View Full Version : Windows 7 - Built in Backdoor?

Bunneh
23-11-2009, 08:14 PM
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/print/9141182/Microsoft_denies_it_built_backdoor_in_Windows_7?ta xonomyName=Security&taxonomyId=17

I did wonder what that catflap was over there...

Flawless
23-11-2009, 08:41 PM
I see no where in that article of any evidence for this other than, "OMG MS AND NSA == BACKDOOR!"

Further to that,

Microsoft's rejection of the idea that it's hidden a backdoor in Windows came as no surprise to security researchers, who yesterday expressed doubt that the company would put its reputation at such risk. "I can't imagine NSA and Microsoft would do anything deliberate, because the repercussions would be enormous if they got caught," Roger Thompson, the chief research officer of antivirus vendor AVG Technologies, said yesterday.

John Pescatore, an analyst with Gartner Research, agreed. "[The concerns] are way overstated," he said today in an e-mail. "NSA worked with Microsoft and others, like Cisco, on security configuration standards for [their] products."

/thread.

Turiel
24-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Haven't they had a backdoor since XP.

Bunneh
24-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Just as a note, I'm not as paranoid as some would think. I just found the post on another forum and thought some would like to read it here.

Goonerr
25-11-2009, 06:01 PM
The windows Backdoor is a myth, but to be totally honest, with NSA involved i wouldn't be suprised, after all, they monitor everything else including text messages... etc

even IF there was a backdoor, ofcourse they aren't going to admit to that, Microsoft would lose millions.

Muh
26-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Everyone knows windows aren't doors!