View Full Version : Alcatel Speedtouch USB Drivers

Bunneh
22-11-2009, 10:49 AM
I got my new PC last night and everything is working fine, however I cannot for the life of me find the drivers for my modem. It's an Alcatel Speedtouch USB, the green froggy looking one. I've found a few sites that claim to have it, but the file name looks odd and to be honest I'd rather not fuck up a new PC as soon as I get it.

Does anyone have these drivers/install?

*edit* I may have got lucky and found the drivers on Tiscali's website, here

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/broadband/bbdrivers.html

If not, I'll be back!

Btw for those who may want to know the spec, all I know at the moment is it's a Quad core with 4gb memory, a 1gb gfx card, Windows 7 Ultimate and a years free kaspersky net security. Not too bad for 430.

Bunneh
22-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Well no luck. The drivers install, then request the modem to be plugged in. Windows then claims there's no drivers for this modem... Gonna have a mooch around.

*edit*

Seems the 330 modem is not compatible with Windows 7... I've been told to try the Vista drivers as they work for some and not others. Off to try again.

*ninja edit 2*

Works fine with 32 bit version, mine's the 64 bit version. Oh well, I've waited this long for a new PC, I can wait longer.

Slicer
22-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Btw for those who may want to know the spec, all I know at the moment is it's a Quad core with 4gb memory, a 1gb gfx card, Windows 7 Ultimate and a years free kaspersky net security. Not too bad for 430.

Wait, you bought a computer without knowing what you were buying?