount of energy or x amount of combo-points I'm a tad dissapointed that Blizzard just can't fix the ability or perhaps replace it with a one that at least work as it's supposed to. :P

Stim
10-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Vanish never works againt retlols, fact. They push all those 3 buttons too fast for server to keep up.

Theory
10-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Vanish never works againt retlols, fact. They push all those 3 buttons too fast for server to keep up.

Lol
---------------------------------------------
But it does sound like lag to me yes.

Stim
15-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Then again I got deathcoiled out of vanish yesterday during what was supposed to be vanishing-the-coil move in a duel against warlock... You just can't tell if vanish gets the job done. Maybe it's my ping which is ~150 or something else but I manage to avoid most of terrible pve shit (like Devastation on those ICC Mini-Gluths or whatever it's in english) with much higher probability than pvp.

inacup
06-03-2010, 03:37 AM
Didn't blizzard say something like "Vanish isn't working as intended, but fixing it would make rogues OP, so we are not." ?

Danzig
08-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Blizzard hasn't, however a lot of the rogue community thinks so. (How now a ability that work as intended would make a class OP)