View Full Version : Warhammer 40k MMO concept art

Flawless
01-12-2009, 02:40 PM
http://kotaku.com/5415951/an-early-look-at-the-warhammer-40k-mmo/gallery/

Enjoy.

I doubt this game will ever see the light of day, it's been in production for years now and hardly has any news regarding it.

Gruze
01-12-2009, 03:36 PM
I'd try it if it was released tho

Fnurgle
01-12-2009, 05:29 PM
While 40k is my favourite game franchise, I have a hard time seeing the RP part of a MMORPG applied to it, especially the Space Marine "faction".

Hurtgen
04-12-2009, 01:40 AM
Scout>Space Marine>Space Marine Captain>Terminator>Dreadnaught

not sure about that last one thou :P

Jurgan
04-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Well should the MMO ever get off the ground, I do wonder at what type of "Skills" System they'll use. Whether it'll be like ala WoW with set talent trees changeable at a whim or for something like 40k which I think would suit far better, the skill system from EvE Online. Since you are a Marine and they do have a rather lengthy life span. And as they live, gain honours and such, they learn how to use every weapon available, the vehicles and whatnot.

And should a marine fall in battle but is rescued in a timely fashion yet still unable to be fully nursed back to hell they're entombed in a Dreadnaught.

So really its just Neophyte (Scout), Space Marine, Space Marine Captain, Terminator Honours and then Chapter of the Master.

Hurtgen
05-12-2009, 04:20 PM
I dont remember exactly but since i havnt looked at warhammer in about 10 years now, but didnt Land raiders have like a SOUL thing.

Flawless
05-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Machine spirit?

Jurgan
05-12-2009, 06:49 PM
I would think that the Machine Spirit is the name for Artificial Intelligence in the 40k 'Verse. Though as you know in the 40k Verse religion and science go hand in hand if in a somewhat archaic way.

As in, in other to use an item, say for example, a Bolter. They must apply the benedictions and rituals to appease the Machine Spirit, to purify it for the next battles and what not. Same for the vehicles. Though I dont know why they just dont press the button that says "On".