View Full Version : PS3 or new Comp?

Myriima
09-11-2009, 06:57 AM
What would you buy? A PS3 with a LCD TV or a new comp? (considering an overclocked one with watercooling). Price is more or less the same.

I got a decent Laptop atm which should run games decently for another year or so. Not with the best options in the graphics department, but meh (Geforce 9800)

Faylin
09-11-2009, 07:38 AM
You decide what to buy based on what we vote? That's just retarded:s

Cheiftan
09-11-2009, 08:25 AM
You decide what to buy based on what we vote? That's just retarded:s

You're a bully. Don't be a bully, you meanie pants.

Faylin
09-11-2009, 09:09 AM
I just can't stand this new tendency to make everyone except yourself responsible for decisions you make. Holland is now flooded with SMS-services that advice you how to call your first baby, advices you if your relationship has potential or not. ( "SMS love baby to 1167").
And every damn competition is decided by televoting these days.

In your case Myr, what else can we say except " look at what game is played on which platform and which of them you like most". It's not hard.

Myriima
09-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Learn to read. I asked "what would you buy", not "what do you want me to buy"

I am set more or less, just killing time.

Sheesh

dantheman
09-11-2009, 09:19 AM
What size monitor would you be getting? Anyway, my answer would be the PC every time.

Goonerr
09-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Get a computer, the game exclusives on PS3 are shit... atleast with a PC you can get them all

Myriima
09-11-2009, 09:56 AM
37" Samsung one (37b6500) for the PS3. Just debating if LCD or LED (ue37b6000), although tending for the LCD one. The LED one is still too expensive and I did not have any luck to find reviews on it. If anyone has personal experience on any of those two TV's, advise would be welcome =) 'specially their performance while gaming.

Gooner, there's a couple of PS3 exclusive stuff that I wouldn't want to miss out, but that's really personal prefference. And I am very well aware that blockbusters like Dragon Age and MW2 are just much better on the PC than on the PS3 (graphics, control).

Thanks for the non-anal replies, didn't remember SS forums to be a flame-magnet *scritches head* Probably just me getting old, =P

Cheiftan
09-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Anyway, my answer would be the PC every time.

Yes.

dantheman
09-11-2009, 11:39 AM
I've got a Samsung LCD and PS3/Xbox. My PC isn't the greatest (but not bad) and i'd still pick the PC. Games do look good on the consoles, don't get me wrong but PC gaming > Console gaming, unless it's for driving games or something similar.

Obviously this is just my opinion, for what it's worth, but i've never been overly impressed with the PS3. I'd probably pick an Xbox over one anyway. Especially if you get it modded :p

Myriima
09-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Seems like most Xbox games do get ported to the PC though, so a PS3 / Comp combo makes more sense to me =P

For example, Mass Effect

Flawless
09-11-2009, 06:11 PM
depends how much you're going to spend on the new PC

Goonerr
10-11-2009, 12:16 PM
I am going to make the ultimate rig soon.... 2,000, if i buy the parts from places like ebuyer will be almost touching 4,000.... buy through company FTW discount.