View Full Version : 4 months later.... (Health/Lifestyle)

Goonerr
03-02-2010, 09:38 PM
As some of you might remember going back a long time ago i was here asking for advice on excersise/gym and stuff, i wont go on about the boring stuff but i wanted to share with my fellow SSE'ers what i have achieved over the past 4 months.

Going back 4 months ago i weighed 210lbs (15 Stone), i was fat, overwight, unhealthy, depressed and all that stuff.
Since my dad has heart disease and is disabled due to having the same symptoms as me all his life i decided to do something about it so i went to the doctor and asked him what the health risks would be for me going on a "RAW FOOD" diet (i would like to point out that now its more like my lifestyle than a diet since what has happened) and he told me that if i wanted to go that route i would have to plan it and make sure i get all the vitamins and minerals which i need, so anyway.... skipping forward a bit

4 months later i have LOST 28 lbs (2 stone) and i am much much more healthyer than the average person, i have a perfect blood preasure and cholestral levels and my skin has improved a lot too, i no more suffer from acne either, pains which i used to have in my body have gone, i no longer feel energyless or unmotivated, i am much more alert and my memory has also improved.... along with other health benefits i have noticed.

My doctor couldnt quite believe what i have achieved when i went for a checkup, and he congratulated me.

Bassically i just eat pure organic raw food (excluding dairy and any form of meat, ONLY FRUIT AND VEG), , and i drink atleast 2 litres of water every day, i do not eat or drink anything which has been created or processed, only nature serves me now, and i just cant believe how i have transformed my life, i feel so much better and happyer.

If anyone here is looking for something similar then i sugest you look into it too.

My day now consists of the following.

Morning: Wake up and have a warm glass of water with lemmon juice squeezed in every morning, followed by a selection of fruit.

Lunch: mixture of fruit and veg (lots of it)

Dinner: fruit and veg smoothie, with an avacado and some nuts... (dinner varies every day)

I also snack out on carrots througout the day. I also drink loads of water.

Feel free to ask me any questions or recipes, i have lots of recipes, any advice you need if you fancy trying it.

Our bodys were made to eat true raw organic food, not processed food with hundreds of harmfull chemicals, lots of people have said its not possible because you need to eat meat for protien... thats total bullshit, there is fruit and veg which also gives plenty of protien (avacado is a great source of it).... also some people may tell you that avacado is bad because its got a high content of fat... yes this is true but what they dont realize is that the fat in avacado is GOOD fat which the body needs and which lowers cholestral...

The fact that the avocado is an excellent source of essential protein is of little interest to most residents of the United States and other industrialized countries who are already consuming more protein than they need

you can get everything the body needs through fruit, veg, seeds ands nuts.

Anyway, feel free to pvt msg me or reply here for anything, or questions..

:)

Vegelus
03-02-2010, 09:49 PM
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5488/vegancarnivores.gif (http://img641.imageshack.us/i/vegancarnivores.gif/)

So... yea, think again if you think that vegan diet did it all. Or was important factor on your change.
Grats nevertheless.

zerotaste
03-02-2010, 10:05 PM
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals;
I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.

Gz on the diet success!

Goonerr
03-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Plants have feelings too you know :(

Clínt
04-02-2010, 12:31 AM
I'm a meatatarian ....

Myriima
04-02-2010, 12:41 AM
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sponsor

Couldn't resist, even if it's not quite on the topic =P

Kidding aside, congratulations, I am on a similar crusade atm, lost 20 pounds by changing my eating habbits. It's easier then it looks, it's making the decision that is the hard part =) Once you did that, you are gold. Keep it up Gooner =)

Turiel
04-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Interesting stuff!

Congrats on the lifestyle change working out well for you.

Llort
04-02-2010, 10:24 AM
a friend of mine should take you as an example. He too is overweight, doesn't really care about it. Short breathing. Bones aching. Bad skin, you name it.

And he says he goes to the gym (also, he stopped 2months after it). He said he was gonna do a diet. Which he dropped in a week or so. But! He doesnt eat fat things *he says*.

But when I am at his place I see all kinds of junk food going through his mouth. 'Oh, we aint got no food? lets get a pizza!' -_-' zz

Ohwell, I somewhat-semi-tried to *explain* something to him, it failed, stopped caring.

/me feels like linking your post, but I'll refuse :P

Bunneh
04-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Grats on the weight loss :)

Back in 2004 my Gran died, she was a huge part of my life since she'd brought me up from around 3 years old. As a result rather than blubbing my eyes out I ate, and ate and ate and ate. I ballooned up to around 18 stone (252lbs), and really didn't give a shit; the pants I had worn at her funeral didn't fit at all, I couldn't get into my cycling gear and on a visit to my doctor I was told I was class 1 obese.

I didn't make a huge change in life style, just stopped with pizzas, burgers (Rustlers' microwave burgers are the devil), stopped buying biscuits and reduced my sugar in my tea from 2 to 1. I had walked everywhere so that had kept my weight below the 20 stone mark but the remarks I got from friends and very honest family members did give me a much needed wake up call. I now weigh between 12-13 stone, can see part of my six pack (a 4 pack) and can fit into all my old clothes. Running is now easy and cycling is so much fun!

Another story about a woman near where I live. She runs the local newsagent and she was HUGE. She was so huge that her kids didn't need to hold her hands when she took them to school, they just stayed close due to her gravitational pull (bad joke). Anyhoo she stopped eating anything with fat in it (she claims) and started taking her neighbour's dog a walk every day. She's so slim now it's unbelievable, I have never seen such a change in a person and she's fully deserving of a massive pat on the back.

Again grats on the weight loss. Ignore all negative remarks they're usually from people with very little self esteem. Go go Goooner!

In regards to the gym. A lot of people won't go due to their idea that it's full of massive people with more muscles than a seafood restaurant. I found the more exclusive gyms were full of those types, but the local authority ones are full of 'normal' people just trying to lose weight. It's worth trying, even if someone's self concious - plus local authority ones are cheaper than private and (unless you life in Manchester) very nicely run.

Ooo and one last thing, fruit is good but be aware it's full of natural sugar which can hinder weightloss. Eating too much fruit can be bad for your teeth too. The current regime is up at 6am, out on the bike for an hour, back in, orange juice with a 'nana. Lunch tends to be a sandwich, turkey or chicken salad with a cup of tea (1 sugar). Dinner (5pm-ish) is something more substantial could be pasta salad, or one of the lovely ready meals form Morrisons. I do occasionally treat myself, say once a month a fish and chip supper or maybe an 8" pizza. I do count calories (2500 per day for a fella, depending on size), a lot of water with a drop or orange cordial to give it flavour. A friend of mine who is/was an instructor in the British Army told me Pot Noodles are great half an hour before exercise, so they get eaten occasionally.

Llort
04-02-2010, 01:38 PM
6am, dang, am I happy to I am slim! (Oye, I have underweight though, I have a huge problem that others would be jealous of). I can eat, and eat, and eat and eat no matter what. Be it chips, snacks, fastfood (yuck, I dislike it though), normal bread normal food, fruit (yuck :P).

Doesn't matter I keep staying on the same weight (58-59KG) My length is 1m83. That results in a BMI of ~16.

Anyway, congrats to both in this case ;-)

Goonerr
04-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Talking of gyms, i have tried 4 in the past.... unless you are there to build muscle and be dedicated they are a waste of money, i have my own £400 cross trainer in my bedroom which i use for cardiovascular excersises and its all i need tbh.... i dont do a lot of excersise and my healthy body and mind and weight loss is 95% down to what i eat, pure natural food that the body was MADE to eat, not the toxins, chemicals and processed food that you buy from the shops.

Sethanon
06-02-2010, 07:35 AM
Congrats on your succes, but you should keep in mind that not everyone can handle all those sugars (fruits got tons), if you hand out advice.
If i would eat that much fruit i would most likely gain, my diet consists of vegetables and fish, just some diary to keep my fat levels up.

And at the moment i am at about 7-8 workouts a week that helps too :P (5x lap swimming and 2-3x gym).

But it is great to hear you managed to keep this up, many people suck at that.

Goonerr
06-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Congrats on your succes, but you should keep in mind that not everyone can handle all those sugars (fruits got tons), if you hand out advice.
If i would eat that much fruit i would most likely gain, my diet consists of vegetables and fish, just some diary to keep my fat levels up.

And at the moment i am at about 7-8 workouts a week that helps too :P (5x lap swimming and 2-3x gym).

But it is great to hear you managed to keep this up, many people suck at that.

Raw food diet mainly consists of veg and you add fruit to make it taste a bit better, you dont just scoff tonns of fruit, especially citric fruit because it is bad for your teeth, if anyone wants to do a raw diet they must research it properly and know what they are doing, otherwise they will get the wrong idea and just do exactly hat you said.... munch on tonns of fruit.

like all diets, a Raw Food diet needs to be balanced so you get the correct amount of vitamins and minerals the body requires.

Also not to eat everytime you feel hungry.... instead drink a glass of water. 80% of the time when you feel hungry your body is just dehydrated and doesnt really need food, so after your glass of water if you stil lfeel hungry then allow yourself to eat something.

Sethanon
07-02-2010, 06:37 AM
I know how diets work :P, just thought you meant differently.
On a cutting diet myself atm, just to drop fat percentage, which is easy.