View Full Version : Trade carefully

Palados
17-01-2010, 05:24 AM
Today I have seen a nice AH trick that I didn't see before, though it probably was used a lot and I just was blind.

I have a few lvl 60-70 chars that I use for cloth/gem transmute and usually sell them on AH every 3-4 days. Since I don't really need money and don't fight for every gold piece, what I usually do - look at the lowest price and undercut it slightly. I guess lots of people do it (as well as auction addons that are not tuned properly).

When I was selling all those moonshrouds, spellweaves, epic gems at some stage I realised that there is unusually big difference (around 20%) between the lowest one and second lowest one. So I started to undecut the second lowest by one gold. Then I realised that it is always the same guy - Vfgyui - who puts the stuff for pretty low prices.

It is either some hacker selling other guys mats (but who would have such a weird name? and hacker would hardly pay for rename) or more probable - this guy puts stuff cheap and scans AH to instantly buy mats that are put at a tad lower price. If enough people do it before his own mats are bought this tactics might be profitable. At least I had to cancel the auction in one of my positions and relist the stuff for higher price. It is done early in the morning when people are tired and put stuff on AH while going to bed. I bet that in the middle of the day this simply won't work - other traders will buy the cheap mats very fast.

TLDR: it is always worth to look at a range of prices instead of the lowest one when you put your stuff in AH even if you value the selling speed over profit (like I do).

P. S. Sorry that I can't provide you some scam drama, that you might have thought of looking at the thread name :D.

Exera
19-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Might be slightly off topic but for people buying the new epic arrows/bullets off the AH you might want to double check before buying. There is people splitting stacks into stacks of 100's instead of 1000 and putting them up slightly lower then the regular 1000 stack.

If you're in a hurry or simply one of those that doesn't pay much attention your eyes might play tricks on you here and you might make a silly mistake.

Sylfide
19-01-2010, 06:58 PM
People here should probably poke one of the listed crafters and hope they can make a good deal on arrows/bullets. Shoudl be cheaper than AH

Exera
19-01-2010, 07:07 PM
People here should probably poke one of the listed crafters and hope they can make a good deal on arrows/bullets. Shoudl be cheaper than AH

Most likely yeah, which is what I normally do on my hunter, but every now and then you find yourself in a hurry and no engi online. This however is mainly just a small headsup to those that find themselves in this position.

Short version: Look twice before buying arrows/bullets from the AH

Coven
21-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Might be slightly off topic but for people buying the new epic arrows/bullets off the AH you might want to double check before buying. There is people splitting stacks into stacks of 100's instead of 1000 and putting them up slightly lower then the regular 1000 stack.

If you're in a hurry or simply one of those that doesn't pay much attention your eyes might play tricks on you here and you might make a silly mistake.

You need to sleep more Ex ;P