View Full Version : Blizzard next gen MMO: Modern War?

Goonerr
11-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Well, today i have been playing MW2 all day and decided to go looking for info on CoD7 and i had a lightbuld moment....

Modern Warfare 2 has been published by Activision Blizzard..

A video game publisher is a company that publishes video games that they have either developed internally or have had developed by a video game developer.

Well Blizzard has already said the next gen MMO will be a totally different IP than anything they have done before.... Wow, Starcraft, Diablo... whatever others

what is left?.... Driving mmo? doubt it, but with all the huge success CoD series has had maybe it will be some sort of CoD modern warefare style MMO?

just my 2 cents.

Flawless
11-11-2009, 08:44 PM
No, you answered your own question. It's a new IP (Intellectual property), COD isn't this being the 6th installment of the series. It was also in development before the companies merged. Finally Activision has been quoted as saying they will be leaving Blizzard alone and let them get on with what they do best, why would they risk killing the cash cow?

Über
11-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Driving mmo?

Fuck yeah, and I don't mean rally driving or any such competing driving. Just a mmo where you could drive a car, and millions of people would do so as well.

Imagine a server (a city) filled with tens of thousands of cars, half of them waiting for the red light to turn to green and half of them trying to make the next light before it turns red. Imagine all the traffic jams and honking in them. Imagine all the possibilities.

IMAGINE.

Goonerr
11-11-2009, 08:58 PM
i didnt mean CoD MMO, i meant something like CoD.... it cant be anything with magic and swords, what else could it be? only a modern day warefare shooter possible?

i put my money on it being either of two things...

Modern day warfare or post apocalyptic mmo

Flawless
11-11-2009, 09:15 PM
What do you mean it can't be magic and swords? why not? You really need to look into gaming if you think all games are shooters or dungeons and dragons. Also shooter MMO's are utter toss.

dantheman
11-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Also shooter MMO's are utter toss.

APB disagrees with you.

I'd love to see a Fallout MMO based on the Fallout 3 style.

Flawless
11-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Fallout MMO is/was in the works by interplay afaik Bethseda took Interplay to court over it I think development stopped.

I'm also not sure what APB is like so I can't comment on it.

Tyrannis
11-11-2009, 10:13 PM
APB disagrees with you.

Seconded.

Crimecraft is utter toss one.

Vegelus
11-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Fallout MMO is/was in the works by interplay afaik Bethseda took Interplay to court over it I think development stopped.

I'm also not sure what APB is like so I can't comment on it.
They're playing ping pong game atm. Interplay took Bethesda to court too. And I think it's still in development, you can find more on fallout wikia:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Vault:News

elog
16-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Given the current Creative Development head I am willing to bet a dark future IP (would give all creative possibilities and it would be 'new' to Blizzard).

Ofc I do not know - just pure speculation :p

The alternative would be a much more magic starved historical MMO. Just feels to close to the fantasy segment.

Vegelus
16-11-2009, 04:06 PM
First unofficial screens of Project V13 (which is not known as Fallout MMO):
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/First_Project_V13_screenshots