View Full Version : Warhammer 40k MMO in the making!!

Goonerr
07-02-2010, 10:55 AM
News from 5th February 2010

THQ has announced today that it is hard at work on a new MMO set in the Warhammer 40K universe and which it is set to unveil for the for the first time at E3.

According to THQ boss Brian Farrell, the Warhammer 40K MMO is one that the company hopes will run for many years and which represents the "highest ranking revenue opportunity" that THQ has.

The comments came in an an investor call (via Eurogamer), where Farrell described the project as "a very competitive MMO" and said that it would be unveiled to gamers for the first time at E3.

Beyond that very little is known about the game other than the fact that it will be developed by Vigil Games and that the combat will work on a much larger scale than in other Warhammer MMO, Mythic's Warhammer Online.

The speculation in the office at the moment is that that will mean squad-based combat, with players controlling multiple character to help portray the true scope of the 40K universe.

AWESOME!

Arthran
07-02-2010, 11:00 AM
news from 5th february 2010

awesome!

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fnurgle
07-02-2010, 12:39 PM
*preorders*

Flawless
07-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Been in development for a long time,

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6166560.html

Actually thought it was canned it has been that long since I heard anything about it.

Goonerr
07-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Nope, been following it for ages, i allways been waiting for a 40k mmo, sick and tired of all this sword and magic... specially since tabula rasa was a flop and its refreshing to hear they will unveal more at E3!!!

Thordyn
08-02-2010, 08:11 PM
I want to be an elf

Jurgan
08-02-2010, 09:39 PM
It still lives?

It still breathes?

WILL IT COME TO BE?!

FUCK YEA!

Bring on the horses and the dancing girls!

mmmmmmm

Is excited.

MOAR INFO MOAR

Goonerr
08-02-2010, 09:53 PM
It still lives?

It still breathes?

WILL IT COME TO BE?!

FUCK YEA!

Bring on the horses and the dancing girls!

mmmmmmm

Is excited.

MOAR INFO MOAR

I didnt know there were any horses in 40K... .and surely any females will be clad in massive steel armour? :)

Evilstein
09-02-2010, 06:47 AM
OMG! OMG! OMG! <3

(Yes, news like this makes me write like a 14 year old girl...)

Jurgan
09-02-2010, 08:13 AM
You fool! Do you not know nothing of 40k!

You have the Attilan Horsemen of the Imperial Guard, the "Rough Riders" charging across the battlefield with their lances. Yes, lances. With explosives in the tips.

As for the females you do have the Eldar of course, the Farseers and Aspects. But for the human females there is the Sisters of Battle, the Adeptus Sororitas the fanatical soldiers that fight for the Ecclesiarial arm of the Imperium, gouts of flame and faith to smite their foes!

... yes I do read up on 40k. Just cant afford the miniatures.

I would fathom that for the MMO, a guess naturally, they the Astartes would be one faction and Chaos the mirror faction since well they are of the same flesh and thusly would save time on modellings and whatnot. Just the Chaos tend to have more heads/skulls/body pieces from their victims draped across their warped armour. And naturally Orks and Eldar since they are primarily more "Common" to possibly entice the Fantasy crowd. Possibly.

And as for the whole will it be sustainable with just the 40k Crowd. EvE Online is still going strong with what, 100k subscribers?

Bunneh
09-02-2010, 09:31 AM
I recall similar excitement at other MMOs *pisses on the fire*. Don't get your hopes up :(

Goonerr
09-02-2010, 07:23 PM
I recall similar excitement at other MMOs *pisses on the fire*. Don't get your hopes up :(

Its different when you acctually like the concept of a game....

AoC = didnt have a clue about the story or lore and it was just like any other game.... blah blah blah

40k MMO = i know the universe, and i know it rocks... so more reason to be hyped, whether it sucks or not :)

Flawless
09-02-2010, 09:26 PM
MMOs Goonerr has posted about = failed, lets not get our hopes up guys he is yet to talk about ToR!

Jurgan
10-02-2010, 02:11 PM
You're a jinx Gooner! Silence! You kill MMOs!

Curiously, is there anyway to see the Sub database for AoC, AioN and Warhammer Online?

Flawless
10-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Seen this site (http://www.mmodata.net/) thrown around a lot,

According to the site operator, Cyberwiz, MMO Data uses a variety of sources to compile their charts including "press releases, earnings statements, interviews, extrapolations, inside sources, etc.". Since not all sources are equally reliable, a handy Accuracy Rating is included on the site which breaks down the numbers into four distinct levels of confidence.

Jurgan
10-02-2010, 07:10 PM
I see that, in the 150k - 1m mark that EvE Online was steadily growing. Never heard of Dofus though... AoC and WO divebombed a lot though.