View Full Version : Top 10 irritating personalities in lfg pugs

Palados
22-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Shamelesly taken from MMOC-champs forums (http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-dungeons/top-10-irritating-personalities-in-lfg-pugs/). I guess people who went for pug pet and did a lot of heroics have seen all of those guys already and some of them quite regularly.
------------------------------

Running through a lot of heroics, whether on my rogue, my tank, or my lock, I've tended to notice a whole bunch of stupid people. My top 10 favourites are as follows.

#10: The Gearscore checker

This is the guy who instead of hitting mobs in an instance as dps is spastically looking at wow-heroes, updating the armory as fast as he can. Loudly declares to the group that in fact, he has a better gearscore than the rest of you and should be listened to in every situation. Possibly might be doing more damage than the rest of the people in the instance, but is only actually in the instance 20% of the time. Boot as soon as possible.

#9: The "I can't do this"

Usually a healer as DPS are expected to be mindless, but sometimes a tank. As soon as an instance with any degree of difficulty is loaded, (Oculus, AN, ICC instances, ToC) the "I can't do this" immediately proclaims "Don't have the gear for this, sorry" and leaves group. Is always geared enough for the instance, but possesses no degree of skill whatsoever. You could boot them, but their shame usually makes them leave before you can.

#8: The guy who did this a million times before and never had a problem with it

You all know who this guy is. He's the one tanking Bronjahm next to the soul fragments so they heal him 13 times in a row, or doesn't stand behind the saronite boulders until he gets 40 stacks of freezing ice and dies. He stands in the ghoul explosions in ToC, underneath Marrowgar, and in the fires on Goremok, but he never had a problem with it before. Declares this very loudly and repeatedly, despite obviously having no clue what to do in the encounter. Usually reverts to #10, and starts chanting his gear score repeatedly as proof of his knowledge.

#7: The dps who knows exactly what to do, but doesn't

This is the person who acts really confused when he chains off a 10k howling blast in the middle of 20 mobs and dies instantly, or stands in a whirlwind and demands heals, usually while standing in it. Will usually blame the healer after taking prodigious amounts of avoidable damage that should never be taken in the first place. Is often dead, refuses to run back, and instead asks for a rez. Should be booted at earliest convienience.

#6: MANA!

This is the healer that doesn't quite understand how instances work, or that they can in fact use things to regenerate their mana, such as abilities and drinks. Follows the tank around like a lost puppy and talks with one finger. Slowly types out N-e-e-d t-o d-r-i-n-k while not drinking, holding up every pull. Will usually crack in any pressure situation and leave group in shame. Constantly has to be reminded that they can, in fact, drink between pulls, and must be encouraged to do so.

#5: I'm not really sure what my abilities do...

These folks are the lost. The ones who have somehow managed to get to level 80 without actually looking at any of their abilities. These are the 70 point affliction warlocks or full BM hunters that mysteriously never actually use Haunt, Unstable affliction, or Bestial wrath. Usually have talent trees that are mishmash and horrible to look at. Usually pulling under 1k dps, or seen casting incomprehensible spells at the worst times.

#4: ... I had what ability?

People who, mysteriously, have levelled to 80 and don't actually know what abilities they HAVE. Usually a healer, usually when asked where certain things are. Things include such important spells as Abolish Disease, Divine Plea, Cleansing Totem, or Innervate. When asked why they are not using these important spells, generally stony silence or a quick group quit happens.

#3: This isn't how I do it on my main!

Ah, these guys. They do everything different, whether you are tanking or healing or just straight damage, they've done it better, and they do it completely different than you do. Never mind the fact that right now, they're doing what they're supposed to be doing terribly, they're just on an alt and don't really care, but you should listen to them, because they're in a top 50 guild in the world, and their advice should be listened to. Should be removed at the earliest possibility.

#2: Wow Life Coaches/ Touch Typers

Even though they're playing on their hunter, have one of you on autofollow and have 80% autoshot damage, these fellows decide to teach you everything about the game so that you can learn as you play. Usually a healer, this person decides to fill the void between heals with witty commentary about how the game should be played, usually resulting in someone's death immediately after. Is always baffled as to how exactly that happened while they were typing, there really shouldn't have been that much damage going out on a pull. They will go on to describe exactly what the mobs in that pull were doing by pulling out recount records. Knows exactly what everything does and is, just not how to play the game or how to react to it.

#1: The Entitled Prick

Probably fitting into at least 3 of these categories, the entitled prick can be seen pulling random mobs around, coaching players on exactly how bad they are, all while doing terrible dps, a horrible job in tanking, or a lacklustre job in healing. May also be your best dps, but is usually dead because he disregards any part of encounters other than his recount numbers. Links dps meters constantly. If he dies, the healer is to blame. No questions asked. If he was crushed by a saronite boulder, his health should've been maxed. Usually is able to heal or prevent damage, but never does. Nothing is his fault, you should've been doing a better job to prevent his death. You don't want to remove him because he's actually semi-competent, but he's just so much of an assbag that you really have to.

Jimmy the Necromancer
22-12-2009, 07:51 PM
#3, #4 and #6 I've seen and experienced. PuGs have actually been decent so far on the battlegroup, can't really complain.

Ring0
23-12-2009, 02:39 AM
Every time I come out of an Oculus loading screen I experience 2 or 3 cases of #9.

Flawless
23-12-2009, 03:34 AM
Oddly enough I haven't really experienced any of them (gearing my rogue up nearly exclusively through pugging). Had a druid healer today who kept screaming at the tank to go faster, then told him to wait. Shouted ROUGE at me after I CoS'd the debuff on the first FoS boss, and proceeded not to heal the tank on the last boss when he had the mark.

Faylin
23-12-2009, 10:10 AM
# 11 AFKers
As soon as you enter the instance, they deceide that -this- is the good moment for their bio-break.

# 12 The socially distorted
Whatever friendly way you decide to greet your friends-for-15-minutes, they refuse to give a "hi", and you start thinking they may have not yet discovered the chat-function in WoW. The second you stop pulling though, they suddenly wake up and start yelling in caps that they have at least 50 more randoms to do today and that they don't have time for chitchat.

# 13 The lazy fucks
Can't be arsed to respond to any request in the instance, do horrible dps, go on /follow whenever they get the chance and then, when after a wipe you see one corpse still lying there, say "im to laizy", when asked why they didn't corpserun yet.

# 14 The greedy 12 year old
You know how 12 year olds are... mostly interested in themselves and trying to get, get, get whatever they can. "If item X drops, Ill need it", "can I get Y".
Unfortunately though, thye often don't make it to the end of the instance, cause their mommy calls them to the dinner table.

Right, this is some of the folk I've come across, bet I skipped a few. I guess I can be put in my own category of assholes too, my favourite thing to do is leave a group that is badmouthing me (as healer) for having to drink one time in an instance after they pulled 5 packs at a time, and every dps was tanking about 3 mobs, and obviously kept all casters nuking away at range alive the longest.
It's maybe a downside of this LFG, at least as tank or healer. It's so easy to get a group. that if it's horrible, or if they act like jerks, I don;t hesitate a second to leave the group and wait one minute for the next.
I guess I also fit in the " I can't do this" category on my DK. I just don't have the gear for HoR yet, eventhough the LFG-tool thinks I do... Did PoS yesterday and it was clear I was undergeared for the last boss. I actually rather have people saying they can't do it yet, than people in greens yelling that it's fine.
I also leave the party when I get Oculus btw, not because I can't do it, but because I really, really dont like the instance. I'd rather wait 15 minutes, and go make myself some coffee than mounting a drake, dismounting to fight 3 mobs, etc.

Anyway, as you might not think after this, I do like the new LFG :)
(except for the silly loot sytem. Seen quite a few items getting sharded that people would have wanted but couldn't because it wasn't "their" armour class, gah)

Notafama
23-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Whatever friendly way you decide to greet your friends-for-15-minutes, they refuse to give a "hi", and you start thinking they may have not yet discovered the chat-function in WoW. The second you stop pulling though, they suddenly wake up and start yelling in caps that they have at least 50 more randoms to do today and that they don't have time for chitchat.

I am one of those people :(

Metakerk
23-12-2009, 05:00 PM
It's maybe a downside of this LFG, at least as tank or healer. It's so easy to get a group. that if it's horrible, or if they act like jerks, I don;t hesitate a second to leave the group and wait one minute for the next.

Exactly. Might also be a good thing though, if jerks (often the DPS) start realizing that their tank/healer leaves when they open their mouth, maybe they stop doing it after a while.

Flawless
23-12-2009, 05:18 PM
You'd be surprised the amount of idiotic tanks and healer's I've came across. "SUCICDE AGAIN AND I WONT REZ" was a good one after the healer didn't heal up on the first boss in FoS

vattghern
23-12-2009, 05:53 PM
I have come only to one nightmare PuG to this date. It started with healer claiming that DK tanks (I happen to be the DK tank) are useless. Well, fine.

Then he failed at healing at Bronjahm and after we finally killed the boss he went afk. He was coupled with 3 guys from Spinebreaker. Feral druid doing 1k dps, DK and Moonkin who all three happened to stand in the fucking fire and walk into beams every damn time. Also the latter two refused to run time after time.

To top this off I had to 2 man the last boss with our brand new healer. Whole nightmare lasted 40 minutes, however I do like the new LFG.

Ring0
24-12-2009, 08:13 PM
You'd be surprised the amount of idiotic tanks and healer's I've came across.

Paladin tank in HoL last week who was marking single mob pulls. Here was me thinking it was nice to get a fast instance for a change.

'MAGE DONT RUN AHEAD'
- I have a name, paladin.
'i no that but u play a mage'
- Yes, paladin.

After 4 minutes setting up the pull for the first boss:

'mage sheep left mender, its star'
'mage why are you targetting boss?'
- I have a focus macro so I can target something else while sheeping my focus.
'omg stop targeting boss'
- Okay paladin. I'll target the mender.
'u kno what u tank mage, i cba showing u tactics'
- Er, okay. I'll do that then, paladin.

Paladin sits down. I go and pop mirror images, we nuke the boss down, and:
'.....'
'smartass'
*paladin has left the group*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Ring0/Rimmer.jpg

Vaelorian
25-12-2009, 03:11 AM
#15: The guy that knows what buffs people should give, but actually doesn't. This goes for warriors especially. While having BS up themselves they ask for Might aswell. Or a rogue/hunter (or rather "rouge/huntard") who thinks he should get Might instead of kings, when there is a dpswarrior in the pug aswell. While not realising this and me obviously ignoring his cries, he resorts to yelling in caps.

#16: "The overly chatty and trying to get everyone to like him guy". He acts like this cause his itemlvls are like 218 and he doesn't want a kick. Does a shit job at everything, when fails tries to cover it up with laughs. In short this guy wants a boost. Especially happens a lot in the new heroics.

Vaelorian
25-12-2009, 03:17 AM

I totally am #12, at least the no "hi" comment. I don't like to say hi to every retard that is in these pugs. I just enter the pug, after the first pull I have a good idea on what the group is capable of. These days its usually crap dps like below 2.5k (more often then not less then 1.5k).

I do usually shut up for the entire duration of the instance unless there is something funny to comment on. On rare occasion I will tell someone that he should be playing NORMAL instances instead of heroics. But ofc.. they won't why would they when they can be boosted in a pug.

I emplore people to go "get boosted" by their own frikking guild plz and stop wasting my (our) time.

Turiel
25-12-2009, 03:25 AM
Nobody ever did normal instances, even before the LFG system!

Malakali
25-12-2009, 11:34 AM
I really never had a problem using the LFG system, even met some fun people.

Luck maybe but i think people just like to whine to much.

Flawless
25-12-2009, 02:29 PM
If you're tanking them I feel you never really have a problem, I never did when I pug'd them completely, but when you're left to the mercy of the tank who doesn't use avengers shield and waits until they run to the healer in HoR it's a different story ;p

Vegelus
25-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Well, Mala still takes Cruelty over Deep Wounds.

Malakali
25-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Well, Mala still takes Cruelty over Deep Wounds.

Top 10 irratating dorf personalities in SSE.
#1 Vegelus

Thordyn
25-12-2009, 07:05 PM
#17 - The Valoran.
Does everything right. What a prick.

AnteroVipune
25-12-2009, 09:03 PM
#17 - The Valoran.
Is never wrong.

Ryosei
25-12-2009, 09:29 PM
# 11 AFKers
As soon as you enter the instance, they deceide that -this- is the good moment for their bio-break.
So, I've seen loads of dps whining about their queues, when im not joining a heroic on my paladin, im on my feral dps druid trying to get a group going, which takes ~ 8 mins to find.. So yeah I get it where all the 'whine' comes from, but how come, when I join as a tank(i get instant groups)I always end up queuing again and again, due dps being afk and not accepting the group queue!

so therefore,

#11b The Pre-Afker
This person whines about the lfg-queues taking too long any time he/she has to wait more than ~2 minutes. This person queues up while thinking that he/she has to go to the bathroom, get a cat out of a burning fire, or whatever - BUT it doesnt come up to this person that 4 other people dont have a clue what this person needs to do, result : 'someone has left the dungeon-queue'. I just want to tell this person that he/she shouldnt queue up if you have other things to do! The waiting time is estimated, could be longer, but also can be shorter! Dont make it longer for those who are actually ready to go ;)

Valoran
25-12-2009, 11:09 PM
#17 - The Valoran.
Does everything right. What a prick.
#18 - The Vain Priest.
Lets the group die during a zombie holocaust because they're too busy putting product in their hair.

Bunneh
26-12-2009, 05:09 PM
He's Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer, more reliable than a garden strimmer, he's handsome, trim, there's no-one slimmer, he will never need a zimmer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b35O8O_5ZM

Rhomburr
27-12-2009, 03:41 AM
#19 Paupers

Their weapon or gear breaks OR arrive with broken gear and are to poor to repair it, rarely have decent enchants or any and have random gemming like they use a bag of skittles or twister to decide their gems. Will resort to begging or rolling need on anything so they can to sell it.

Borwin
30-12-2009, 01:45 PM
#20 The achiever.

This person don't have any achievements and hasnt done them with his guild, for good reasons. He will constantly whine for all achievements even the ones where you need a specific group set up and/or overgeared players. He will also tell you that "this is an easy achievement" whatever it is because his friend did it at some time.

#21 The stalker
This person will whine the whole instance until you kick him for being a jerk. Afterwards you get whispers from lvl 1 alts he created on your server just to insult you. He will mostly question your sexual preferences and brag abount things he did with your mum.

Ravenhead
07-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Oh well there are several more!

Random Warrior: "Heal me up"
Raven (as healer): "We are not in combat, you can eat"
Random Warrior: "I don't want to waste my food"
Raven: "So you think it's better if I waste my water instead"

Or...

Random Druid enters Oculus, go on first trash before I even finished LOADING the damn instance, dies and complain about my gearscore... he should check his brainscore first, fighting while the healer is not even there is not always a good idea.

Or...

Random Paladin in FoS HC: "go go go"
Dorighmar: "You have to go to the bathroom?" (imba quote imho)

Same paladin as before in FoS HC:

Shakahn: "Good dps (name I forgot) but you were dpsing the wrong target" (it's obviously #8 in the original list)

I honestly can't stand those always in a hurry... I am in a hurry for real life stuff 10 hours a day, at least in game I don't want to play as if I was using amphetamines.

Other things that irritate me from cross server people:

Rogues that don't kick so I get spammed by shadow bolts when I heal, being busy 70% of the time healing myself instead of group
Mages that don't conjure
People that don't buff
People that ninja pull because they want "to do it fast"
Random Grunt X in WSG/AB/AV "I know how to play this so do what I say" to what I usually reply "yeah I will, I have never seen this place, infact I got my High Warlord title by ganking lvl 10 in Goldshire"

Anyway I noticed one thing about players nowadays, don't know if any other noticed it... when I stopped playing in 2008 the most downloaded mod according to Curse was "Deadly Boss Mod"... now it's Recount... maybe it's just that I think bad but I am afraid a lot of people know perfectly what their DPS is but have absolutely no clue on what's going on around them. You can see this by #8 and people dpsing Tyrannus while affected by the debuff.

/hug

Raven

thurlog
07-01-2010, 10:47 AM
the devious tricks people come up with just to be able to ninja the orb from the endboss

Borwin
07-01-2010, 12:25 PM
There is real GOLD in old world dungeons I've noticed while leveling my hunter.

#??? LOLer: The healer who doesnt heal, dies all the time from ninja pulls, melees mobs and says only one thing: "lol"

#??? What me? Chose tank role just to skip ahead in the queue. Afks 5 minutes in the start, has no clue, may not even be able to target mobs, but manages to say "no u tank"

Sane
07-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Ha, yeah I have had some fun in the low level dungeons as well. Had a group with not 1 but 2 melee hunters, only autoshooting whenever the mob got out of range, a DPS priest who did 1 whole SW:P during the whole instance, rest was wand damage, i've done 50% of the damage done as the tank on several occasions.

Also had healers in Heirloom gear who decides that i can easily pull ALOT more, so they take it onto themselves to go grab a whole bunch of mobs, running far out of my range and then dying, then blaming me for not taunting off them..

Some people never cease to amaze me!

Ring0
07-01-2010, 08:23 PM
I often forget I am queued as a healer, much to Turiel's amusement.

- wtb heals
"You're the healer"
- Oh shit. Hang on!

osseous
08-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Can only think of one really..

the i-pull-so-slow-tanks which make a heroic run like 2 to 3 times longer then its even needed. Like i dont want to spend +30 min in an heroic, its like 15 min max :p

Faylin
08-01-2010, 09:25 AM
the devious tricks people come up with just to be able to ninja the orb from the endboss

[me] sooo, why did you think needing the orbs is a good idea?
[ninja] lol. its only orb k
[me] then why is it so important to ninja it from us, if it's -only- an orb
[ninja] quiet

I mean... why be an arse about something so insignificant? I just don't get it.

Flawless
08-01-2010, 02:32 PM
I like it when they need it as soon as everyone else has greeded then leave the party like they've just took the most valuable item ever.

Ring0
16-01-2010, 04:06 AM
I am pleased to announce the introduction of Shadowsong's very own entries to the above list.

Enter Réléntléz (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-achievements.xml?r=Shadowsong&cn=R%C3%A9l%C3%A9ntl%C3%A9z&gn=Unavailable) & Acíém (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-achievements.xml?r=Shadowsong&cn=Ac%C3%AD%C3%A9m&gn=Unavailable).

Basically enter random heroic after reset, it ends up being Stratholme. These two go AFK at the entrance without saying anything. Come back eventually so we can start the event.

Quick inspect glance tells me "Oh dear, it's going to be one of those groups"; however it wasn't just a bad group: Aciem was literally doing nothing, didn't even bother to target something for 8 waves of trash and 2 bosses. To be fair to him he never said anything in party chat so he probably fell asleep on /follow to his friend. Anyways, vote is initiated to kick him after 2nd boss:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Ring0/Relentless1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Ring0/Relentless2.jpg

We let Arthas die and reset the event, then sat still doing nothing to make Relentless quit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Ring0/Relentless3.jpg

Oh and, grats on ninjaing Necromancer's Amulet. You're a really big man now, may the 5g 34s 34c help you improve in hitherto unexpected ways!

Anyways, 5-man heroics are serious business and all that. I don't really care myself, but (un)luckily getting shit PuG from Shadowsong = boost site rankings with drama thread.

Über
16-01-2010, 08:59 AM
boost site rankings with drama thread.

You cannot create drama out of a Necromancer's Amulet & slacking on a random 5-man. I mean, it's just impossible. I do know we're short on drama, as always these days, but it surely doesn't help to try and force it. Instead of that, try the opposite. Wait with uttermost patience and when the opportunity shows itself after an almost endless wait - feast yourself until you feel bloated. And after everything has been consumed 'til the last drop, withdraw back to the shadows to slumber in silence, patiently waiting.

Ring0
16-01-2010, 04:29 PM
That'd have to be a major ninja to sate my thirst for drama. Possibly some IRL feud as well.

Say where's Devilstrife lately.

SoniqBoom
16-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Say where's Devilstrife lately.

he server transfered with most of his guild because of the drama created here on SSE lol, he still jumps on his lowbie alt to spam trade late at night pretty sure "MansMilk" is his alt

Notafama
18-01-2010, 10:50 AM
tbh WoW just needs ingame mods that ban people that act retarded.

Turiel
18-01-2010, 10:59 AM
You want to be banned? :P

Bunneh
18-01-2010, 05:39 PM
There'd be fuck all players left.

Coven
19-01-2010, 04:42 PM
#?? The Solo Rogue Hero / Slummer

1. Targets any mob he wants to coz he's IMBA and that's just how he rolls.
2. Races the rest of the group on mob kills, coz he's IMBA and that's how he rolls.
3. Secretly wishes Evasion didn’t have a c/d.
4. Secretly relishes aggro gain to prove he's IMBA.
5. Thinks any gear with Stamina is redundant coz there iz healz.
6. Refuses to move in AOE as that may affect his #1 Recount placing that a relatively undergeared DPS warrior is catching up on, and anyway, lolz, if you could heal properly you could easily keep me up.
7. Often says "...Look at my gear..." and "...that just cost me another 200g..."
8. Complains when he dies.
9. Blames his #2 Recount place on “being dead all the time”
10. Fails to understand LOS mechanics.
11. When LOS mechanics are explained (again) will offer you friendly advice such as "...you know, there's a spell called L A Y-O N-H A N D S..."
12. Doesn't seem to understand c/d mechanics and that you've already written a LoH macro for him, which you've NEVER had to do before.
13. Constantly tells you he doesn’t need to be in this instance, he’s just bored between raids in his top raid guild.
14. The fact that that he is in the instance during peak raid times does not seem to be an issue and fails to recognise any sarcastic commentary to that effect.
15. Rolls on all epic items as that will “help pay for my repair costs”

So... if any of you fancy a Heroic with my Rogue alt... ;D

Slicer
19-01-2010, 06:01 PM
All good rogues fit that bill.

... or at least the first four.

Flawless
19-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Number 1 point there, most rogues will target the mob with the most HP to not waste combo points [/seriousbusinessheroics]

Rochaid
19-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Most annoying personality ever:
The tank that signs up for a random heroic and instantly leaves after we've all entered the dungeon. Wasting 15mins of our life waiting for the random queue buff to fade away. DIAF asstanks!

Belaial
20-01-2010, 01:05 PM
The tank that signs up for a random heroic and instantly leaves after we've all entered the dungeon. Wasting 15mins of our life waiting for the random queue buff to fade away. DIAF asstanks!

/agreed

Faylin
20-01-2010, 01:46 PM

Roll a tank

Madorin
20-01-2010, 02:27 PM

I'll counter that:
Annoying ass DPS who queue then go afk qq'ing about long wait times. Then when I queue to boost their scrubbyness they never are there to click. Making me wait 3 sometimes 4 queue attempts before all you twats click accept irritates the hell out of me. You waste our time by going afk and when we tanks finally do grace your presence you treat us like shit and think you can run the show...sit down, shut up and do as your told and the instance is over in 20minutes.

Bunneh
20-01-2010, 03:31 PM
/pats Madorin

There there it's okay, your pain is understood. Here have a cookie and I'll put a pot of tea on the stove :)

Sylfide
20-01-2010, 04:11 PM
I will mention 80% of the Ravencrest population. So many asshats there.

Ring0
20-01-2010, 05:27 PM
So true. There's always an AFK DPS on random group queues. And there's always at least one DPSer not pulling weight/deciding that now is a good time to go AFK and on follow when you do finally get through the queue. Useless wankers.

Metakerk
20-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Since I finally pulled myself together and gave my DK a proper tanking set, I enjoy the fun and privilege of running heroics as a tank.
One of these random DPS whiners found it enjoyable to leave his pet running all about the place aggroing just about anything. While it's not considerably difficult to manage extra mobs, I asked him politely to please control it for the sake of skipping trash and completing the instance faster. He found his "c[_] Care cup is empty." and continued making random insulting comments. When I suggested to my group to kickvote said player, they did not know what I was talking about. I wished them good luck, left the group and queued for another, which ofcourse popped up about 2 seconds later.

Beaucaire
21-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Ooo oooo oooOO! I have alot of nabs to show off! I need to take photo's of these guys I have had some good one in my time.

I think I have had all 20 of the Named Assholes in my groups.
Sadly I only remember a few of these people
#10: The Gearscore checker - Hall of Reflection (I see the point in doing this but it was pointless.)
Warrior: O my god the healer sucks and I am too over geared for here am so not tanking this someone else go healer.
Me: The Healer has full T8.5 ¬.¬
Warrior: Am not tanking with a T8.5 Healer I want a better one. I am going DPS.
Me: Fine I'll tank.
(I had to tank but I have worse gear than him in my tank gear, he had ilvl245, I have ilvl232,)
(at the end of the instance, just before Arthas, the jackass runs to the end of the Big ass walk way and stands there and we have to 4man it.)
Me: just wipe it.
Warrior: Rez me paladin nab.
Me: No.
Warrior: OMG you guys fail am away back to my hardcore raids.
(warrior leaves.)
Me: that Guy doesn't even know what a hardcore raid is...
(The rest of the group of course told him he was a jackass and that he sucked.)

Never had the #9: The "I can't do this"

#8: The guy who did this a million times before and never had a problem with it (was in PoS heroic)
Had this guy once, but he never had the achievement and he said "I Have it on my main you nab." then he died and I said "If you had it on your main then why did you have over 40 stacks?"

#7: The dps who knows exactly what to do, but doesn't
Had this guy, wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be because he blamed the healer and left.

#6: MANA!
Never had this as the healer, was always a mage or warlock and the group and myself normally screamed EVOCAT! or LIFE TAP YOU IDIOT! Since they didn't know what those moves where.

#5: I'm not really sure what my abilities do...
I got stuck with one of these guys doing a heroic in the evening, was a 12year old, was a DK who had a fucked up specc I was like "is he a tank, is he a dps, or is he somthing cause thats not a Frost DPS or Frost Tank specc because half is in Frost and half is in Unholy..." of course he said he was a Tank. Sadly he never got to do it. *kick*

4, 3 and 2 I never had.

Had this dude and I proved him wrong and it was fantasic. Wish I SSed it.
It was a DK I believe called Mchamish on Silvermoon no wait, that guy is a hunter. It was a guy in Genesis on Silvermoon, I believe it was eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&cn=Capricornn
Ok what happened was simple, after the 1st boss he went
Capricornn: OMG I am carrying this group lolol *links DPS meters* I am too good for this group I am carrying it, lolol.
Me: No your not, Because your DPS meters is wrong, it says you have did 1million Damage since you came in. We are no were near this instance having 1million hp and let alone you doing it all. *links DPS meter* the real fact is the group is carrying you.
I think the DPS meter went: Me as Retri, A mage and then the tank who was a warrior and last him. with the healer doing some damage.
He moaned that he was too awsome to be there to have that low DPS and he was carrying the group and the group just sucks.
The mage turned round and went "If you suck so much then why don't you have Algalon 25man like me? O yer I forgot, scrubs can't do hardmodes."
Then of course he moaned he was too good for algalon and linked his Tribute to mad skill and then the whole group laughed at him because he has never did Ulduar 10 Hardmodes :P

Coven
21-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Had this dude and I proved him wrong and it was fantasic. Wish I SSed it.
It was a DK I believe called Mchamish on Silvermoon no wait, that guy is a hunter. It was a guy in Genesis on Silvermoon, I believe it was eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&cn=Capricornn
Ok what happened was simple, after the 1st boss he went
Capricornn: OMG I am carrying this group lolol *links DPS meters* I am too good for this group I am carrying it, lolol.
Me: No your not, Because your DPS meters is wrong, it says you have did 1million Damage since you came in. We are no were near this instance having 1million hp and let alone you doing it all. *links DPS meter* the real fact is the group is carrying you.
I think the DPS meter went: Me as Retri, A mage and then the tank who was a warrior and last him. with the healer doing some damage.
He moaned that he was too awsome to be there to have that low DPS and he was carrying the group and the group just sucks.
The mage turned round and went "If you suck so much then why don't you have Algalon 25man like me? O yer I forgot, scrubs can't do hardmodes."
Then of course he moaned he was too good for algalon and linked his Tribute to mad skill and then the whole group laughed at him because he has never did Ulduar 10 Hardmodes :P

Sounds to me like he may have been having a laugh with you all, knowing full well his DPS sucked and wanting to have some banter?

Turiel
21-01-2010, 01:57 PM
I do try and confuse pugs as much as possible :)

Like I keep telling hunters to sheep (they control animals so ofc they can sheep), or asking the dk to heal with rune strike or whatever.

Helps pass the time in these damn 5man dungeons I hate and am forced to do for badges :P

thurlog
21-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Like I keep telling hunters to sheep (they control animals so ofc they can sheep),

thanks for the tip, sure going to use that one :)

Coven
22-01-2010, 09:50 AM
thanks for the tip, sure going to use that one :)

Beastmastery Hunterers could make them big, red and angry too, stands to reason.

Ruoste
31-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Lovely experience with a tank that refused to press the taunt button. When someone aggroed (which didn't even happen a lot) he said "you die" or he did /sit and then called them morons. :|
Another one to ignore list.

Edit: Should say I was on my DK. I usually don't notice tanks like that on my hunter. :)

Vegelus
31-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Seems he took some of the tankspot advices too deeply, or had some bad experience before. Lots of tanks does that when you pull groups instead of letting them do their jobs. Or have triggerhappy AoErs firing up everything they have with all trinkets second after pull. Bit annoying tbh.
So with instant queue for tanks, it's a simple rule: /say "you spank it, you tank it" and /sit.

Deng
31-01-2010, 12:16 PM
So with instant queue for tanks, it's a simple rule: /say "you spank it, you tank it" and /sit.

Doesn't really matter. Either it's a veeery bad dps that won't make 1/5th of your aggro or it is a good one that can aoe everything in 3 seconds anyway.

Vegelus
31-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Well, most of tanks seems to use that phrase for first type of puggers. And funny thing is, that those puggers pulling groups ahead, while you're still tanking previous one, are often saying that tank is not fast enough and they're speeding it up, but they are last ones on the meters in the same time.
Well, you know that I'd end up using that phrase quite often. :>

Deng
31-01-2010, 12:50 PM
On my tonk I can't let them die, that's who I am :) I will babysit them if needed.

On my dps I cba to care unless mobs are after the healer, everything dies in a seconds anyway (and you know that).

Either way - only two people are required to clear the instance, me as a tank or dps and a healer (unless it's HoR), and the healers I usually meet are the most competent out of the rest of the group (and have the gear for ICC25, so they're terribly bored inside the 5 mans). That "the rest" is only an addition, they can be slackers, morons, afkers, morons, avg-ilvl-158 alts, morons, elitist pricks, morons and in the end - a very good players (hey, you meet these too (and morons)).

I votekicked only twice when people started arguing with each other on every pull, acting dumb, and it took 5 times longer than it should with me outtanking the tank and still outdpsing the dpsers.

Haplo
01-02-2010, 08:06 AM
this weekend i met a dk (not from sse) in a pug for the daily... He managed to do less then 1k dps... and his gear.... 232-245 ilvl... with a green weapon.... And he had no clue. Other had a good laugh at him and even helped him to do more then 1k dps.

valence
01-02-2010, 09:56 AM
On my tank I don't mind people going ahead and pulling, in fact i think it's good that they are somewhat active rather than in faceroll mode + it makes my tank dps even more awesome;)

A new category should be made for the ret pala who got outdamaged overall by my resto druid in CoS. At least he apologised for this dps ...

Gryzzla
02-02-2010, 03:17 PM
this weekend i met a dk (not from sse) in a pug for the daily... He managed to do less then 1k dps... and his gear.... 232-245 ilvl... with a green weapon.... And he had no clue.

its really a good idea to keep your password secret
especially if you have a younger brother :D

I once met such a child in the party, but he once confessed that he was 11 years old and his mother went shopping
It was cultured and educated child, and he liked our party, so we decided not to kick him
:)

Malakali
02-02-2010, 03:30 PM
I once met such a child in the party, but he once confessed that he was 11 years old and his mother went shopping
It was cultured and educated child, and he liked our party, so we decided not to kick him
:)

You..what? Huh?

Hopekj
09-02-2010, 12:51 AM
yea-wth?

Über
09-02-2010, 10:44 AM
You..what? Huh?

yea-wth?

What's so hard to grasp in that post? Surely it's far from perfect English but I thought it's still completely understandable. :l

Senex
09-02-2010, 11:13 AM
this weekend i met a dk (not from sse) in a pug for the daily... He managed to do less then 1k dps... and his gear.... 232-245 ilvl... with a green weapon.... And he had no clue. Other had a good laugh at him and even helped him to do more then 1k dps.

- Hey, %FailPlayerName%, can you give me some advice on DK DPS?
- sure thing lol
- I'm trying to figure out how to do below 1K DPS, but I end up doing more than that just by autoattacking. What's your secret?

Malakali
09-02-2010, 01:38 PM
What's so hard to grasp in that post? Surely it's far from perfect English but I thought it's still completely understandable. :l

Then you enlighten us.

Über
09-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Then you enlighten us.

Well, this is how I understood the part which you quoted:

Gryzzla was grouped with a player such as the one Haplo described in his post. The player confessed that he was in fact a 11-year-old boy who was playing the game while his mother was shopping.* And instead of kicking him they continued with the instance with the kid onboard, since he was smart enough** and liked their group.

*Apparently the wow character belonged to his mother and he was just playing around with it, since Gryzzla decided to mention the part about the mother. Or maybe playing wow was something the boy used to do with his mother.

**Or instead of being smart, maybe the kid had played wow before and knew how to play in a way which made him somewhat useful. Or maybe the boy simply appeared to be mature enough so the rest of the group could be bothered with dragging him through the instance. All this is obviously just guessing, since the post left quite a lot unexplained.

And as a general note, posts like this shouldn't be translated using the exact translations of certain words and sayings but rather by the big picture. Like the word 'cultured' for example, as I highly doubt that the boy discussed anything which would explain the use of that term.

Malakali
09-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Completely understandable!

Coven
09-02-2010, 02:47 PM
I know 7 year olds that kick my arse at MarioKart and I'm a SNES vet. I look at the other adults in the group with a wink to say "...obv I let the little blighter win..." *cough* Age shouldn't have a major bearing on skill; WoW's not a 100% realistic flight sim or the like. Only downside to kids is the inane chitter chatter.

Über
09-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Completely understandable!

The main point was, as I portraited. I was just amusing myself with the guessing part.

Senex
09-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Like the word 'cultured' for example, as I highly doubt that the boy discussed anything which would explain the use of that term.

I believe that Gryzzla meant that the 11-year-old in question was very nice and polite for a WoW-player, so they didn't kick him despite his otherwise subpar performance.

(The Russian word "культурный" can be translated as 'cultured', 'cultural', 'polite' or even 'cultivated' or 'tame'. In this case, 'polite' is definitely the proper term).

Coven
09-02-2010, 04:23 PM
культурный

The Russian alphabet rox. Everything looks like it belongs on an alien spaceship ^^ (that's a good thing btw).

Vegelus
09-02-2010, 04:47 PM
The Russian alphabet.It's not "Russian alphabet", it wasn't even invented in Russia. It's Cyrillic alphabet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrillic_alphabet

Fnurgle
09-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Russian ninjas, everywhere.

Coven
10-02-2010, 01:18 PM
It's not "Russian alphabet", it wasn't even invented in Russia. It's Cyrillic alphabet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrillic_alphabet

Please forgive my ignorance. It's still pretty kew tho.

Bunneh
10-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Tis amazing what you learn on this forums; sometimes it's about the origin of a language other times it's finding out that a person you thought was a girl is in fact a guy. Ah fun!

fietsendief
21-02-2010, 03:10 PM
lots of scrubby noobs personalities

I often find myself being #1 or #2 though :P

Flawless
21-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Really annoys me when people AFK at the start of an instance, you queued and then accepted the dungeon. Don't waste my fucking time as you're still setting up your UI :G